Tim Cook: "I'm Proud to be Gay"

RunInRed

If it suits Tim Cook, fine for Tim Cook, he gets no grief from me. I'm proud to be straight and I hope that doesn't offend anybody either.

I don't understand the concept of being PROUD for things which you had no part in doing. Being gay, straight, black, white, what ever.

:gofig:

So just to confirm, you saying people are "born gay" ... (i.e, it's not a choice)? I push this point b/c I know it's one that's been debated ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it suits Tim Cook, fine for Tim Cook, he gets no grief from me. I'm proud to be straight and I hope that doesn't offend anybody either.

I don't understand the concept of being PROUD for things which you had no part in doing. Being gay, straight, black, white, what ever.

:gofig:

It's the opposite of being ashamed of. Not a complicated concept at all.

It doesn't. (obviously :-\ )

Never went into a gay bar by accident did you?

Actually I have. But I don't get your point.

My point is I have been in a situation where me being straight offended a number of people. Your remark "It doesn't. (obviously ;) ) " seemed to me to indicate that being straight never offends anyone. There are times and places where it does.

So he's gay, who cares? Grass is green, sky is blue, water is necessary, ocean water is salty,....

Non-issue.

Yes, that seems to be the conditioned response. It makes me wonder why those who are gay feel they need to make it an issue by officially "coming out." Im with you...who cares?

The reason they have to announce it, is that they need support for their decision, and they need others in this area to tell them it is okay to be that way. There are hundreds upon hundreds of other gay people that don't have to announce it because they are comfortable with who they are. Read into that what you will.

My point is I have been in a situation where me being straight offended a number of people. Your remark "It doesn't. (obviously ;) ) " seemed to me to indicate that being straight never offends anyone. There are times and places where it does.

:bs:

The reason they have to announce it, is that they need support for their decision, and they need others in this area to tell them it is okay to be that way. There are hundreds upon hundreds of other gay people that don't have to announce it because they are comfortable with who they are. Read into that what you will.

Yeah, but they aren't CEO's of a major corporation. If Cook intended to live an honest life, he had no choice but to come out.

Yeah, but they aren't CEO's of a major corporation. If Cook intended to live an honest life, he had no choice but to come out.

He was already out. Everybody knew he was gay. He never hid that fact.

He was already out. Everybody knew he was gay. He never hid that fact.

Not everyone. I didn't. Anyway, like I said, he could choose to either deny it or to acknowledge it. Acknowledging it is the same as "coming out".

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with his "comfort" of being who he is.

It doesn't. (obviously :-\/> )

My point is I have been in a situation where me being straight offended a number of people. Your remark "It doesn't. (obviously ;)/> ) " seemed to me to indicate that being straight never offends anyone. There are times and places where it does.

:bs:/>

Be real....the world has its outliers regardless of what you may tell yourself.

My point is I have been in a situation where me being straight offended a number of people. Your remark "It doesn't. (obviously ;)/> ) " seemed to me to indicate that being straight never offends anyone. There are times and places where it does.

Sure there are crazy people, but to suggest gays are frequently "offended" by other people being heterosexual is irrational, absurd and prejudicial.

Sure there are crazy people, but to suggest gays are frequently "offended" by other people being heterosexual is irrational, absurd and prejudicial.

No it's not! Every group, when in a majority environment, poses a likelyhood of irrational "peer" pressure against those who are in a minority. It is logical to accept that a large group of people of the same mindset or ideology could turn on a minority in the room or area. Wake up!

How was he dishonest? I have things in my private life that the public doesn't know anything about. Does that mean that I am dishonest? Tim Cook doesn't owe the public anything but to put out a great product.

:bs:

No , no matter how much you'd like my response to be BS, it is not. Maybe you should get out more.

What I find interesting is that so far I have not seen ONE SINGLE POST, here or on any other site, where Tim Cook has been bashed and lied about and called hate-filled. I have not seen ANYONE say that Apple products should be boycotted.

Does anyone else find it interesting that when Dan Cathy says "We believe in the Biblical definition of marriage" that the world goes bat**** crazy, but when Tim Cook makes his comments the supposed right-wing Christian wackos don't say anything negative? It sure makes me wonder who the intolerant people really are. I just find the double standard to be interesting.

What I find interesting is that so far I have not seen ONE SINGLE POST, here or on any other site, where Tim Cook has been bashed and lied about and called hate-filled. I have not seen ANYONE say that Apple products should be boycotted.

Does anyone else find it interesting that when Dan Cathy says "We believe in the Biblical definition of marriage" that the world goes bat**** crazy, but when Tim Cook makes his comments the supposed right-wing Christian wackos don't say anything negative? It sure makes me wonder who the intolerant people really are. I just find the double standard to be interesting.

Grumps, it's always that way.The left always talks about tolerance but that tolerance is a one way street. You have to be tolerant and accept what they want but it doesn't work the other way. It is that way with all things not just this. You always hear about bipartisanship and compromise. That simply means that republicans and conservatives have to drop what they believe and go along with the liberals.

The fruits of progressive liberalism where tolerance is demanded from those who are conspicuously unwilling to extend the same consideration.

No, but it was implied that the reason he came out publicly was because he needed "support for (his) decision". (What decision anyway?)

It was also implied that gays who "come out" are doing so because they are not comfortable with who they are.

And it was also implied that it is common for gays to be "offended" by heterosexuals.

(Guess Mikey got thrown out of a gay bar. Never heard of that happening. :P )

Are you addressing me homer? You used some of my quotes, so if you don't understand what I mean, I will explain.

I was addressing your statements, and their meaning is clear enough, except for the "decision" one. You can explain that one if you like.

Are you addressing me homer? You used some of my quotes, so if you don't understand what I mean, I will explain.

I was addressing your statements, and their meaning is pretty clear.

What do you "think" that I mean?

How was he dishonest? I have things in my private life that the public doesn't know anything about. Does that mean that I am dishonest? Tim Cook doesn't owe the public anything but to put out a great product.

He wasn't. That's my point.

And the "public" doesn't care about your sexuality. If you were the CEO of Microsoft though, it's a story and an ongoing rumor.

Archived