Game Clock/stadium

WinForAuburn

I thought JJ was on the way out and then last football season and Bruce Pearl hire gave him new life.

I am not bashing JJ ( and have been plenty vocal in the past that he needed to go).

Who ever is AD ought to have the upgrades done and PDQ.

If he doesn't make the promised uprgrades and Gus ends up leaving as a result, JJ may as well go ahead and clean out his desk as well. He'll be sent on his merry way very quickly if that happens.

Wow... There's a whole lot of massive over reacting in each of these posts. It's amazing how some people take things to an extreme without knowing or understanding the procedure involved. This kind of thing is NOT up to the AD to "have the upgrades done and PDQ". That's not how it works and putting the directive at his feet is just being ignorant of the situation and procedure that has to be followed.

no but he is the AD and if he has made promises that won't be kept, then he will be the one to take the fall. Letting David Marsh get away is not good but he won't lose his job over it. If the football coach leaves then that will cost him. I know the BOT has to approve it but still JJ knows what has to be done and he has to, at the very least, present the case to them. He has to know what does and does not need to be done. The board isn't going to just up and do this on their own. It has to come from JJ. if he knows it needs to be done but doesn't try to get it done, then he does need to go.

Not that I am against what you say but do we know he hasn't presented the case to the BOT or is in the process of putting the case together?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought JJ was on the way out and then last football season and Bruce Pearl hire gave him new life.

I am not bashing JJ ( and have been plenty vocal in the past that he needed to go).

If he doesn't make the promised uprgrades and Gus ends up leaving as a result, JJ may as well go ahead and clean out his desk as well. He'll be sent on his merry way very quickly if that happens.

Wow... There's a whole lot of massive over reacting in each of these posts. It's amazing how some people take things to an extreme without knowing or understanding the procedure involved. This kind of thing is NOT up to the AD to "have the upgrades done and PDQ". That's not how it works and putting the directive at his feet is just being ignorant of the situation and procedure that has to be followed.

no but he is the AD and if he has made promises that won't be kept, then he will be the one to take the fall. Letting David Marsh get away is not good but he won't lose his job over it. If the football coach leaves then that will cost him. I know the BOT has to approve it but still JJ knows what has to be done and he has to, at the very least, present the case to them. He has to know what does and does not need to be done. The board isn't going to just up and do this on their own. It has to come from JJ. if he knows it needs to be done but doesn't try to get it done, then he does need to go.

Not that I am against what you say but do we know he hasn't presented the case to the BOT or is in the process of putting the case together?

I would hope he has already done so or is in the process of doing so but he does have a history of not being on top of things.

Well that's right and if that happens, Auburn will be the one to suffer, not JJ. You don't make promises as part of a package to induce Gus to extend his contract and not do it. That was done with Marsh and Tubs and it's a recipe for disaster.

The thing is, we know these improvements will eventually have to be done to JH anyway and promises have been made to Gus about the athletics facilities. So do them now when we have Gus here, instead of waiting until he leaves because we didn't do it.

All the pieces are in place and right now is the time for Auburn to solidify the level of performance it will have in the future. There needs to be a sense of urgency about it.

JJ made a big deal of improving the gameday experience for fans this last offseason. Most of the improvements in the list he published seemed a little lame to me. The only one I saw listed by fans here that he addressed was beefing up the wifi inside the stadium, and at least one person said they still had problems with that last weekend. I would hope they've already discussed and have a plan for other, more expensive upgrades, and if they do have a plan, it would be nice to share it with fans.

Archived