2015 Under Armour & U.S. Army All-American - Commitment Announcements

WarEagleAU

Under Armour (Friday, Jan. 2, 3:00 p.m. CT)

RB Ronald Jones II - Notre Dame and USC (My pick: USC; Confidence level: 9)

WR Tyron Johnson - Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (My pick: Oklahoma State; Confidence level: 3)

DT Daron Payne - Alabama, Auburn and Miss State (My pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 10)

DT Tim Settle - Oklahoma State, USC, Virginia Tech and Washington State (My pick: Virginia Tech; Confidence level: 7)

ILB Anthony Wheeler - Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas (My pick: Oklahoma; Confidence level: 6)

CB Kendall Sheffield - Alabama, Florida State, LSU and Texas A&M (My Pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 5)

U.S. Army (Saturday, Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m. CT)

WR Lawrence Cager - Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest (My Pick: Miami; Confidence level: 4)

TE Devonaire Clarington - Florida, LSU, Miami and Texas (My Pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

DT Neville Gallimore - Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC (My Pick: Oklahoma; Confidence level: 5)

DE D'Andre Walker - Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee (My Pick: Georgia; Confidence level: 9)

DE Kyle Phillips - LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee (My Pick: Ole Miss; Confidence level: 2)

OLB Porter Gustin - Arizona State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 10)

S Marvell Tell - Oregon, Texas A&M and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 6)

ATH Tim Irvin - Florida, Miami and Texas (My pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

Thoughts? Let's hear out...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to add DaVante Phillips - OP updated.

Could be a huge weekend or a very dissapointing weekend... Can we pick up atleast one commitment, if so, who?
Ivey. I'd be surprised if we ended with two commitments.

I think we are closer on Tyron Johnson than you think. My confidence level on him his 4 to AU and 4 to Texas Tech and 2 to OkSt. Kerryon is in his ear already. My confidence level for Martez Ivey is closer to 8 or 9 to AU. I would like to see us get Kendall Sheffield's last visit.

I think we are closer on Tyron Johnson than you think. My confidence level on him his 4 to AU and 4 to Texas Tech and 2 to OkSt. Kerryon is in his ear already. My confidence level for Martez Ivey is closer to 8 or 9 to AU. I would like to see us get Kendall Sheffield's last visit.

Tyron Johnson didn't mention AU on his top 3 but I won't count him out. I think Auburn is ahead of LSU. AU might get Kendall Sheffield and Tarvarus McFadden to visit if T-Rob comes.

What makes you think we get Ivey? All other AU fans on other AU sites are conceding him to UF. The gator fans are confident on top of that.

Changed my pick about 10 minutes ago. I think Ivey will ended up at UF.

Other than Ivy, doesn't seem like I've seen much indication of getting any of those guys.....these kids are headed all over the country.... I'm not sure that the list is an indication that we will not have a good signing class.

Other than Ivy, doesn't seem like I've seen much indication of getting any of those guys.....these kids are headed all over the country.... I'm not sure that the list is an indication that we will not have a good signing class.

Auburn might get some of elite defensive recruits thanks to Boom. Just wait until NSD.

The recruiting process this entire year has been rather dissapointing. We had a huge dry spell on commits and we've lost just about every major recruiting battle we have been in.

On top of that we can't get Payne to lower than a 10 on your confidence level and we probably won't pull Ivey. It's disheartining looking at the 247 top recruits and not seeing us have a single one until Roc who is at a position we're very strong at.

The recruiting process this entire year has been rather dissapointing. We had a huge dry spell on commits and we've lost just about every major recruiting battle we have been in.

On top of that we can't get Payne to lower than a 10 on your confidence level and we probably won't pull Ivey. It's disheartening looking at the 247 top recruits and not seeing us have a single one until Roc who is at a position we're very strong at.

I hear you. I wonder why LSU, UGA, Tennessee and aTm seem to draw top-tier players despite having lesser programs, but we seem ever unable to close the deal. I'm considering resurrecting my recruiting 'Reality Check' post from March just to see if everyone's confidence in the recruiting staff still holds.

The good news is that we have nine open slots available. The bad news is that we are unlikely to fill even five slots with top prospects. It could happen but right now there are not five names out there that are leaning toward Auburn. We're playing catchup and that's not a good thing.

The good news is that we have nine open slots available. The bad news is that we are unlikely to fill even five slots with top prospects. It could happen but right now there are not five names out there that are leaning toward Auburn. We're playing catchup and that's not a good thing.

8 open slots if you forgot to add Austin Golson.

Under Armour (Friday, Jan. 2, 3:00 p.m. CT)

RB Ronald Jones II - Notre Dame and USC (My pick: USC; Confidence level: 9)

WR Tyron Johnson - Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (My pick: Oklahoma State; Confidence level: 3)

WR DaVante Phillips - Florida State, Louisville and Miami (My pick: Florida State; Confidence level: 9)

DT Daron Payne - Alabama, Auburn and Miss State (My pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 10)

DT Tim Settle - Oklahoma State, USC, Virginia Tech and Washington State (My pick: Virginia Tech; Confidence level: 7)

ILB Anthony Wheeler - Baylor, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas (My pick: Oklahoma; Confidence level: 6)

CB Kendall Sheffield - Alabama, Florida State, LSU and Texas A&M (My Pick: Alabama; Confidence level: 5)

U.S. Army (Saturday, Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m. CT)

WR Lawrence Cager - Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest (My Pick: Virginia Tech; Confidence level: 1)

TE Devonaire Clarington - Florida, LSU, Miami and Texas (My Pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

OT Martez Ivey - Auburn and Florida (My pick: Florida; Confidence level: 4)

DT Neville Gallimore - Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC (My Pick: Ohio State; Confidence level: 5)

DE D'Andre Walker - Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee (My Pick: Georgia; Confidence level: 9)

DE Kyle Phillips - LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee (My Pick: LSU; Confidence level: 8)

OLB Porter Gustin - Arizona State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 10)

S Marvell Tell - Oregon, Texas A&M and USC (My Pick: USC; Confidence level: 6)

ATH Tim Irvin - Florida, Miami and Texas (My pick: Texas; Confidence level: 6)

Thoughts? Let's hear out...

This does not sound very promising for us. I hope your confidence level is skewed and we win some of these battles along the way.

Boy its a lot of gloom and doom over here on the recruiting threads....not a recruit nik, but I can imagine the staff puts maximum effort on recruiting on both sides of the ball. I think there is some solid LBS committed not sure about cb and S, still slow with the trenches but AU has closed strong in the past in that area, hopefully that holds true this year.

Eight open slots and needs on defense.

How is defensive position recruiting handled? By defensive coaches? Ellis, Harbison, Garner, Smith? Why are so many highly-rated prospects such long shots for a team like Auburn? What's the problem?

I believe the OP list is only players who plan to commit during the game telecast. This does not include players who will commit on signing day. We are not in bad shape. Not nearly as gloomy a picture as some on here have painted.

Eight open slots and needs on defense.

How is defensive position recruiting handled? By defensive coaches? Ellis, Harbison, Garner, Smith? Why are so many highly-rated prospects such long shots for a team like Auburn? What's the problem?

2 WR or 1 WR/1 OL, 3 DL, 2 LB and 1 CB

I believe the OP list is only players who plan to commit during the game telecast. This does not include players who will commit on signing day. We are not in bad shape. Not nearly as gloomy a picture as some on here have painted.

This. We are looking good at NSD.

Well, yeah. We're not recruiting like GT. However, out of that entire list, there will be top defensive players committing to our SEC rivals: Alabama, LSU, Florida and Georgia. But Not to Auburn.

It's not about gloom. Auburn plays with the big boys at the highest levels. They should be recruiting at the very top as well, which means AU should be a serious contender with the top recruits instead of a "consideration" or "possibility". I prefer 'in great shape' over "not in bad shape".

Well, yeah. We're not recruiting like GT. However, out of that entire list, there will be top defensive players committing to our SEC rivals: Alabama, LSU, Florida and Georgia. But Not to Auburn.

It's not about gloom. Auburn plays with the big boys at the highest levels. They should be recruiting at the very top as well, which means AU should be a serious contender with the top recruits instead of a "consideration" or "possibility". I prefer 'in great shape' over "not in bad shape".

I agree but I think AU has finished in top ten on several occasions, specifically since 2009. The staff recruits hard but there are only so many prospects determined elite each year. I look at how well a school develops what they recruit - and if a recruit meets a specific need a team has. Cause everybody ain't gonna be able to recruit all 5 star athletes. Furthermore AU has a great program, but just wrapped up year 2 for CGM tenure. Recruiting is about relationships, and often those relationships have to be built over time. Nevertheless I expect this staff to close really strong with some suprises along the way....

As a walkon that's been here for nearly a year, Golson will not sign a LOI. The annual 25 + carryover from last year limit is on LOI 's. It's my understanding that Golson will not count against our limit of 28, which would have been 29 except that Tre Matthews went on scholarship immediately, thus costing us one annual slot by his being added to last year's class and reducing carryover by one.

If anybody knows of a rule change that will make Golson have to sign a LOI, please post a link. I do try to stay informed.

I agree but I think AU has finished in top ten on several occasions, specifically since 2009. The staff recruits hard but there are only so many prospects determined elite each year. I look at how well a school develops what they recruit - and if a recruit meets a specific need a team has. Cause everybody ain't gonna be able to recruit all 5 star athletes. Furthermore AU has a great program, but just wrapped up year 2 for CGM tenure. Recruiting is about relationships, and often those relationships have to be built over time. Nevertheless I expect this staff to close really strong with some suprises along the way....

Agreed but it's rough when we keep finishing in the lower half of the top 10 and someone else finishes 1 or 2 every year. It makes a dofference.

The simple fact is we should have at least 1-2 players from the top 25 prospects and we don't. While the teams we've lost to come out with 3-5 from that same group.

I agree it's about coaching up talent but when they can coach too it becomes difficult

If I get the full potential out of a 3 star and you get the full potential out of a 5 star. Well odds are you're going to win

Archived