10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Auburn

CajunLSUBayou

Hey, Cajun -- thanks for not letting me start this thread for you. Very noble.

:cheers:

I basically agree with OnthePlains. If we play up to our potential, we win this one; not even sure it will be close. Although you have a very talented team, with all the losses to the NFL, I think LSU is currently in rebuilding mode. Nothing wrong with that. I suspect Harris will be an extremely effective QB one day. I just don't see him coming into Jordan-Hare and pulling off the win this Saturday, however.

There's one reason I think Auburn wins -- we're a better team right now.

We owe y'all a whoopin' anyway.

:flame::corndog::lsu::corndog::shoot:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trovon Reed is from LA playing against his home state. Thus he will bat down and intercept every single pass thrown by LSU Saturday.

I just wanted to do the whole where player was from would win the game angle.

Oh, and he will probablay McElroy Harris.

Hey, Cajun -- thanks for not letting me start this thread for you. Very noble.

:cheers:

I basically agree with OnthePlains. If we play up to our potential, we win this one; not even sure it will be close. Although you have a very talented team, with all the losses to the NFL, I think LSU is currently in rebuilding mode. Nothing wrong with that. I suspect Harris will be an extremely effective QB one day. I just don't see him coming into Jordan-Hare and pulling off the win this Saturday, however.

There's one reason I think Auburn wins -- we're a better team right now.

We owe y'all a whoopin' anyway.

:flame::corndog::lsu::corndog::shoot:

shole nuff'!

Trovon Reed is from LA playing against his home state. Thus he will bat down and intercept every single pass thrown by LSU Saturday.

I just wanted to do the whole where player was from would win the game angle.

Oh, and he will probablay McElroy Harris.

don't forget about duke he's from LA too, should put up 200 on em

didn't lsu struggle with MSU's zone read? Shouldn't be any better against Auburn. Also, special teams for 10. really bro, we have two weeks in a row with touchdowns on special teams and haven't given any up. It's like you put those two in just to get to ten points lol

I give you kudos for piling up junk yardage and losing to MSU. Congrats.

We had a hail mary pass at the end of the game that went into the endzone and if caught would have won it for us. That's not junk yardage. That is a comeback with a chance at victory.

Dude, glad you're having a good time trolling the message boards this week. You'll probably be too drunk to stumble onto your dilapidated house boat to watch the "Tigahs" get what you deserve this Saturday, but maybe you'll catch the highlights because apparently that's all you've seen of your team this season.

I have been to every LSU game this season and haven't left early once. House boat huh? I live in Baton Rouge, not near a swamp or body of water which contains house boats.

Ooooh, you're the upper class of LSU fans...this is you, right!?

LSU-BRO-T-REX.gif

On the list of things I'm worried about LSU's run game and their "shut down CBs" are pretty close to the bottom of the list. Given the choice between Arkansas' guys and LSU's, I'll take the Hogs. They ran for 153 yards on us. 2 yards in the second half. I feel about the same as I felt at the end of 2010. If you're going to score on us, it won't be the run game. As for the CBs, Duke's better, and frankly, it's not the route tree that beats you. It's everything to goes on during the route. Nick extends plays, and as they say, no CB can cover forever. On top of that, we force CBs and Safeties to provide run support. They get lost in the option and play action game. It happens basically every week.

As for the Chief has Gus' number thing, it's great to point to 24 points in 2010. I point to 440 yards rushing. He didn't have anything "figured out" in 2010. We controlled the clock the entire game. We ran it how we wanted, when we wanted. As for last year, we scored 21 points, but we were sitting on the 3 yard line about to put 28 points on the board in the second half. If anything, I came away thinking we were 10 minutes away from winning that game.

In the first half, we had 119 yards and 3 turnovers (plus a turnover on downs). In the second half, we had 328 yards, 21 points, and turned in over on downs in the last minute after driving to the 4 yard line (and getting a silly penalty). Again, if anything, I'd say our offense found its groove against Chief's defense. The notion that he "figured out" Gus' offense is crazy. LSU had much, much better players in 2009 and 2011. In 2010, our offense dominated the game. Last year, we turned it over four times, had two turnovers on downs, and still posted 450 yards and 21 points. We won't turn it over 6 times this year.

About the 2010 game: The only thing that kept LSU in that game was their punter. He was superb and did a marvelous job. He's gone. He kept Auburn looking at a 90+ yard field all game long. That won't be happening this Sat.

Miss St manhandled LSU the whole game until LSU did mount a futile comeback attempt late. This is just not LSU's year to shine. They'll be better in coming years.

I give you kudos for piling up junk yardage and losing to MSU. Congrats.

We had a hail mary pass at the end of the game that went into the endzone and if caught would have won it for us. That's not junk yardage. That is a comeback with a chance at victory.

"chance at victory"??? Why if LSU wins with a hail mary it is a "comeback victory" but if Auburn did the same thing it would be Luck?

You said yourself that Auburn was "lucky" to beat Kansas St. Your logic baffles me.

LSU loses to MSU but they are good because they managed a "comeback".

Auburn causes KST to try 3 field goals and win because they are "lucky".

"Then again you guys had 2 of the luckiest/flukiest wins I have ever seen last season, so your logic would be faulty."

We had 2 lucky wins while LSU had 2 close losses against UGA and Ole Miss. I see your logic here...

In a few short days, we shall see..

Several things I am looking forward to:

1. Monsteravious, no, Mountavious, no, Montavious Adams putting a lick or three or four on their freshman QB (early and often!)

2. Our Quan scorching their Kwon

3. Revenge

4. Les Miles announcing that he's taking the Michigan job after Brady Hoke gets fired this weekend.

It will be a good game for sure. WDE!!!

I can't imagine how bad it must feel to be so down on your team that you have to spend all your time on a rivals board trying to convince them that your team really does matter.I just want you to know Cajun I really feel sorry for you. Not only will LSU lose this week but they will lose several this year. Les will leave for Michigan and your team will be a non factor for a while. But you will still have some faded memories. WDE

On the list of things I'm worried about LSU's run game and their "shut down CBs" are pretty close to the bottom of the list. Given the choice between Arkansas' guys and LSU's, I'll take the Hogs. They ran for 153 yards on us. 2 yards in the second half. I feel about the same as I felt at the end of 2010. If you're going to score on us, it won't be the run game. As for the CBs, Duke's better, and frankly, it's not the route tree that beats you. It's everything to goes on during the route. Nick extends plays, and as they say, no CB can cover forever. On top of that, we force CBs and Safeties to provide run support. They get lost in the option and play action game. It happens basically every week.

As for the Chief has Gus' number thing, it's great to point to 24 points in 2010. I point to 440 yards rushing. He didn't have anything "figured out" in 2010. We controlled the clock the entire game. We ran it how we wanted, when we wanted. As for last year, we scored 21 points, but we were sitting on the 3 yard line about to put 28 points on the board in the second half. If anything, I came away thinking we were 10 minutes away from winning that game.

In the first half, we had 119 yards and 3 turnovers (plus a turnover on downs). In the second half, we had 328 yards, 21 points, and turned in over on downs in the last minute after driving to the 4 yard line (and getting a silly penalty). Again, if anything, I'd say our offense found its groove against Chief's defense. The notion that he "figured out" Gus' offense is crazy. LSU had much, much better players in 2009 and 2011. In 2010, our offense dominated the game. Last year, we turned it over four times, had two turnovers on downs, and still posted 450 yards and 21 points. We won't turn it over 6 times this year.

I thought points mattered more than yards. Crazy me

Not so much crazy...Just CORNDOGish.

This has to be one of the funniest posts in a long while. I think our Lsu friend has drank one too many glasses of water straight out of the Mississippi River. I see a long overdue good old fashion butt whipping of Lsu. I think this game will be similar to the Arkansas game except we will win by at least 4-5 TDs and a FG thrown in here and there.

Our defense is better than LSUs by a long shot

Our offense will be explosive and will score at will most of the game.

AU 45 Lsu 17 or less. Those 10 reasons just do not hold water my Cajun friend

one other wise prediction is that LSU will go 7-5 this season.

I always laugh at the "Miles is 7-2 vs Auburn so he MUST have their number" argument, because it conveniently ignores that two of the wins were just ridiculous.

In 2005, we missed 5 field goals and lost in overtime in a game that Auburn statistically dominated.

In 2007, it took a last gasp pass with :01 to win.

Now believe me, Auburn people understand the value of :01, but let's not pretend that Miles has dominated Auburn on the field every time out in those wins. He could just as easily be 5-4, or worse. Let's not forget he needed last gasp drives to beat AU's two worst teams since 2000 (looking at you 2008 & 2012).

This has to be one of the funniest posts in a long while. I think our Lsu friend has drank one too many glasses of water straight out of the Mississippi River. I see a long overdue good old fashion butt whipping of Lsu. I think this game will be similar to the Arkansas game except we will win by at least 4-5 TDs and a FG thrown in here and there.

Our defense is better than LSUs by a long shot

Our offense will be explosive and will score at will most of the game.

AU 45 Lsu 17 or less. Those 10 reasons just do not hold water my Cajun friend

one other wise prediction is that LSU will go 7-5 this season.

oh how i would love for this to happen to shut all the pundits up but it'll be closer than that, more like 35-17

Remember, guys- the other 37 points against UGA were all blind luck, just like the 28 points in the first 59:59 of the UAT game. Just like calling timeout when the other team lines up for a last second 57 yard field goal when it becomes apparent that they are actually going to attempt the kick so you can put your fastest player in to return it. In the eyes of those fans of programs who play American football, we simply cannot beat them unless the stars align.

ValleyTiger: Great point on the first page of this thread about Duke lining up in the slot and LSU missing their nickelback now. Great point--that could be a big game changer.

10 things list isn't showing many reasons, just things the OP likes about LSU.

An AU fan could just as easily come up w/ flattering things to say about Auburn players or coaches and declare those are the 10 reasons why AU beats LSU.

Miles's record vs Auburn may be the lone exception.

I'd be surprised if Gus offers up an attack that is so easy , a poster on a message board could figure it out and sticks w/ the passing tree that Cajun has so deftly pointed out.

Games are played on the field, not on the message boards.

WDE

Remember, guys- the other 37 points against UGA were all blind luck, just like the 28 points in the first 59:59 of the UAT game. Just like calling timeout when the other team lines up for a last second 57 yard field goal when it becomes apparent that they are actually going to attempt the kick so you can put your fastest player in to return it. In the eyes of those fans of programs who play American football, we simply cannot beat them unless the stars align.

What? You mean that the field goal attempt returned for a touchdown was.... *GASP*..... strategy???

What? You mean that the field goal attempt returned for a touchdown was.... *GASP*..... strategy???

Let's not get crazy, we all know the Kick 6 was luck just like how lucky it was to rush for 296 yards against the The Turds when their average rushing yardage surrendered coming into the game was 92 yds. Sure hope Auburn has more of that type "luck" Saturday. WDE.

Archived