LSU versus Auburn Talent Comparison

CajunLSUBayou

This is a comparison of talent. This obviously doesn't show matchups, but just shows talent at each position. We all know these guys won't play against each other.

QB -Brandon Harris is getting his first start on the road, and by all accounts this kid is special. He has a cannon and great escapability in the pocket. He is a surprisingly natural runner with great instincts. Nick Marshall led Auburn to a national championship game loss. He is a much better runner than passer. He has improved his passing, but it is still a little less than desired. Advantage Auburn

RB - Auburn mainly utilizes Artis Payne and Corey Grant. Grant is a one trick pony speedster. Artis Payne is a poor man's Trey Mason. LSU will use 4 guys. Fournette is emerging as the best of the bunch and coming into his own. Hillaird is a senior who bounces off defenders. Williams is a wrecking ball and Magee is a third down back. Slight Advantage LSU

WR -Coates and Williams are a very nice 1-2 punch. Dural has been a breakout star for LSU with a ridiculous average per catch. Dupre looks as good as advertised, and Quinn is a great route runner. Diarse is an excellent run after catch receiver. Push

O-Line -Both of these units have underachieved this season. Both are supposed to be strengths, but haven't been to this point. Whichever of these two gets it together for this game will probably win. Push

D-Line - Montravious Adams is a monster for Auburn. Injuries have hurt them here though. LSU is young at defensive tackle and needs somebody besides Lacountoure to step up. Hunter is a specimen at DE and could be a major factor in this game. Advantage Auburn

LB - Auburn is stout at LB. They have given the opposing teams problems when trying to run the ball which K State and Arkansas both wanted to do. I expect more of Beckwith than Welter at MLB. LSU will most likely only have 2 LB's on the field most of the game which will include a good bit of Kwon Alexander and some Deion Jones. Push

Secondary -Trovon Reed has been converted to defense and has performed well in the Auburn secondary. LSU features 2 future top 3 rounders in White and Robinson at CB. Jamal Adams will take over the nickel spot. Jalen Mills is a projected first rounder at safety. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Both teams are very good at kickoffs, punts and field goals. Both feature explosive guys in the return game that could break it at any time. Push

Coaching - Les has 1 bcs championship in 2 appearances. Gus is 0 for 1 (in his 1 year at Auburn.) Chavis has held Gus's point total far less than his average. Cameron has shown what he can do with the LSU offense last season and this one. Ellis Johnson is no joke as Auburn's d coordinator. Slight Advantage LSU

Intangibles - Game is in Jordan Hare. LSU has a qb making his first start. Advantage Auburn

Score Prediction - LSU 27 Auburn 24

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More corndog homerism...why don't you just quit?

As long as children keep getting attention, they'll keep acting out.

As long as trolls keep getting fed, they'll keep trolling.

Gotta give it to this douchebag, he's snatching up real estate on this board like Donald freaking Trump.

Gotta give it to this douchebag, he's snatching up real estate on this board like Donald freaking Trump.

I'll admit, I've gotta get my smack talk fix from at least one corndog this week because the rest of the corndogs in this horrible state are SILENT this week.

I'll admit, I've gotta get my smack talk fix from at least one corndog this week because the rest of the corndogs in this horrible state are SILENT this week.

Why do you live in Louisiana?

On this particular thread I don't see how he is trolling. He said yesterday that he would be writing this up along with his score prediction. He wrote his opinion for the game, in which he makes some very valid points, and he gave his prediction for the game (which I think/hope is wrong).

WDE!!

Why do you live in Louisiana?

Because it's too far to drive from a neighboring state to work every day...

On this particular thread I don't see how he is trolling. He said yesterday that he would be writing this up along with his score prediction. He wrote his opinion for the game, in which he makes some very valid points, and he gave his prediction for the game (which I think/hope is wrong).

WDE!!

If you saw some of his posts from yesterday, especially once he (?) did the 180, he's incredibly disrespectful. Even had some posts deleted by the admin. I originally enjoyed his presence as it's cool to read chats with other fanbases but alas.... he just became yet another troll.

Okay, so he wants to post about talent match-ups. Give him credit that he realized the talent pools he compares don't play against one another but he does hit one very key point. OL - neither has lived up to expectations and who ever wins the battle of the OL against the DL will probably win the game. Of course he admits our DL is better than theirs, so using his "logic" equal OL lines face unequal DL lines (ours stronger) but he thinks they win. If our DL controls their OL and then that push pressure on the starting freshman on the road . . .

Also, I know there is much speculation about starting a freshman on the road, but every quarterback had to have a first road game, so I don't necessarily count that as a bad thing for the young man - just hope he performs more like a freshman than the hype.

WDE!!

If you saw some of his posts from yesterday, especially once he (?) did the 180, he's incredibly disrespectful. Even had some posts deleted by the admin. I originally enjoyed his presence as it's cool to read chats with other fanbases but alas.... he just became yet another troll.

No, I completely agree, I read most his posts before he hit 50 and after. There was a drastic change in which he was very disrespectful. This thread however he is making predictions which I didn't take as him trolling. He announced yesterday he'd be doing this thread so if the mods didn't want to read his opinion then they should have banned him yesterday.

WDE!!

No, I completely agree, I read most his posts before he hit 50 and after. There was a drastic change in which he was very disrespectful. This thread however he is making predictions which I didn't take as him trolling. He announced yesterday he'd be doing this thread so if the mods didn't want to read his opinion then they should have banned him yesterday.

No, I agree with you as for the OP. If it weren't for some of the other garbage he was spewing yesterday I wouldn't even give it another thought. However, some of the stuff he's come at "us" with makes BamaGrad seem like a good fellow.

WDE!!

I did not get to see his erased comments but the ones I have read are expected from another fan base. (except the paying Cam comment which was pathetic)

This thread and his assessment is not breaking any board rules.

If you disagree with his look at the talent breakdown then dispute it. I thought it was pretty spot on except that I think LSU will have the advantage at linebacker IF we are not healthy before kickoff.

WDE!!

I did not get to see his erased comments but the ones I have read are expected from another fan base. (except the paying Cam comment which was pathetic)

If you disagree with his look at the talent breakdown then dispute it. I thought it was pretty spot on except that I think LSU will have the advantage at linebacker IF we are not healthy before kickoff.

I don't know what the rules are for "repeating" what was said, but he started to get personal about CGM's wife.

I couldn't care less about the rest and smacktalk is fine... but there's that line that one can cross that no matter what they say, you know their character and frankly, his sucks.

WDE!!

I don't know what the rules are for "repeating" what was said, but he started to get personal about CGM's wife.

I couldn't care less about the rest and smacktalk is fine... but there's that line that one can cross that no matter what they say, you know their character and frankly, his sucks.

Did not see that one. It must have been deleted by the mods before I got to it. A few more like that and he will be banned.

WDE!!

Did not see that one. It must have been deleted by the mods before I got to it. A few more like that and he will be banned.

I just saw where TT banned him for 24 hours.

WDE!!

I just saw where TT banned him for 24 hours.

I was going to start taking bets on TT or Stoic getting him first

He made a comment about Mrs. Malzahn and was issued a verbal warning and told if he took another shot at Auburn or its people, there would be a suspension. He made a comment about Cam so I gave him 24 hours to decide what sort of guest he wants to be. The next infraction will result in a permanent ban.

We don't make rival fans leave their allegiances at the door. They can be homers. What they can't do is disrespect Auburn in our house.

He made a comment about Mrs. Malzahn and was issued a verbal warning and told if he took another shot at Auburn or its people, there would be a suspension. He made a comment about Cam so I gave him 24 hours to decide what sort of guest he wants to be. The next infraction will result in a permanent ban.

We don't make rival fans leave their allegiances at the door. They can be homers. What they can't do is disrespect Auburn in our house.

Saw the Cam comment and just informed about Mrs. Malzahn. SMH

Maybe he has time to convince more LSU fans on their boards that miles will win. They are about 75% predicting AU.

Will we be really ready for the biggest test of the year? I am worried about this game cause I don't know which Auburn team will show up.

Archived