Official 2014 Nip Watch

WarTim

For those of you even talking about calling the Nip in the next two weeks must not be living in Central Alabama. It is still plenty hot here to me, and I love the hot weather. I appreciate the nip and being able to sit in JHS with a cool breeze as AU scores again, but I fear that Aug 30 kick-off is going to be plenty warm enough at 3pm.

But that is why we leave the call of the nip up to WarTim.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you even talking about calling the Nip in the next two weeks must not be living in Central Alabama. It is still plenty hot here to me, and I love the hot weather. I appreciate the nip and being able to sit in JHS with a cool breeze as AU scores again, but I fear that Aug 30 kick-off is going to be plenty warm enough at 3pm.

But that is why we leave the call of the nip up to WarTim.

I believe that the Nip is going to come down to the wire.

Remember, The Nip has VERY little to do with temperature. It is more of a state of mind........Did I just type that?.......

As a longtime observer, I know that Tim is the one and only Lord of the Nip, but let me say this breezy 81 degrees at 11 am in Charleston, SC is a tonic for my soul. And it just showed up out of nowhere. Now if I could just get rid of these Gamecocks, Tigers and Bulldawgs ...

Remember, The Nip has VERY little to do with temperature. It is more of a state of mind........Did I just type that?.......

Exactly - when we were doing two-a-days in the hot August days, it makes you get in the state of mind or get killed.

Exactly - when we were doing two-a-days in the hot August days, it makes you get in the state of mind or get killed.

The Nip is a way of life..

The Nip is a way of life..

Feelin the nip here in Charleston SC. Gotta be closing in on it...

Central AL. has not been "cool" the past few days....but...humidity has been VERY low. Almost like Fall......Just sayin'.... :jossun:

Smelled cigars at Toomers Corner tonight and saw the sororities gather at 5guys and Chill. Came home and blew a few leaves off the lawn. Saw 5 or six high school football players this week at work, all covered with sweat and grass. The nip is getting closer!

My high school football officials scheduler calling for guys to do some scrimmage games . . . . it's getting closer!

Greeted by the smell of burning leaves this morning...

The Nip was called last year on 8-15. Come on Tigers. I need to hear from all of you. War Eagle!

I just got home from a trip to north Ga. Ran into lots of F.S,U. and Clemson fans. The temp in the mountains at night got into the lower fifty's. I think it's getting that time War Tim.

Just finished the big clean of the apartment for football guests! The wifey is preggo and we are expecting many more visitors and less tailgating.

Nothing like shopping for groceries here in Auburn and hearing the marching band over the speakers.

Need more, feel that excitement that overwhelms people passing by the big screens at SAMs playing classic Auburn wins.

And the sounds of my girls practicing Two Bits in the driveway. C'mon nip you are close!

Usually, with just a bit of a break in the temperatures, you get that slightly different smell when you cut the grass and that country song on the radio (Boys of Fall) but just haven't had it yet. Couple of high school scrimmages Friday night, lining up who will be with me at JHS for the home games, so definitely getting closer.

Saturday night I was watching a program I had recorded and when it was over, I switched to the SEC channel and there it was!!!!! Auburn and Oregon tied 19-19. Chizik sent in Byrum to kick the win with 10 second left. Oregon called a timeout. Gus rushed over to Chizik and he was convincing him to do something else. He had Cam run another play (just protect the ball) and take it down to 2 seconds left then kick. The rest is history. It could have turned out a lot different if we had given Oregon a chance to run the kick back. We all know what can happen in just 1 second! Gus knew better. Man, I am glad we have Gus!!!!!! Anyway..... that definitely got me in a frame of mind for AUBURN FOOTBALL. I am ready!!!!!!!!

Archived