Added BCS component

jared52

There is nothing we can do at this point to change what's happened. We've argued who should be #1, #2 and #3 (yes, all THREE are debatable). The media, coaches, and computers have decided that the best team in the best conference will not play for the MNC (it's still mythical and I would say that even if we were there). Fine... it sickens me to the core, but fine.

Now, since the BCS is the way that college football (on the 1A level) is going to decide who gets to play for the MNC, it needs to be more balanced. The media has their bias based on location (except our friend in Huntsville), the coaches are mostly the same (though they are too chicken to show us their vote), and the computers just plain stink at times. Since we the fan have to put up with this system, and we know the bowl make too much money to scrap, we (the college football fan) should have a voice in this thing. So kind of top 10 poll or a who-should-play-in the-championship poll. Something!

Why you ask? Because every poll ran online for the last two weeks has shown a HUGH disparity in who the fans want in the Orange Bowl... Auburn and USC. It's been a blow out.

So why can't the fans have a say... more than just posting our disgust on the Internet.

I think that would turn into a school spirit contest... look at the mascot challenge. Penn State could run away with the fan vote every year because they have so many people.

Archived