ESPN Radio Just Reported

Tigerdog

Guest Tigrinum Major
Urban Meyer To  :uf:

$2mil/yr

ND - D'oh!

128668[/snapback]

Wow. This is a shocker. I figured that ND would have no trouble landing Meyer.

Where do the Irish got from here?

I am really surprised-I would have put money on him going to ND

128687[/snapback]

I think most would have as well. But there is a better chance of winning a National Championship at :uf: than at ND. :big:

Meyer's contract is in excess of $2mil/year??  Sheesh...so does that mean he's expected to win the SEC next year?

128703[/snapback]

He at least better beat Spurrier and get into the SECCG. I'm not looking at it right now, but I'm pretty sure Bama keeps :usc: and picks up :uf: next year. How wonderful.

Meyer's contract is in excess of $2mil/year??  Sheesh...so does that mean he's expected to win the SEC next year?

128703[/snapback]

Well, this gives CTT more leverage when negotiating his raise at the end of the year.

And didn't LSU promise Saban that he would always be the highest paid coach in Division-1 last year after raising him to $2M last year? Is he now guaranteed a raise? What did Spurrier get from SC?

Meanwhile, Cutcliff gets the ax just as the salary wars start...oh well. What is it going to cost Ole Miss to find a winner now? [Or maybe they can just get Archie Manning to coach for nothing out of loyalty? :D ]

Edit: I just saw this after posting:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...69254115020.xml

Ole Miss talks to Zook

Petrino the top choice but sources say school officials impressed with fired Florida coach

The BIG winner with Meyer's contract is,,,,,,,, NICK SABAN!If I remember correctly, he has a clause in his contract that if another coach is paid more than him, HE gets a raise. All you corndogs,,,open up your wallets!!!! $$$$$$$$$$

Urban Meyer isn't stupid. Unless he stays at Utah, he steps into a pressure-cooker where everyone expects you to win a championship in 2005. Based on the talent in place and the talent in-state, where would you go, Florida or Notre Dame? It is within the realm of possibility that Florida could contend for a BCS bowl in 2005. At Notre Dame, forget about it.

The BIG winner with Meyer's contract is,,,,,,,, NICK SABAN!If I remember correctly, he has a clause in his contract that if another coach is paid more than him, HE gets a raise.  All you corndogs,,,open up your wallets!!!!  $$$$$$$$$$

128722[/snapback]

In a way, yes.

Id say Stoops is the WINNER!

He was being paid $2 mil

When Offered the Florida job, Oklahoma countered with 2.4 mil.

He is staying at Oklahoma.

Wow!

What a way to talk yourself into an extra 400 grand!!!!

And here we are, struggling, overworked and underpaid griping about the peanuts we make for a yearly salary and he gets a RAISE of $400,000 for turning DOWN a job?! Hope he wins. lol

:blink::angry:

128703[/snapback]

He at least better beat Spurrier and get into the SECCG. I'm not looking at it right now, but I'm pretty sure Bama keeps :usc: and picks up :uf: next year. How wonderful.

128708[/snapback]

Don't cry...we trade UT for South Caro-Spurrier next year!!!

The real loser here is Finebaum!!!

He spent the last two-three dyas guaranteeing that UM was at ND.

Looks like he missed the call there. :yes:

Archived