Game Clock/stadium

WinForAuburn

Is there some statistical info to back up how AU's clock malfunctions more than other places? I mean, maybe some of those who feel like it happens at AU so often feel that way because they watch AU's games more often than others? Just guessing, I really have no idea.

Regardless, the notion of game clocks going out regularly at multimillion dollar stadiums 45 years after we landed a man on the moon is ludicrous. It's NOT high tech.

Lol, good point.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we have a gun that can shoot more t-shirts in the stands than anyone!

That thing has some serious power.

I would get really concerned if the shirts made to it to the upper decks.

Is there some statistical info to back up how AU's clock malfunctions more than other places? I mean, maybe some of those who feel like it happens at AU so often feel that way because they watch AU's games more often than others? Just guessing, I really have no idea.

Regardless, the notion of game clocks going out regularly at multimillion dollar stadiums 45 years after we landed a man on the moon is ludicrous. It's NOT high tech.

Exactly. Does it really take the CEO of Apple to get a clock to work?

A big cash donation, to buy a new clock system.............

However at this time Cook has much bigger concerns, the iCloud hacking.

Exactly. Does it really take the CEO of Apple to get a clock to work?

A big cash donation, to buy a new clock system.............

The athletic dept. doesn't have enough money to fix a clock? :dunno:

Got a new wellness center . I don't care if we keep score with a chaulk board. Haha. We need to spend some cash on scoreboard and sounds

I paid a extra 2-300 dollars a semester for the new Wellness Center and agree with that expense. The old one was terrible, and the new one is a facility that is used daily by the entire student body.

Alumni with $$ need to step up on this one. Tuition should not be touched for this in the student fee's, especially since it is already going up to pay for certain peoples bonus's.

If your complaining, break out the check book.

So are you saying that the improvements talked about in this thread have been announced, the green light has been given and a fund specifically earmarked for this ? Because if that is the case this is one alum that has his checkbook ready and I am sure there are a lot more of us.

I'm saying that I don't want to see the burden of a new scoreboard or anything to do with the stadium put on the students.

The alum that have the influence need to say we want X and we got X dollars for it. Someone writes Auburn a check that says X millions for new scoreboard that is where it will go. That if people want that upgrade then make it heard and give proof that the checks will be written to support it.

I agree with you that the students shouldn't pay for any of this. Trust me, the alum have made their intentions known to this AD, on numerous occasions, both about what needs to be done as well as the funding for J-H improvements. As just one example, that is why we have the master plan in the first place.

Absent one person ready to give $50-100 million who will then publicly make JJ's life miserable about this, or having a visionary AD already in place, then this AD has to make a decision. The fact that he has to be pushed, which will continue, tells you where the logjam is currently.

While J-H deteriorates in front of our eyes all we get are promises and more talk from JJ. He also made promises to Gus that certain improvements WOULD be made to the athletics complex when Gus signed his new contract. You don't give your word then make empty promises like that and expect to keep one of the best head coaches Auburn has ever had. It doesn't work that way. Where will we be then ?

The best head coach Auburn has ever had, in any sport, was former swimming head coach David Marsh. It's hard to argue with 10 national championships, all won in head-to-head competition. Marsh left Auburn because JJ promised facility improvements for the swimming program and then backed out. Will Muschamp left Auburn as DC because JJ refused to honor an arrangement for Muschamp to get ten tickets to one football game. We can only hope JJ has learned from the loss of Marsh and Muschamp and won't repeat his serious mistakes with Gus.

Coaches are by nature strong people. They don't like it when promises are made and then broken and great coaches always have plenty of options. We better keep Gus happy.

Yep, even more examples of promises not being kept. It seems to be SOP with some of these paper pushers. We just better not let him do this with Gus.

This is my biggest fear cause we really really need to keep Gus happy. Its not all about $$$$salary wise with Gus but if he was promised somethings on physical improvements JJ better keep them

While J-H deteriorates in front of our eyes all we get are promises and more talk from JJ. He also made promises to Gus that certain improvements WOULD be made to the athletics complex when Gus signed his new contract. You don't give your word then make empty promises like that and expect to keep one of the best head coaches Auburn has ever had. It doesn't work that way. Where will we be then ?

The best head coach Auburn has ever had, in any sport, was former swimming head coach David Marsh. It's hard to argue with 10 national championships, all won in head-to-head competition. Marsh left Auburn because JJ promised facility improvements for the swimming program and then backed out. Will Muschamp left Auburn as DC because JJ refused to honor an arrangement for Muschamp to get ten tickets to one football game. We can only hope JJ has learned from the loss of Marsh and Muschamp and won't repeat his serious mistakes with Gus.

Coaches are by nature strong people. They don't like it when promises are made and then broken and great coaches always have plenty of options. We better keep Gus happy.

Yep, even more examples of promises not being kept. It seems to be SOP with some of these paper pushers. We just better not let him do this with Gus.

This is my biggest fear cause we really really need to keep Gus happy. Its not all about $$$$salary wise with Gus but if he was promised somethings on physical improvements JJ better keep them

JJ better get off his butt. If Gus ends up leaving because promised facility improvements are not being done then JJ will be following him out the door very swiftly.

The sound could probably be much better, but I have never had a problem hearing announcements sitting in the north end zone. Being directly opposite the speaker system on the south end may be the reason.

Then perhaps we need more speakers?

My take on what we need at JHS: This could be done without breaking the bank

1. bring the seating capacity up to 90,500.

2. upgrade all of the bathrooms.

3. new scoreboard

4. new sound system

5. any other glaring needs to bring the stadium back to world class

3. new scoreboard

4. new sound system

why 90,500? How do you arrive at that number? I'm just curious.

90,500 would be a good start of closing in Jordan-Hare. I however would hope we'd add 10,000 which would bring capacity to over 97,000. Some brick work needs to be done around Jordan-Hare.

At some point you just start over like Texas A&M and Stanford did. Tear down and build back.

It's fine to wish and dream but the only responsible way to consider such a thing is through a financial analysis such as taught in "Engineering Economy" which is what it was called when I took it in the early 70's. And make the analysis public. Don't forget things such as ticket prices are part of the variable mix.

I feel the same away about any significant capacity expansions. Bigger is not necessarily better.

On the other hand, upgrades and repairs to things like clocks and toilets should already be planned. Don't need an analysis for that.

3. new scoreboard

4. new sound system

I feel the majority would love to see an expansion but after Saturday I have moved this down my wish list. #1 Upgrade the bathrooms!!! #2 Upgrade the sound system and the PA system (I do believe they are separate) #3 expansion (+more student seats) #4 with expansion naturally comes new scoreboard and jumbotrons

3. new scoreboard

4. new sound system

I feel the majority would love to see an expansion but after Saturday I have moved this down my wish list. #1 Upgrade the bathrooms!!! #2 Upgrade the sound system and the PA system (I do believe they are separate) #3 expansion (+more student seats) #4 with expansion naturally comes new scoreboard and jumbotrons

I'd put the expansion at the bottom. That one could break the bank. The rest of those things should be routine and the fact that they haven't been tended to is someone's glaring failure.

I figure the next expansion, whenever it comes, will be the additional suites. Those would easily sell out and wouldn't be a huge burden on the athletic budget. Upgrading the sound system and the rest would likely be done at this time as well I would guess. I would like to see an expansion but it isn't a pressing need. Get these other things done pronto and then do expansion whenever it becomes feasibile to do so. Starting over like TAMU did is not necessary. JH is an awesome stadium. Just need to keep up with the maintenance to ensure everything works as it should.

I used to be a season-ticket holder. (Can't afford it anymore.) Seats were in east upper deck. Restrooms and concessions desperately need to be upgraded in upper decks.

Of greater concern to me is that issue of the Arkansas coaches being trapped in an elevator during halftime and not being able to get to their team -- and the time when the coaches headphones were not working. These are issues that our opponents and the large numbers of SEC haters from other teams use to belittle Auburn, and that the media use as innuendo of "accidental cheating." Ifg it happened to our coaches at an away game in Tuscaloosa or Athens, all of us and all Auburn fans would go ballistic. And for good reason.

Auburn is one of the richest programs in trhe country. In the top 10 in terms of revenues, and donations. There is ZERO EXCUSE for any of this.

Got a new wellness center . I don't care if we keep score with a chaulk board. Haha. We need to spend some cash on scoreboard and sounds

I paid a extra 2-300 dollars a semester for the new Wellness Center and agree with that expense. The old one was terrible, and the new one is a facility that is used daily by the entire student body.

Alumni with $$ need to step up on this one. Tuition should not be touched for this in the student fee's, especially since it is already going up to pay for certain peoples bonus's.

If your complaining, break out the check book.

Just to be clear. NO tuition/student money is used in the athletic budget. Unlike some other schools, Auburn's athletic budget is self sufficient and does not rely on tuition or tax dollars to operate. Gus Malzahn's bonus checks are not paid by tuition increases. In fact, the athletic department gives money back to the general fund in form of tuition payment for the scholarship athletes.

Archived