2014 Fall Practice - 16 August

Sid

Jay G. Tate @JayGTate

• Malzahn says Therezie is working through some "eligibility issues." Said it's TBA as far as how long he'll be out.
  • Daniel Carlson has won the punting job. He's also going to handle FGs and kickoffs.
  • Sean White will open the season as Auburn's third quarterback.
  • So what happens to Jonathan Wallace with Sean White as the No. 3 QB? Special teams. He'll be holding on FGs and PATs.

Jason Caldwell @ITATJason

• Malzahn says Quan Bray, Stephen Roberts and Marcus Davis working as the punt returner along with Therezie.
  • Malzahn says Sean White earned the No. 3 QB position for the Tigers. Got much of the work on Saturday

Brandon Marcello @bmarcello

• Auburn focused on special teams during practice today. The Tigers also did some 2-minute drills, pace and non-starters scrimmaged.
  • Status of Robenson Therezie: "We're working through some eligibility issues." Malzahn says he will not comment further.

Auburn Gold Mine @AUGoldMine

• Gus Malzahn said Auburn is "working through some eligibility issues" with Robenson Therezie. "We should know in the near future."
  • Gus Malzahn said Daniel Carlson is the first-team punter, kickoff man and field goal kicker at Auburn
  • Sean White will be Auburn's third-team quarterback, said Gus Malzahn
  • Gus Malzahn said freshman Sean White has earned spot as third-team quarterback. "Very accurate. He runs better than everybody thinks"
  • Nick Marshall has had impressive fall camp, said Auburn's Gus Malzahn
  • Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Saturday's partial scrimmage: "We worked extremely hard on pace today."
  • Auburn's Gus Malzahn played a lot of backups today "to show what they can do, to see who got better, to see who is ready to play."
  • It's back to work in Jordan-Hare Stadium for Tony Stevens and Auburn this Saturday afternoon...

BvL1CL2IQAAcPtx.jpg

Alex Byington ‏@AUBlog

• Gus Malzahn says Auburn "worked extremely hard on pace today, since it was hot."

eligibility issues? maybe not as bad as rumored?

In another thread, it was said that he was appealing drug test results. I assume this is what Gus is referencing.

hopefully it is something less severe than half the season that we have sorta heard. I like him. i do hate the idea of the rumor but RT was a stud and seemed like a good character guy. if the AD and HC can forgive i guess i will.

dang we getting close to time to go.

Archived