NFL Draft

Wareagletd

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the St. Louis Rams will be a good fit for Tre.

So looking back he is the 3rd RB off the board?

He should have been in the top 3 backs off the board, yes. But i think we are all happy that he gets to play with greg again

He should have been in the top 3 backs off the board, yes.

How many times have you seen any of those other backs play? My guess is zero...

I didn't now Mike Mayock posted on this board <_<

Someone has to curb the ridiculous homerism. The problem is that most of you guys like to live in a bubble and pretend like no one outside the SEC plays football. There are lots of really good players out there. Most on here also dont understand the NFL game or what goes into scouting. Tre was the 5th back off the board; none of the guys drafted over him were really shocking. He didn't even really fall from where he was expected to go.

He should have been in the top 3 backs off the board, yes.

How many times have you seen any of those other backs play? My guess is zero...

Then your guess is wrong friend. I have seen all of them but the guy from west virginia. Please, do tell me how my opinion is ignorant again. Go right ahead.

Wonder when Prosch will get picked up... Can't go wrong with a back that is almost as big as a lineman.

Then your guess is wrong friend. I have seen all of them but the guy from west virginia. Please, do tell me how my opinion is ignorant again. Go right ahead.

If you've seen them all then you really dont understand scouting or what the NFL looks for. Go look at Jeremy Hill run at 230 pounds. He simply has more natural talent and physical ability that Tre can not match. The Sankey kid is as good or better athletically but he has 10x more experience blocking and catching the football, which is a big deal. Mason is good and his draft status reflects that, but he plays a dime-a-dozen position and there isn't much separation between these guys at the top.

I didn't now Mike Mayock posted on this board <_</>

Someone has to curb the ridiculous homerism. The problem is that most of you guys like to live in a bubble and pretend like no one outside the SEC plays football. There are lots of really good players out there. Most on here also dont understand the NFL game or what goes into scouting. Tre was the 5th back off the board; none of the guys drafted over him were really shocking. He didn't even really fall from where he was expected to go.

So why didn't those running backs before him get an invite to New York for heisman? Rams just got a steal at rb, Tre is the second coming of Ray Rice, IMO

If you've seen them all then you really dont understand scouting or what the NFL looks for. Go look at Jeremy Hill run at 230 pounds. He simply has more natural talent and physical ability that Tre can not match. The Sankey kid is as good or better athletically but he has 10x more experience blocking and catching the football, which is a big deal. Mason is good and his draft status reflects that, but he plays a dime-a-dozen position and there isn't much separation between these guys at the top.

I dont even know why your commenting on my posts. I am clearly not an NFL scout. But like EVERYONE else on this site, i am allowed to post my opinion. I just dont think hill is such a unique back. Sankey is maybe as good as tre production-wise, in an inferior conference. Carlos hyde may be the best back in the class but i do not see anyone else as even potentially being in the conversation. Now obviously these teams dont share my opinion. But it is mine, and i'll stick by it. I believe tre will show out as the best back this draft has to offer.

So why didn't those running backs before him get an invite to New York for heisman?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

You think the NFL gives two craps about the Heisman which is nothing more than a popularity contest? None of those other runningbacks played in our offense, for all you know they all could have been better than Mason had you swapped them out. If you haven't noticed by now; the Heisman is just a BS award that goes to the most publicized player (not even the best!) on one of the top ~3-4 ranked teams in the country. AJ McCarron was invited to the Heisman...where is he in this draft?

No one is disrespecting Tre, just be glad he was taken in the third round. If he was taken in the fourth, all hell would've broken loose on this board.

So why didn't those running backs before him get an invite to New York for heisman?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

You think the NFL gives two craps about the Heisman which is nothing more than a popularity contest? None of those other runningbacks played in our offense, for all you know they all could have been better than Mason had you swapped them out. If you haven't noticed by now; the Heisman is just a BS award that goes to the most publicized player (not even the best!) on one of the top ~3-4 ranked teams in the country. AJ McCarron was invited to the Heisman...where is he in this draft?

mctatt and mark Ingram were media heisman candidates. Tre actually, along with others,were there for what they did on the field! Tre and Dri Archer will be the best 2 rb's in the league in due time, better than those drafted before them, bank it!

Looks like the Rams are using Auburn as their minor league team! LOL

I like Fisher and obviously Greg and Tre. I'll be pulling for the Rams a good bit I imagine. Fisher does clearly give us some love. Gotta like that.

Baltimore selects CJ Mosley at #17. Yesssssss! Go Ravens!

Will he and Bynes be competing for the same spot?

Since BMore runs a 3-4, they're both likely to appear on the field at the same time.

Congrats to Greg, Dee, AND Tre! So proud of you each! It seems that what appeared a "delayed" selection in the eyes of some where Tre is concerned is more of a delay of selecting running backs as a whole, early, in this draft. The talking heads have repeatedly said this, with history being made tonight in not taking a RB until slot whatever....'

It's been a year for the line...for the secondary...for wide receivers...

but just so they go, right? Missouri has SHOWN US a lot this week! Meanwhile, landing in Cleveland, having been bypassed in earlier picks by both A& M teammates and other worthy quarterbacks (Bortles, etc.) had to be quite the test for Mr. Football last night. It brought up memories of "rumors of Saban to Cleveland" and it was hilarious imagining those two egos battling it out in the "bleak midwinter..." :jossun:

Daren Bates and Emory Blake are also on the Rams roster, not to mention former AU TE Les Snead at GM. Count the Rams as my new co-favorite NFL team.

I didn't now Mike Mayock posted on this board <_</>

So why didn't those running backs before him get an invite to New York for heisman? Rams just got a steal at rb, Tre is the second coming of Ray Rice, IMO

JMO but the Heisman is about college football performance and the draft is about NFL potential.

And interesting to me that Tre was listed at 5'-81/2" on the details last night...he was usually listed at 5-10 when he first got to AU....so how did he grow shorter?

But I'm happy he is in St Louis with a team that apparently likes to run the ball....and Fisher made a good choice IMO.

And interesting to me that Tre was listed at 5'-81/2" on the details last night...he was usually listed at 5-10 when he first got to AU....so how did he grow shorter?

You don't really believe NCAA press guides, do you? Listen to any college football broadcast for 15 minutes and they'll tell you if a guy is listed at 5'10" 220lb, he is probably closer to 5'8" 210. The numbers from the draft are real.

Archived