Calling Payton Barber

3Jtiger22

A lot of ridiculous statements on this. Peyton Needs more touches earlier in the game and next year we have a kid coming in from Florida who will play that fullback role.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching today's game I do like Cameron artis-Payne , but Peyton barbar just looks more explosive. I really hope Gus lets him get more carries . I do not think he should moved to a h-back position, he is to good and should be getting the majority of the carries in my opinion.

After watching today's game I do like Cameron artis-Payne , but Peyton barbar just looks more explosive. I really hope Gus lets him get more carries . I do not think he should moved to a h-back position, he is to good and should be getting the majority of the carries in my opinion.

I agree. I think I figured out what it is though- CAP is very shifty. He has the Juke move to Roc's Spin move, but he uses it before he even hits the hole, which means he doesn't hit the hole as hard as Peyton does. Now, in space CAP is fantastic, as he finally has enough space to use his juking ability, but inside he doesn't seem to have enough room to do so.

Through 4 games this season, Cameron Artis-Payne has 468 yards and 5 touchdowns rushing. Even when he was held in check all night by K-State, he still managed to come up big on third and short the couple of times he got the chance, and I don't remember him having too many runs for negative yardage, probably because he always seems to fall forward.

Now, don't get me wrong, because I'm excited to see Peyton carrying the ball, and I would like to see him in the game more during meaningful drives. However, CAP is one of those backs that gets stronger as the game goes along, kinda like Rudi Johnson, and he wears down defenders. Always falling forward typically means the defensive player either got run over or taken for a ride, both of which weigh on you as the game gets longer. Ergo, I think there's probably a reason CAP remains the starter...

I think we need to get our 4 backs all involved in the heart of the game. Not just the 2 during crunch time and let the other 2 play in the last 6 minutes. BAMA, UGA, Arky and LSU get more backs involved during the key parts of the game right now. I think we all believe that our top 4 backs right now have the ability to play against anyone.

Seems like the same turf monster that would trip up Onterio McCaleb, has taken a liking to Payton B. He tripped himself twice!!! He had a good chance to score on his last carry and I think he knows that too. Sure hope that its just an anomaly. We have an embarrassment of riches in that backfield. And it is only going to get better.

Archived