Love media Bias

FootballFanatic

The headlines last night on the bedlam saturday went like this.

*Historic day as top ranked teams go down.

*FSU Dominates

*Auburn avoids upset bug.

Err.....

FSU played a cupcake Wake forest team. AUBURN played a top 15 team!

Such a crock. LOL

At least the analysts are talking up Auburn a tiny bit.

the headline I saw on ESPN college page had us owning lsu

Last night it was something like "#5 Auburn Takes Down #15 LSU In a Blowout"

Huh? That is stupid wording man. Surviving by only dominating the whole game and winning by nearlyy 5 touchdowns. Maybe they chose that wording because everyone else was getting upset? :dunno:

'

That is the exact thing I was talking about. I was watching that last night and chuckled a bit. It is amazing to be one of the few top ranked teams that didn't lose last night while playing a legit opponent. I saw that little tidbit and laughed. When I watched the SEC recap show they talked very little about the game. If Alabama held a team to 0 third downs and stopped 3 out of 4 4th down attempts it would be a headline of epic proportions.

Auburn survives.

The analysts were saying dominant but the media supported script didn't cover any of that and just glossed over the game a bit.

Huh? That is stupid wording man. Surviving by only dominating the whole game and winning by nearlyy 5 touchdowns. Maybe they chose that wording because everyone else was getting upset? :dunno:

I think that is what they meant.

I looked at CBS Sports.com and ESPN last night about an hour after the game and had to look for a write-up. It was as if the game had been played Thursday.

almost immediately after the AU game, ESPN had moved on to the next series of ballgames....UCLA's upcoming loss to Utah. The group I watched on ESPN post game gave AU plenty of love and most had us #1. Keep in mind that AU was favored by a TD or more....whereas the Ole Miss win was truly an upset and JMO but they deserved all the airtime they got for that win.

It just seems that some folks have to look around to find something to be offended by....a sign of the era I guess.

I looked at CBS Sports.com and ESPN last night about an hour after the game and had to look for a write-up. It was as if the game had been played Thursday.

almost immediately after the AU game, ESPN had moved on to the next series of ballgames....UCLA's upcoming loss to Utah. The group I watched on ESPN post game gave AU plenty of love and most had us #1. Keep in mind that AU was favored by a TD or more....whereas the Ole Miss win was truly an upset and JMO but they deserved all the airtime they got for that win.

It just seems that some folks have to look around to find something to be offended by....a sign of the era I guess.

And I laughed like hell every time the bamr game was mentioned.

I wasn't offended, it is just the evidence of how media steers discussions quite often. The analysts often say it like it is but the official script the shows put out sometimes has a bit of fluff and alteration.

Archived