2015 Under Armour & U.S. Army All-American - Commitment Announcements

WarEagleAU

Even with Muschamp and TRob coming, there is still some uncertainty regarding the defensive staff. Most recruits want to have some idea who their position coach will be. At this point, it's not clear whether CRG or other position coaches will even be on the Auburn staff next season. It would be short sighted to believe that this is not a factor.

So, now that Auburn's bowl game is over, I'm hoping we will see some movement in regards to the new defensive staff. Personally, I hope CWM cleans house and brings in all new position coaches, but that is a different topic. What is needed at this point is clarity for recruits. Who will the coaches be if they sign with Auburn?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with Muschamp and TRob coming, there is still some uncertainty regarding the defensive staff. Most recruits want to have some idea who their position coach will be. At this point, it's not clear whether CRG or other position coaches will even be on the Auburn staff next season. It would be short sighted to believe that this is not a factor.

So, now that Auburn's bowl game is over, I'm hoping we will see some movement in regards to the new defensive staff. Personally, I hope CWM cleans house and brings in all new position coaches, but that is a different topic. What is needed at this point is clarity for recruits. Who will the coaches be if they sign with Auburn?

We should have the staff in place next week. i don't see wholesale changes but there will be a couple of changes. I hope he keeps Travis Williams on staff. I like his energy.

I'm curious as to why K Johnson is playing defense are we recruiting him to play defense?

We recruited him as an RB. But who knows he may end up as a DB.

I'm curious as to why K Johnson is playing defense are we recruiting him to play defense?

This seems to be pretty common in these games for guys that can play both ways. UA might have had more RBs available to travel than safeties, so since he can play both ways they put him on D to make the numbers work out.

We all know the HC is the one responsible for everything, it goes without saying. However It seems extremely difficult for a HC to handle that much in recruiting, that's why he has a staff. Gus is an offensive HC he knows what he needs to make his offense go. He hired a DC and gave him the latitude to get the players he needed to make his defense work, take a look at recruiting for the STAR for example..that was a position unique to EJ system, his defense his players a position he targeted recruits for.

The offense looks better because Gus knows what he needs to make it work, IMO he gave Ellis and his staff free reign to recruit that side of the ball and IMO he shoulders some of the blame if not all of it.....anyways as I stated earlier let's get all the hay in the barn and see what AU gets before making final judgements.

This^^. Most high school recruits saw Johnson as grandpa figure, not coach

Nick Saban age 63 born October 31, 1951

Ellis Johnson age 63 born December 21, 1951

So the difference is how much hair color a coach uses?

Like Pete Carroll too - but let's not be facetious...Ellis's personality is like driftwood compared to Saban and Carroll

Thank u^^

Gallimore to Oklahoma.

Edit:

In the "Don't touch that channel!" bit before he committed, he had 3 hats, one of which was ours. but during the commitment, he didn't even put an Auburn hat on the table.

Archived