Something I noticed today

BamaGrad03

Okay...so I subscribe to Bamonline. Its the rivals network deal. Pretty good place for up to date inside information. Well they have this new feature that shows video production of new recruits etc. It's been free for like 6 months now with your paid subsription to the rivals network...now its like another 100 bucks a year. On top of the 100 or so dollars i already pay a year.

What is up with that? What is up with ALL these websites making you SUBSCRIBE to stuff that used to be free? AND PAY FOR IT!?! Take ESPN for example...you can't hardly read anything on their site except for AP releases unless you pay to be an "insider". Are you freaking KIDDING me? You are ESPN. You are a CABLE network that we already have to pay for! Now I cant read a Jay Bilas column or an Andy Katz piece unless I PAY FOR IT?

Now the whore out their entire site with advertising...and as someone who knows what they charge to advertise on their site...they shouldnt charge us for ANYTHING when it comes to reading their content.

grrrr

And what about them luring you in with free fantasy games for a season or two and then make you start paying, when you know the ads pay for everything. This year I actually payed to play on MLB.com then they made you pay again to watch highlights and stuff. Ridiculous.

I guess if we'd quit paying, they'd quit charging. Not likely I fear.

You can see the regular videos...but the "AMP" production videos that are part of the Rivals network (and have been free all year) are not available for an extra fee.

Archived