Official 2014 Nip Watch

WarTim

Blasphemy, I know.... But I work in tourism and so hate to see the end of august because that's the end of my best income season. If the season was good, bring on opening day.

Living in Central Europe I'm pretty much on nip watch all day every day. And I'm rarely disappointed.

Bring on opening day.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was mowing over fallen leaves from my cherry tree yesterday.....fall is getting close!

fyi thats most likely a fungus issue called fire blight....willing to bet the leaves looked as if insects chewed them and have black spots all over.

arrgh!

I appreciate your zeal to inform, but leaf drop this time of year is primarily environmental stress associated as the day length is still long and our northern friends have not had a frost - the other key for senescence.

Too bad for your cherry trees if they do have southern blight, it is time to replant something else that will not be susceptible to the bacteria. I just removed 4 myself for similar reasons.

Sorry guys

Back the topic.

e16097c8.jpg

We need to save this photo for Bert in the look-a-like thread.

I drove past a HS stadium this afternoon. Practice in session. Footballs flying and kids in full pads running. A really strong harbinger of the Nip!!!

Clayton....well done. Whatever "sights-sounds-smells-feelings" just scream FOOTBALL is what we are looking for my friend. Keep 'em coming!!!

Not my department. I am sure one of our brothers on AU Family will answer your call all too soon.

I promise if we get SNOW before the season starts....well...... :bow:

Hosting a pool party with a rather large group. I can confirm the nip is in the air. ;)/> ;)/>

Again, :thumb_ttiwwop:/>

:big:/>

Trying to get me banned?

PM me?

Not my department. I am sure one of our brothers on AU Family will answer your call all too soon.

If my memory serves me, it was LeagleEagle (sp?) that posted the tease.

Fire up that grill and that leaf will magically disappear .......

The anticipation is what it is all about......

I live in Auburn and you can feel it 'cause the frosch are moving on to campus already. I could use a good 3 week coma to get me to kick off.

I have taken an oath to never do a Carly impersonation ever again. However, I do a wicked Joan Biaz from time to time.......now, back to the Nip....... ;-)

95 in the ATL today! Hot outside, sweated through my clothes looking at footing trenches today. No nip near here.

Warning signs of the forthcoming Nip are happening here in rural south Georgia. Hunters are being sighted headed toward the woods big boy toys attached to their trailers. Trailers also loaded with feeders, deer stands and corn. Many of these vehicles have Florida plates. Its not too long now...

I live in Auburn and you can feel it 'cause the frosch are moving on to campus already. I could use a good 3 week coma to get me to kick off.

I had to laugh, and I needed a good laugh.

Archived