10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Auburn

CajunLSUBayou

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility. To me, this says a lot about where you actually think your team is IF you're putting an unproven true freshman as the #1 reason you will win.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn Well documented point, but Chavis also doesn't have the experienced horses that he has in the past.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago. If you lose, will you also blame the loss on Miles like 90% of LSU fans? It's history, thanks for the reminder.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday. Kwon is good, wish he was on our team.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys. Will Chavis matchup good vs. good? Duke Williams plays mostly in the Slot, where LSU is missing the starter at Nickel. The most important point is whether Auburn is throwing when we want to or if LSU is forcing us to throw.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways. Meh, LSU always has good RBs.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions. You watched one game...I wish Chavis had that mentality this week in preparation.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability. Their talented no doubt. LSU also always has impressive talent at WR. We'll need to respect them, but damn sure glad Landry & Beckham aren't back.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge. What if we run up the middle? LSU has been struggling at DT and MLB...

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs. Wash, both teams have awesome special teams units.

Thanks for posting by the way. ;)

that landry & beckham comment was spot on

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys got a bunch of junk points and scores when LSU was up big last season.

Again, you're #1 reason was Harris, who by your own definition scored a bunch of junk points against MSU and plowed a futile opponent.
Do some research on your opponent.

Wow, this coming from the guy who admitted he's only watched ONE Auburn game this season.

Take another shot of bourbon CajunLesBayou and try again...

The reasons weren't in order.

I have watched parts of every Auburn game this season. I watched most of the Auburn - Arky game and a good bit of Auburn - La Tech. I watched every snap of K State versus Auburn where you guys got lucky.

Again, you're #1 reason was Harris, who by your own definition scored a bunch of junk points against MSU and plowed a futile opponent.

Wow, this coming from the guy who admitted he's only watched ONE Auburn game this season.

I have watched parts of every Auburn game this season. I watched most of the Auburn - Arky game and a good bit of Auburn - La Tech. I watched every snap of K State versus Auburn where you guys got lucky.

where you guys got lucky.
here we go.....

What happens if LSU isn't able to run the ball on Auburn too effectively?

Well I expect us to run out of 3-4 wr sets instead of the 1-2 wide receiver sets that you are accustomed to with LSU. This should open up more running lanes.

If we can't consistently run, I expect a lot of play action on first down and some deep balls to Dural and Dupree to loosen up the defense.

I expected that response outta you. CLB, I bet you put a lot of stock into what the announcers say too, dontcha!? :rolleyes:

Did you watch the LSU-Wisconsin game?? Just curious...

I expected that response outta you. CLB, I bet you put a lot of stock into what the announcers say too, dontcha!? :rolleyes:

Did you watch the LSU-Wisconsin game?? Just curious...

I honestly don't care what the announcers say.

I attended the LSU-Wisconsin game. It was a great comeback.

Nearly all of your points were related to LSU's talent, but you fail to realize that all of it is young and playing on the road in the SEC.

One more matchup problem for LSU is that CEJ has blitzed a ton this year and that will be hard for a freshman QB to deal with, no matter where the game is played.

I attended the LSU-Wisconsin game. It was a great comeback.

LMAO, I did find your sunglasses CLB:

HJL9-PURPLE.jpg

Maybe when you take them off, you'll be able to see Leslie pumping that sunshine up your tail.

Are we only allowed one rival fan per game week? Is that how this works?

Is there a selection process?

Ha...

Rival Survivor?

Points 2 and 3 have some validity that frankly shouldn't be dismissed by those of us wearing the O&B. Things change though, we roll this week. Roll big!!

I'm really glad that some mop up duty against backups means a QB has the "it factor". Gus is very familiar with Harris and i think we know how to scheme for him well. As long as we can contain the run threat we'll be ok. Our Defense has gotten a ton better against the run and i think we're more physical than last year on d. As long as our o-line can mesh and we get a H back that can block we will move the ball effectively.

Miss State and KState are comparable teams. LSU got stomped (Mullin-ized final score notwithstanding) by MSU at home. AU squeeked (IMO) by KState on the road. Zero data to predict how Harris will do against non-joke teams, it's all speculation. Marshall has shall we say plenty of favorable performances. Injuries are a bit of a factor if any of those injured AU guys don't play or play ineffectively. But without the tidy top 10 mumbo jumbo, LSU's D looks a bit better overall than Auburn's and Auburn's offense looks much more consistent than LSU's. We turned the corner on our odd Arkansas jinx, putting a stop to Miles bumbling his way to a 7-2 record vs AU is next up.

Miss State and KState are comparable teams. LSU got stomped (Mullin-ized final score notwithstanding) by MSU at home. AU squeeked (IMO) by KState on the road. Zero data to predict how Harris will do against non-joke teams, it's all speculation. Marshall has shall we say plenty of favorable performances. Injuries are a bit of a factor if any of those injured AU guys don't play or play ineffectively. But without the tidy top 10 mumbo jumbo, LSU's D looks a bit better overall than Auburn's and Auburn's offense looks much more consistent than LSU's. We turned the corner on our odd Arkansas jinx, putting a stop to Miles bumbling his way to a 7-2 record vs AU is next up.

Bumbling his way huh?

Mississippi St >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kansas St

I'm really glad that some mop up duty against backups means a QB has the "it factor". Gus is very familiar with Harris and i think we know how to scheme for him well. As long as we can contain the run threat we'll be ok. Our Defense has gotten a ton better against the run and i think we're more physical than last year on d. As long as our o-line can mesh and we get a H back that can block we will move the ball effectively.

Mississippi St didn't have their backups in. The score was close and you think they had backups in?

You guys haven't seen Harris yet. Just wait

Mississippi St didn't have their backups in. The score was close and you think they had backups in?

They did have their backup C in and that lead directly to 7 points for LSU.

Well, a center plays offense. Brandon Harris plays offense against the other team's defense, so Harris didn't face him.

I watched that game - it looked to me like MSU handled LSU in the trenches, MSU looked more physical and agressive than LSU. I will say this, Les may be loosening up some from his stubborn ways since he's letting a truefrosh QB play on the road in a hostile environment. He has never been willing to relinquish enough control of the offense to allow this in the past. We'll see how that pans out on the Plains on Saturday night because JHS will be ROCKIN!

Well, a center plays offense. Brandon Harris plays offense against the other team's defense, so Harris didn't face him.

Dude seriously whatever makes you feel better. If LSU pulls the upset then good for them they earned it. But they will HAVE TO EARN IT. AU >>>>>>>>> LSU,MSU,KSU etc etc. First SEC start and on the road. No NMSt defense or Garbage time when he didnt have anything to lose. He may come out and sling it like farvre but i doubt it. 6 td to 1 int is impressive but the fact is he hasnt had to do much.

Archived