Softball vs. Minnesota (Regional Final)game 2

Kilpatrick strikes out swinging....Bogaards lays down the bunt but the ball hits her when she leaves the box, so she is out. 2 outs. Easier than the other one they called where I thought she was on the line and still in the box.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn half of the inning over....not sure that wasn't outside quite a bit but called strike 3.... Going to bottom 5th, Auburn still leads 6-5

I must have a bad angle....that last pitch looked half a foot outside

I must have a bad angle....that last pitch looked half a foot outside

Yeah you definitely have a bad angle. That thing was way more than a half a foot.

Nice try on that bunt. anywhere but right back to the pitcher and it's a base hit.

I just wanted to say "man I've had a great day." Walked 18 holes with Jason Dufner this morning, and now enjoying some AU softball. It felt like a Saturday in the fall.

Edit-that one's on me ladies and gents. I jinxed it.

FINAL. Minnesota defeats Auburn 8-6 and advances to super regional. What a GREAT season for Auburn softball and a fantastic performance all weekend by Lexi Davis.

Lexi was a super trooper to carry the team this far - man if we had Marcy to give her a break. Great start to the Clint Meyer era - can't wait until we are in the NCAA next year!

Showed a ton of heart for such a young group of girls. I'm convinced it won't be long until we are competing for natty's. If nothing else this weekend showed that we have the coach and that work horse (lexi) to do it. Great season and WDE ladies!

Need some more pitching help. Can only ride a horse for so far...Lexi was amazing and not having Marcy available made a huge difference.

No senior starters....this team will be back again next season.

Great job by these Lady Tigers!! They were in it until the end. They showed a ton of heart and talent. Coach Myers is turning this program around. Lexi did an incredible job this weekend. If Marcy was a available, I think we win the Regional. Well done ladies!! I can't wait until next season.

Archived