How we finish this season

HarpyTrain

I think we lose to Moo St.

lol, again!

I been missing you, I look forward to spending the season with old pal. Are you ready for some football!!

No doubt! Hope u had a great summer! I'm ready for some AU football!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAMU: W No Johnny Football, no offense. Rebuilding for them. Maybe we return the 63 point favor?

Why stop at 63?

UGA: W Sure they have Gurhsall; but new QB; means no points. We know how to score on their DC

QB should be broken in by then. Plus the new DC with good talent on defense. Definitely not a gimmie.

One of the things I want to see again is an Auburn team absolutely dominates a team that they're not supposed to dominate at all I.e. tennesse game in Knoxville, '04 or LSU game in Baton Rouge, '99.

Amen, and if we can successfully navigate this " brutal" schedule this could go down as THE greatest Auburn team ever.

But the reality is Auburn is going to be tested in some of these games. It will probably be the season that my wife's been predicting that I will finally have a heart attack. But a win is a win. And I can't wait to get it started . War Damn Eagle!

Saw an article today (in an Alabama Living magazine so can't quote it here), I believe the author was Bill Bradford (former coach). Obviously written for fans in the state of Alabama. He had Bama beating AU in the Iron Bowl and winning the SEC Championship over Georgia, but AU still making the playoffs as the #4 team. In the semifinals he had #4 AU beating #1 FSU, then #2 Bama beating #3 Oregon in the other semifinal, setting an Iron Bowl rematch. In the Championship he had #4 AU beating #2 Bama, giving AU a 13-1 season and National Championship and Bama 14-1 and SEC Championship with each team beating the other at some point in the season.

That is stupid crap and wishful thinking by the author, at best. Bama will be lucky to finish 3rd in the west this year.

With that schedule, they could go 12-0, not sure how they'd be "lucky"

Gotta look at it without bias, they go @Ole Miss and then they get a break with Arkansas. Only time I could see them losing is if Florida becomes amazing in the first 4 weeks or if the back to back challenge of Tenn/LSU beats them, but on paper they should tear up both. That's a should though, but I think the lowest they'd go in the conference is second.

Yes no matter how fun it is to hope they lose 3 or 4, no doubt this is still a very very good bammer team. And IMO I think they can beat most on their schedule with a very average QB. They have won 3 nattys with very average at best QB'S in the past. I would never underestimate them.

2 of those championships they backed their way in. They didn't do nothing special, right place at the right time.

If that's the case than AU technically backed their way into last year's BCSNCG. Without Michigan State beating OSU, AU does not get to play FSU.

That's true also, but thank GOD for conference championships!! Oh wait, bama got in without being conference champion, popularity wins again.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Alabama lost a game by 3 and that's why they barely dropped. There's no logical reason OK State should've lost, its not UA's fault they won out.

Exactly Auburn won the SEC so no they didn't back their way in to the BCSNCG. The team in fron of us lost. Thats their own fault.

Bama on the other hand didn't even play in the SEC championship games for the 2 titles they backed their way in to, Hense the term backed their way in. They didn't belong there, There were other conference champions those 2 years that could have played insted of Bama.

As for this year, I think we win out. 1 loss at most. But I was listening to Collin Cowherd a few weeks ago he was talking college playoffs. He thinks we could lose 1-2 games including Bama, Bama could go on to win the SEC and we would still be selected instead of bama just because of our scheduie strength.

If anyone really thinks there will be 2 SEC schools in the college football playoff this year, your kidding yourselves. I don't see any way possible, The conf champ would have to have 3-4 losses in order for 2 of the big 5 conferences to not have a team in the playoffs. It would have to be 2 destroyed conferences, I just don't see it. Now I can see the SEC being one of those conferences being left out if we decimate each other. but not the other 4, they just don't have enough strong teams in each conference to warrent that thought.

Pac-12 1 loss champ makes it My pick Oregon

ACC 1 loss - undefeated champ makes is My Pick FSU possibly Louiville

B1G 1 loss- undefeated makes it My pick OSU but could be MI St if they have another defense like last year

SEC Auburn makes it no doubt.

leaving the little 12 left out

along with ND, I think they drop some to soso competition as usual, and possibly win against FSU is the only real win on their schedule.

Actually no UAT only didn't win the SEC in 2011. However in the BCSNCG's they played in, they out scored their opponents 100-35. I'm pretty sure they did in fact belong in that game each time. Sure there were others but weather we like it or not they were the best team in college football those years. So if your going to day UAT backed their way in 2012 than AU did in 2013 as well.

One of the things I want to see again is an Auburn team absolutely dominates a team that they're not supposed to dominate at all I.e. tennesse game in Knoxville, '04 or LSU game in Baton Rouge, '99.

Amen, and if we can successfully navigate this " brutal" schedule this could go down as THE greatest Auburn team ever.

But the reality is Auburn is going to be tested in some of these games. It will probably be the season that my wife's been predicting that I will finally have a heart attack. But a win is a win. And I can't wait to get it started . War Damn Eagle!

Saw an article today (in an Alabama Living magazine so can't quote it here), I believe the author was Bill Bradford (former coach). Obviously written for fans in the state of Alabama. He had Bama beating AU in the Iron Bowl and winning the SEC Championship over Georgia, but AU still making the playoffs as the #4 team. In the semifinals he had #4 AU beating #1 FSU, then #2 Bama beating #3 Oregon in the other semifinal, setting an Iron Bowl rematch. In the Championship he had #4 AU beating #2 Bama, giving AU a 13-1 season and National Championship and Bama 14-1 and SEC Championship with each team beating the other at some point in the season.

That is stupid crap and wishful thinking by the author, at best. Bama will be lucky to finish 3rd in the west this year.

With that schedule, they could go 12-0, not sure how they'd be "lucky"

Gotta look at it without bias, they go @Ole Miss and then they get a break with Arkansas. Only time I could see them losing is if Florida becomes amazing in the first 4 weeks or if the back to back challenge of Tenn/LSU beats them, but on paper they should tear up both. That's a should though, but I think the lowest they'd go in the conference is second.

Yes no matter how fun it is to hope they lose 3 or 4, no doubt this is still a very very good bammer team. And IMO I think they can beat most on their schedule with a very average QB. They have won 3 nattys with very average at best QB'S in the past. I would never underestimate them.

2 of those championships they backed their way in. They didn't do nothing special, right place at the right time.

If that's the case than AU technically backed their way into last year's BCSNCG. Without Michigan State beating OSU, AU does not get to play FSU.

That's true also, but thank GOD for conference championships!! Oh wait, bama got in without being conference champion, popularity wins again.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Alabama lost a game by 3 and that's why they barely dropped. There's no logical reason OK State should've lost, its not UA's fault they won out.

Exactly Auburn won the SEC so no they didn't back their way in to the BCSNCG. The team in fron of us lost. Thats their own fault.

Bama on the other hand didn't even play in the SEC championship games for the 2 titles they backed their way in to, Hense the term backed their way in. They didn't belong there, There were other conference champions those 2 years that could have played insted of Bama.

As for this year, I think we win out. 1 loss at most. But I was listening to Collin Cowherd a few weeks ago he was talking college playoffs. He thinks we could lose 1-2 games including Bama, Bama could go on to win the SEC and we would still be selected instead of bama just because of our scheduie strength.

If anyone really thinks there will be 2 SEC schools in the college football playoff this year, your kidding yourselves. I don't see any way possible, The conf champ would have to have 3-4 losses in order for 2 of the big 5 conferences to not have a team in the playoffs. It would have to be 2 destroyed conferences, I just don't see it. Now I can see the SEC being one of those conferences being left out if we decimate each other. but not the other 4, they just don't have enough strong teams in each conference to warrent that thought.

Pac-12 1 loss champ makes it My pick Oregon

ACC 1 loss - undefeated champ makes is My Pick FSU possibly Louiville

B1G 1 loss- undefeated makes it My pick OSU but could be MI St if they have another defense like last year

SEC Auburn makes it no doubt.

leaving the little 12 left out

along with ND, I think they drop some to soso competition as usual, and possibly win against FSU is the only real win on their schedule.

Actually no UAT only didn't win the SEC in 2011. However in the BCSNCG's they played in, they out scored their opponents 100-35. I'm pretty sure they did in fact belong in that game each time. Sure there were others but weather we like it or not they were the best team in college football those years. So if your going to day UAT backed their way in 2012 than AU did in 2013 as well.

Except AU actually won their division and league title, bama did neither!

Archived