Kansas State Game (merged)

aucanucktiger

Obviously, I'd like us to win out.

But let's say we lose the Iron Bowl (I know, I know; but just for the sake of argument) and we are otherwise undefeated.

Then, let's say either UGA or USCe -- both of which we will have beaten) -- beat Bama in the SECCG.

So, we have one loss, but we have beaten the eventual SEC champ.

Now let's say that K-State wins the Big 12.

I think we've got a pretty good argument for the final four.

Well in your mind and mine yeah but for this year especially the committee is going to have to have no other recourse available to them if a 2nd SEC team gets in. They won't take a non champion over a conference champion.

Suppose UGA wins the SEC (we have only 1 loss to Bama), Oregon wins the Pac 12, Michigan State wins the B1G, K-State wins the Big 12, and Clemson wins the ACC with another loss (so they've lost to, say, Louisville, and UGA).

I think we get in with Oregon, UGA, and K-State.

If Auburn loses to bama we will Not be in the playoff. bama can lost to Auburn and get in with losing their last outing, but this committee will not put Auburn in under such circumstances. They're already looking for ways to keep Auburn out as they're now talking about putting in the 'best' and not the most 'deserving' teams. Meaning Auburn could be 11-1 and not get in.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes a week off is not a good thing for game speed execution. Of course, KSU had the same amount of time off so that may be a wash. The KSU run defense seems to be pretty good giving up 87 yards per game. Their defense is giving up an average of 219 passing yards per game. The offense runs about 60% of the time with Waters, the QB leading the team in rushing by a large margin. We typically struggle with a running QB. Hopefully, Coach Ellis can dial up a defense for Waters this week. He is an average passer completing 61% of his passes with 2 TDs and 1 INT. He spreads it around to several different receivers but it appears the deep threat is Lockett. I feel good that we will be able to move the ball against this defense. I hope our defense can slow down Waters enough to get out of Manhattan with a huge W in front of a national audience.

I don't think K State has a prayer of even slowing down Auburn's running game, much less stopping it.

Back in the summer the press was making a bigh deal out of this game, but as it gets closer I think they realize K St is going to be beaten badly, so they now say nothing and declare them to be another cupcake...similar to how they did with Ark.

I know KSU didn't have anything to do with this, but it doesn't make me like them any more....

BxAjTJICQAE_t2f-850x560.png

How do you know KSU had nothing to do with this? It seems a little too clever to be the work of a bammer.

We must:

Keep Waters in the pocket

Make someone else beat us other than Lockett.

Take the crowd out of it early

Avoid giving up huge, momentum changing plays and turning the ball over

I suspect if we do these things, the strength of our lines and athletes at the skill positions will over match KSU. I believe our guys will be motivated because nobody is really talking about us, and this is our first chance to shine on a national stage. I think we've looked pretty sluggish at times so far. I especially felt that against San Jose we looked like we were just going through the motions. If we come out sharp and focused, I think we could run away with it.

thinkin we win by 3 touchdowns,really need this game to come on,this has been a horrible weekend for me..i just want to watch some auburn football...nothing else compares

I believe our d-line and Garner rotating, as well as big linebacker play, will make the difference in the fourth qtr.. I think it's hard fought til the last qtr.; and we blow the doors off with Cam-Pain running downhill, and Grant running outside, and K-State gasping for air!!!

I believe our d-line and Garner rotating, as well as big linebacker play, will make the difference in the fourth qtr.. I think it's hard fought til the last qtr.; and we blow the doors off with Cam-Pain running downhill, and Grant running outside, and K-State gasping for air!!!

I agree except that you left NM out of the running at the end. He breaks at least one long run in the 4th to break their backs.

We must:

Keep Waters in the pocket

Make someone else beat us other than Lockett.

Take the crowd out of it early

Avoid giving up huge, momentum changing plays and turning the ball over

I suspect if we do these things, the strength of our lines and athletes at the skill positions will over match KSU. I believe our guys will be motivated because nobody is really talking about us, and this is our first chance to shine on a national stage. I think we've looked pretty sluggish at times so far. I especially felt that against San Jose we looked like we were just going through the motions. If we come out sharp and focused, I think we could run away with it.

We must stop the designed QB runs. That IS their running game at this point. Make them one dimensional.

After watching the porkers run all over a decent Texas Tech squad, I can safely say that we should win this game, and do so impressively. We will be focused and ready to take care of business no doubt. If we can shut down a team with the biggest offensive line we will see all season, we should be able to come out of Kansas with a nice win.

I fully believe we have the best talent on the field on both sides of the ball. KSU does have a good coaching staff, but we have the better no doubt. We will take care of business and will come home with a nice win.

After watching the porkers run all over a decent Texas Tech squad, I can safely say that we should win this game, and do so impressively. We will be focused and ready to take care of business no doubt. If we can shut down a team with the biggest offensive line we will see all season, we should be able to come out of Kansas with a nice win.

I fully believe we have the best talent on the field on both sides of the ball. KSU does have a good coaching staff, but we have the better no doubt. We will take care of business and will come home with a nice win.

I thought Arkansas had the biggest O line we will see this season. Is K State's O line even bigger?

I thought Arkansas had the biggest O line we will see this season. Is K State's O line even bigger?

LT- 6'4, 310 lbs.

LG- 6'4, 310 lbs.

C- 6'4, 300 lbs.

RG- 6'3, 290 lbs.

RT- 6'5, 305 lbs.

That's according to their depth chart. So no, not the largest we'll see this season by a decent margin.

Ex-Auburn HC Gene Chizik on SEC Now: "I don't think Kansas State can beat Auburn, but they can make this thing close & take it to the wire.

@AUBlog

Poor Chiz. Ya did it to yourself big guy!

BTW Chiz, how's UGA looking?

*sigh* i might need to stop watching the fineboob show,his flunkie spoke so much ignorance today about auburn! said "if auburn sleepwalks like their fans have this week they will lose, Sammie being injured would be significant loss" blah blah blah now i want us to brutally beat k-state,wish i could see the look on his face :angry:

*sigh* i might need to stop watching the fineboob show,his flunkie spoke so much ignorance today about auburn! said "if auburn sleepwalks like their fans have this week they will lose, Sammie being injured would be significant loss" blah blah blah now i want us to brutally beat k-state,wish i could see the look on his face :angry:

Tried watching. Had to stop because it reminded me of this:

1361544594-0.jpg

Tried watching. Had to stop because it reminded me of this:

1361544594-0.jpg

not familiar with this

Archived