Wreck on I-85 Saturday Night

Sports Sheila

Just wondering if anyone had an update on the wreck that was on I85 Saturday night that involved what looked like an AU equipment truck after the game? We really couldn't see what happened and it wasn't a "Major" wreck but there was a guy in the front seat that looked like he had a neck brace on him and the ambulance was there.

Sorry I don't have any more details and I haven't read anything about it. It was scary when we saw all the players buses sitting on the side of the road and an ambulance come flying by us. Just wondering if the guy is ok?????

Sheila

I didn't know about the football team getting hit. Didn't hear that. But I did know their was 6 buses on the side of the road where one of the Auburn Band buses had gotten hit. I am not sure exactly what happened, but I think a van broke the caravan or something like that. I was in the other buses that weren't touched at all, and only heard talk of what had happened, so I may not be very credible on this. But I am sure that everyone was okay in that one.. Don't know about the Football team though.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you though. I just don't want to say too much, if I don't know exactly what happened.

The 6 buses were driving with eachother when a car squeezed between buses 4 & 5. Bus 5 stopped in time to not hit the car, but bus 6 was not as lucky, in hitting bus #5. The equipment was bus 6. They got a new bus and got back to Auburn safely.

yeah i live with a bunch of band guys...they had to sit there for 2 hours on the side of the road until a new bus got there and they could switch and didn't get back till 2:30...some equipment damage, but no physical injuries.

Yeah it really did suck being stuck on the side of the road but i was only two seats in front of tuba hoss there and i didn't really care because I was asleep!! Tired as hell.

Archived