Official 2014 Nip Watch

WarTim

During the season on gamedays I usually wake up earlier than my family and step outside on my back porch. There is this quietness and this feeling in the air especially when its one of those big games. Even before it turns cool here in south Alabama you can smell it in the air, you can feel it. Those really special days when I get to go to JHS its even more intense. I was hoping to get a small glimpse of it this weekend but didn't feel it. I have a feeling it will be soon though and oh wonderful day Aug 30th when I wake up early and get ready for a gameday! War Eagle!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast this week: Friday - 99°, Saturday - 99°, Sunday - 100° . But the Nip being a state of mind, I'm starting to feel it.

Ahhhhh. My Buddy Legal, many here have been WAITING on YOUR "input"........

Got my arky tickets in the mail, I see kids getting on buses on my way to work, said ride to work is now 30 minutes longer because of said busses and kids. :angry: Heard cheering and some one talking over the PA system of the local high school this past Friday night. I would say the NIP is definitely upon us!!

Forecast this week: Friday - 99°, Saturday - 99°, Sunday - 100° . But the Nip being a state of mind, I'm starting to feel it.

Yeah. Last week was really nice. Cool in the mornings. Actually felt and "saw" the nip early in the mornings when in the stores :) . This week will have to be all state of mind.

"State of mind" or reality......Keep those NIP "signs" flowing ....... :wareagle:

My beloved, a Jacksonville girl who took 30 years to adjust to Central Florida, called me this morning to brag that her morning bicycle ride was long and "pleasant" (meaning no cloying humidity)....

Today, I overheard 2 of my co-workers planning a maternity photo session for one of them. First, they narrowed down days and times based on the SEC schedule. Then they decided they'd just do it this weekend and not risk waiting until the season started. I guess the nip was on their mind?

Today, I overheard 2 of my co-workers planning a maternity photo session for one of them. First, they narrowed down days and times based on the SEC schedule. Then they decided they'd just do it this weekend and not risk waiting until the season started. I guess the nip was on their mind?

Whoever is the father is a very, very lucky man.

This weekend the boy's of summer become the future legends of fall in Georgia as teams everywhere begin to end the speculation of every fan. The speculation of this year my team is gonna beat your team. Schoolboy football players begin lacing them up and strapping them on to begin to create their very own 'Glory Days". All the hot summer two a days are over the scrimmages are over. Its time for High School Football in Georgia. The Nip is very close!

Steady rainfall this morning. Leaves cover the driveway and are scattered over the carport. I am starting to feel "IT".......

I saw where the South is forecasted to have the highest temps of this summer from now through the end of August. It would be nice if this turns out to be wrong.

"Temp"? We ain't worried about no stinking Temp"........ The Nip is a powerful and mysterious force of nature.

"Temp"? We ain't worried about no stinking Temp"........ The Nip is a powerful and mysterious force of nature.

The Nip is like the Force, except there is no dark side...

It's created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together...

May The Nip be with us.

I know we ain't worried about "no stinking temp" for the call of the Nip, but these temps will sure make it one stinking HOT August 30th afternoon in JHS - I'd say it will be hot enough to roast a pig!

Has-been players in five thousand dollar suits with their hands strategically positioned to show off their ring pontificating on T.V. and telling me what to think; yep the nip is near!

This is getting dangerously close to falling off the first page (for those with default forum settings). But it's going to be HOT this as this week goes on. I still don't have that "feeling" yet myself. Might take until game week for me.

Archived