Mark My Word 2014

DaddyBoyAU

Flagged for wimpy predictions:

Alabama goes 9-3 and declares themselves National Champs

You get a pass on the first part, but the second half is a given. 5 yards, replay the down.

Mark my Word: Only one team from SEC will make it to the playoffs.

15 yards and loss of down (because I declare myself commissioner for the duration of this post and can change the rules).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark My Word: Tennessee will come within a late FG of winning the East (including an upset of Bama)

Mark My Word: The SEC East will end in a 3-way tie between UT, SC, and UGA. The Gamecocks win a coin toss to go to the championship game.

Mark My Word: Penn State wins the B1G, and James Franklin wins most major COTY awards

Mark My Word: Notre Dame (10-2), will will hand FSU (11-1) their only loss and edge the Noles out for the 4th playoff spot based on SOS.

MMW:

Alabama loses to Ole Miss, and the Barn; Iron Bowl knocks them out of the playoff

Oklahoma finishes outside the top 15

A school from MS finishes 2nd in the West.

The eventual heisman winner is not currently in the discussion.

The Barn?

I think he's exposed himself as a bammer, what do you think Weegs?

Yep. "BOO this man!"

Mark My Word: Tennessee will come within a late FG of winning the East (including an upset of Bama)

Mark My Word: The SEC East will end in a 3-way tie between UT, SC, and UGA. The Gamecocks win a coin toss to go to the championship game.

Mark My Word: Penn State wins the B1G, and James Franklin wins most major COTY awards

Mark My Word: Notre Dame (10-2), will will hand FSU (11-1) their only loss and edge the Noles out for the 4th playoff spot based on SOS.

Nice.

Most of mine are bold predictions except for Florida firing Muschamp.

Mark My Word: South Carolina win the SEC for the 1st time ever

Mark My Word: Florida fires Will Muschamp after going 6-6 and losing to UGA for the 4th straight year

Mark My Word: Florida hires Clemson's OC Chad Morris as their new head coach

Mark My Word: Dameyune Craig will leave Auburn and be Clemson's new OC

Mark My Word: Florida State will not win the National Championship

Mark My Word: The first year of the 4 team playoff will have controversy as Alabama will make the 4 team playoff without winning the SEC

Corey Grant will set the new AU single season rushing record.

( 1st infraction... :rolleyes: )

sideline warning !

Mark My Word: Reading the rules will never be my forte :)

this is too funny.

mark my word: kiffin is one and done

mark my word: MSU is SEC West title contender. Second at minimum.

MMW: Only one team from any conference will make the playoffs

MMW: There will be as much controversy over #5 not making the playoff as any previous BCS controversy

MMW: Melvin Ray will be as big a hit as Sammie and Duke

MMW:

1. Saban will get lost in a freak snowstorm that dumps 36 inches of snow in Tuskerlooser, and Saban gets lost trying to dig his way out to the top of the snowfall.

2. Saban will turn up in an Eagles nest in northern Canada after an eagle mistakes him for food for its baby eagles.

3. Saban joins the circus as the shortest football coach in the history of college football.

4. Saban takes over his father's old service station and turns it into a West Virginia Natural Museum.

5. Saban moves to Ireland and takes a job as a Leprechaun

Mark my word:

AU 11-1 and first in the west and overall 14-1

Ole Miss 11-1 L vs AU and makes the playoff despite Bo Wallace

Bammer 9-3 L's vs AU, Ole Miss, and UF in Muschamp's swan song

AUburn wins the first playoff national championship.

All of that would be fantastic!

Mark My word: This will be Jamie Winston's last year at FSU. He will do a Manziel and leave after his sophore year, but for different reasons. Things will get too hot with the legal system for him in the Tallahassee area and FSU will not be able to keep him protected any longer so he goes pro early.

Mary My Word (and don't shoot me): Lane Kiffin will save dinkybear's bacon at Tuscastinktown by giving him an offense that will be able to help cover the fact that bama's D cannot stop teams like Auburn and Ole Miss.

MMW:

Barber will be our leading rusher

Miss State and Ole Miss beat LSU

AU beats UF in the SEC 'ship

MMW:

Cass will be all SEC at the end of the year

AU will have a top 25 D at the end of the year

Gabe Wright will lead the team in sacks

AU will have no players in the top 5 Heisman lists (due to spreading out stats)

College GD will devote a 15 minute special to bama, kiffen, and coker on the first Saturday of the season about how they will be awesome. They will then not be awesome.

Texas wins the Big 12 this year

Wisconsin wins the B1G

Clemson wins the ACC but still loses to USCe

FL wins the east but is considered the 6th best team in the SEC

Okay, I was off on a few last year:

"Mark My Word: Louisville vs. Ohio State for the BCS National Championship

Mark My Word: The Auburn defense finishes in the top 15 of all statistical categories

Mark My Word: The duel threat of Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson becomes a national story due to its success.

Mark My Word: Tre Mason does not make his goal of 1500 yards, but he comes close with 1,300.

Mark My Word: Carl Lawson makes the Freshman All American team after receiving more playing time as the year goes on. "

Anyway, it's a new year, and a new Mark My Word!

Mark My Word: Auburn's offense will break the SEC's total yards in a season record.

Mark My Word: Nick Marshall will be named First Team All SEC and becomes a first round NFL draft pick.

Mark My Word: Kirby Smart leaves UA for Georgia after Richt steps down. UGA remains irrelevant.

Mark My Word: After 3 games, Corey Grant becomes Auburn's premier back.

Mark My Word: The 4 teams in college football's first playoff are Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, and UCLA.

Mark My Word: Jacob Coker is not the starting QB for UA at the end of the year. Turd fans claim that they "didn't want him anyway"...

Mary My Word (and don't shoot me): Lane Kiffin will save dinkybear's bacon at Tuscastinktown by giving him an offense that will be able to help cover the fact that bama's D cannot stop teams like Auburn and Ole Miss.

Umm UAT has beaten Ole Miss 10 times in a row. Anyways Mark my word;

1. The Iron Bowl determines the SEC West again.

2. South Carolina wins the East.

3. Will Muschamp gets fired.

4. CAP will be AU's feature RB.

5. I win the $100 million lottery.

MMW... Bama will have at least 2 SEC loses after the LSU game is over and will be out of contention for the playoffs and SEC championship. MMW... Florida finds an offense and beats Bama. MMW... The winner of Florida vs USCe wins the east. MMW the puppies playing for CMR's job against Tenn after losing to both cousin Clem and the game birds. MMW... Only one team from the SEC, the undefeated SEC Champion Auburn Tigers will be in the playoff this year. MMW.. FSU will lose to cousin Clem and cousin Clem will be in the playoffs. MMW... The Auburn Tigers will be the first 15 game winner. MMW... This might be the melt down season and the worst that Bama has not had since Saban's first year.

MARK MY WORD: I am happy to call yall friends.

MARK MY WORD: Some of my friends drink way too dang much...

MARK MY WORD: We go 14-1 and win it all. Alabama goes 11-3 and loses to Auburn twice.

MARK MY WORD: USCe wins the SEC East and loses to us twice.

MARK MY WORD: Alabama does make the playoff but their weak schedule kills them in the end.

MARK MY WORD: CWM is done as a HC. He takes a year off and replaces CEJ as DC at Auburn as CEJ retires from a great career.

Mark My Words...

Bammers cheer as Saban's plane DEPARTS West Vance for good...

Bammers weep as Smart lives up to his name and heads east to Georgia...

Bammers scratch their heads as Auburn creams them in both football AND basketball...

Bammers put all of their hopes into their soccer team, adding "futbol" stats to their NCAA title claims...

and in the Loveliest Village...the replanted Toomer's Oaks take on the lifestyle of Chinese bamboo in the 7th year ("year of Biblical completion") and mature into their grandfathers' shoes.... :-)

MMW:

Nick Marshall throws for 3000, runs for 1000, winning SEC POTY.

Bamzo loses 2, Auburn and LSU.

Kiffin is fired after the Bammer offense struggles all year.

Kentucky makes a bowl game.

Neither of the Mississippi teams live up to expectations, winning fewer than 9 games.

A player who nobody is currently talking about wins the Heisman, edging out Nick Marshall.

MMW: UCF will beat PSU in Ireland……medical 'mary-jane' will pass in Florida election in November….Baylor will not end up in the final Top Ten….West Virginia will lose by 20 in their opening game….FSU will beat Clemson and ND, but lose to Louisville….Texas will not beat Oklahoma….Auburn will have another dramatic win this year on the road….and will be playing the 2nd week in January….WDE!!!

Mark my word: the 2014 Tigers set the new single season scoring record for Auburn.

Mark my word: the 2014 Tigers defense finishes the season in the top 20 in scoring defense.

Mark my word: the 2014 Tigers have a turnover margin of +15 by the end of the season.

Mark my word: we have returns for touchdowns off an interception, a fumble, a punt return, and a kickoff -- in the same game (UGA).

Archived