Mark My Word 2014

DaddyBoyAU

Due to my job and family life, I don't get to post as much as I used to, but I will make time for this. Thank you AU Tytrocious for the PM this year reminding me of what's important: my yearly "Mark My Word" thread. It may not be as popular as the Nip thread, but it is to me ;)

Here's how it works: the sportscasters are telling us how the season will go, but you know something they don't. Maybe it's just a gut feeling, maybe it's wishful thinking, but as far as you are concerned it will happen. So tell us about it.

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats San Jose State!") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Jamis Winston gets in trouble again!"), but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

Last year I made a prediction that surprised even me that it turned out correct:

Mark My Word: Johny Manziel starts every game this season, but A&M loses at least four games anyway.

but I also made one that wasn't even close to being correct...

Mark My Word: Alabama loses to Arkansas. You heard me.

ARCHIVES:

Mark My Word 2013

Mark My Word 2012

Mark My Word 2011

Mark My Word 2010

Mark My Word 2009

Mark My Word 2008

Mark My Word 2007

Mark My Word 2006

Mark My Word 2005

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.

* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:

Mark My Word: Penn State has the best record in the Big 10 at the end of the regular season.

Mark My Word: Lane Kiffin is gone from Alabama before their bowl game.

Mark My Word: Florida wins the East.

Arguably not my boldest predictions based on my historical MMW predictions, but now you know how it works. So set's hear 'em: What are your boldest and craziest predictions?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my word:

AU 11-1 and first in the west and overall 14-1

Ole Miss 11-1 L vs AU and makes the playoff despite Bo Wallace

Bammer 9-3 L's vs AU, Ole Miss, and UF in Muschamp's swan song

AUburn wins the first playoff national championship.

Mark my word: Tennessee will be much improved over last year.

Mark my word: South Carolina will win the SEC East.

Mark my word: Oklahoma will not win the National Championship.

Mark my word:: Ohio State will not win the National Championship.

I wasn't through when I made this post so here is the rest.

Mark my word: Notre Dame will only win three games and Brian Kelly will be fired.

Mark my word: Bobby Petrino will be the next head coach at Notre Dame.

Mark my word: Vanderbilt will win a national championship before Georgia.

Mark my word: West Virginia will win the Big 12 this year.

Mark my word: Kim Kardashian will win an Academy Award before Bama wins another national Championship.

I would like to co-sign Kiffin being gone before the bowl and Bama dropping 3.

Also

Mark my word: The playoffs will precipitate a discussion about dropping conference CGs.

Also

Mark my word: This year, we will be the kind of team that runs for 410 yards one week, then follows that performance with a track meet aerial assault. Commentators heads will explode.

Mark my word: Roc Thomas will gain over 1000 all-purpose yards this season

Mark my word: AU defense will finish top 3 in the league in points allowed

Mark my word: Nick Marshall will go to New York for the Heisman presentation

MARK MY WORD: Our offensive line will be better than last year and the best in the SEC. Even without Kozan.

MARK MY WORD: Sammie Coates will have an All -American type season and go in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

MARK MY WORD: Aaron Murray's brother and that Bachelorette chick will call off the wedding.

MARK MY WORD: Auburn will average 42 points and 500 yards total offense per SEC game this season.

MARK MY WORD: Auburn WILL win the SEC and National Championship this season

MARK MY WORD: Alabama will lose four games this season against a weak schedule: MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, and Auburn who will run them out of their own house

Mark my word: Auburn will send TWO guys to the Heisman presentation - Nick Marshall, and Dhaquille Williams. (yes, I know. you wanted bold.)

Mark my word: FSU does not get into the playoff after losing 2- Clemson and Louisville. (FSU/Clemson is almost always a great game, and the Louisville game is away on a Thursday - gimme some Petrino in that one.)

Mark my word: East Carolina is this year's UCF. QB Shane Carden is this year's Blake Bortles, and is invited to the Heisman ceremony - comes in 3rd, behind Nick Marshall and Marcus Mariota. Drafted in the first round.

Mark my word: Washington wins the Pac 12 in Chris Peterson's first year.

Mark my word:

Lsu goes 8-5 and fires Miles.

Lsu will then hire Terry Bowden from Akron

Lsu will go 7-6 during Bowden's first season

Auburn will go on a winning streak against Lsu for 9 years.

Georgia will fire Mark Richt and hire Kirby Smart as HC

Alabama will go 8-5 this season, and will fire Kiffin after we beat them 49-13

Saban will hire Scott Leffler from VA Tech.

Auburn will go on a 9 year winning streak against bammer

Mississippi State will beat bammer this season 38-17

Mark my word:

Bama's quarterback situation will be a dumpster fire and Nick will quit mid-season because he is sick of the criticism and can't take any more threats to his family.

Mark my word:

Chizik will get a coaching job at UCF after this season.

Mark my word:

The final game will be between Auburn and a Pac10 team and we will knock the snot out of them!

Mark my word: Auburn will send TWO guys to the Heisman presentation - Nick Marshall, and Dhaquille Williams. (yes, I know. you wanted bold.)

Mark my word: FSU does not get into the playoff after losing 2- Clemson and Louisville. (FSU/Clemson is almost always a great game, and the Louisville game is away on a Thursday - gimme some Petrino in that one.)

Mark my word: East Carolina is this year's UCF. QB Shane Carden is this year's Blake Bortles, and is invited to the Heisman ceremony - comes in 3rd, behind Nick Marshall and Marcus Mariota. Drafted in the first round.

Mark my word: Washington wins the Pac 12 in Chris Peterson's first year.

Thats what im talkin about!

Mark my word: Alabama will lose to West Virginia, Florida, LSU, and Auburn.

Mark my word: Mark Richt will retire after this season.

Mark my word: Auburn will have a top 3 offense and defense this season.

Mark my word: Melvin Ray shows out and has 500+ receiving yards on the year, despite the dynamic duo of Coates and Williams. Ray finishes as Auburn's third highest in receiving stats on the year.

Mark my word: Auburn will score often and fast, breaking the school record of cumulative points scored during the regular season. Because of the blitzkrieg offense, Auburn's time of possession per game will average out to 26 minutes.

Mark my word: The defense averages 2.25 interceptions per game, capitalizing on a second year for the defense to flourish under Johnson, a deeper secondary, and opposing teams breaking in new starters at QB.

Mark My Words - Coker will not be the starting QB by the time that we play Alabama.

Mark My Words - Alabama will be looking for new coordinators on both sides of the ball at the end of the year.

I would love to see my posts in the last thread...but

Mark My Word: Auburn's secondary won't be terrible this year

Mark My Word: Jeremy will have 1000 throwing and Marshall will have 3000 throwing.

Mark My Word: Florida will reach the title and give Auburn a massive scare

Appreciate the chance to post....

MMW: Louisville beats all, FSU , Clemson with Mike Dyer in the Heisman hunt with Marshall. Auburn beats Louisville in the first round of the playoffs.

MMW: Georgia wins the east. But falls to Auburn in the SEC championship game.

MMW: It's gonna be Oklahoma vs. Auburn for all the marbles, with the highest scoring game on record in a championship game.both teams scoring in the fifties, with Auburn winning the shootout.

Mark my words:

T.J. Yeldon is not the gumps leading carrier for the season.

Auburn has two receivers over 800 & two backs over 1,000

Commentators will rotate when auburn subs due to exhaustion!

Mark My Words:bammers will be trying to pull down shorty's statue before the end of the season after losing three games.We will score at will,breaking all previous scoring records along with a much improved defense on the way to back to back SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS and the National Championship.

Mark My Word: Florida wins the East.

I had this very same thought before I read it, but I'll go ahead and add it to my list anyways.

MMW: UF will win the SEC East

MMW: Bama will lose 2 and end up in a bowl playing Notre Dame

MMW: Nick Marshall will win the Heisman

MMW...

Cam Payne will rush for 1500+ yards this season.

Jeremy Johnson will play the first half of the Arkansas game and score 3 TD's with a score of 28-7 at the half.

Not many true freshmen will get a chance to contribute this season, but the one who will make the biggest impact will be Raashed Kennion.

Teddy Bridgewater will start Game 1 and will lead the Vikes to the playoffs!

Mark my word: Auburn goes 15-0, SEC and National Champions.

Mark my word: Tennessee wins the East.

Mark my word: AU will battle Ole Sis for the West.

Mark my word: bama loses three.

Mark my word: AU gets revenge on FSU in the National Championship game.

Mark my word: Nick Marshall is Auburn's fourth Heisman Award winner.

Archived