We were a 8 & 4 team

Johndunc

This must be the hopeless loser's thread.Guess you thought new DC would correct all issues before the DC gets a chance to work with the D. Nothing wrong with 8-4. Look forward to seeing improvement next year.

BS. We gave several games away this year. We had no business losing to A&M. We had no business losing this game. We gave the game to State.

Nominee for BS post of the year.

How do you figure?We gave several games away. We had more talent than an 8 win team. Our reord was 8-5......but we weren't an 8-5 team. I know, that isn't sunshine pumping.........but it is the truth!

What's the motto in the offseason? 300 minutes better?

real cute dude.

Yeah! "250 Yards Better" has a nicer ring to it

What's the motto in the offseason? 300 minutes better?

real cute dude.

Yeah! "250 Yards Better" has a nicer ring to it

In all seriousness, I think this offseason is similar to that prior to the 2013 season..getting the edge back. We never seemed to find it.

Anyone want to trade places with Vandy? UK? Maybe Wake Forrest?

Suck it up! We will be back.

Us old timers have been around since the glory days of Coach Jordan. We have seen seasons of greatness, and those we would just rather forget. Those games against bammer in 1984 & 85 were as painful as it gets. Being a great coach, Pat Dye turned things around in 1986, and gave us some great seasons from 86 through 1989.

We had no Internet back then to vent our anguish and to praise the team's successes. We have become a nation of high expectations with very little patience. This coaching staff and team will have most likely several glory seasons down the road that will result in conference and national championships. Let's not loose sight of this today and in the future.

Offensive playcalling issues are magnified because the offense has to play perfect or almost perfect each game for AU to win. Nobody can call a perfect game.

The fact of the matter is people like to call playcalling a chess match but its not quite like that. It would be like if you're playing chess with someone and both you and your opponent simultaneously move your pieces of choice. Bad stuff is bound to happen from time to time.

The Auburn O is limited due to some of the skillsets of some of the key players so we got a bit predictable. Next year the offense will look different and probably much more diverse because defenses will have to account for the pass game actually being able to hit throws all over the field as opposed to just along the line of scrimmage or the deep ball. If JJ puts in the work with his WRs the offense should be fun to watch.

This must be the hopeless loser's thread.Guess you thought new DC would correct all issues before the DC gets a chance to work with the D. Nothing wrong with 8-4. Look forward to seeing improvement next year.

My thought exactly. This is the "sky is falling / we're doomed" thread. Unfortunately, I wish we could keep it contained to a single thread.

The margin is thin between 12-2 and 8-5. I thought in pre-season we had enough players to pick up the slack from the losses of Jay Prosh, Greg Robinson, Tre Mason, Dee Ford and injuries to Alex Kozan and Carl Lawson. AU did not fill all those roles adequately. The lack of dominant blocking on the zone read, and a lack of a pass rush to come up with defensive stops made AU more vulnerable in crucial situations. The increase of penalties also cost AU points and helped opponents sustain drives, burn clock, and score. Hopefully, the coaches can improve in these areas and develop some players to fill these rolls next year and play for the SEC title again. I am optimistic that Jeremy Johnson will step up and give new options in the passing game and lead the offense... and Kozan hopefully will return to soften the loss of Dismukes on the OL. Obviously Muschamp brings new hope for the overall defense. WAR EAGLE!

Quite simply, we weren't very good.

BINGO! You got the message of the original post. We were just what we were, not very good this year. Water under the bridge, let's move on and get ready for 2015...

This thread is a waste of space. A target for useless debbie downers.

I have faith in Gus. Anyone who didn't think we would take a step back this year is an idiot. The D dropped more than we expected and that situation has been remedied.

There is NOTHING worse than a bunch of "the sky is falling" panty wastes.

Like the adage goes, "you are who your record says you are".

Could we have won a couple we lost? Yes.

Could we have lost a couple we won? Yes.

In the end, "ifs, ands and buts" don't mean anything. In the end, we are 8-5.

Now, let's move on, finish recruiting strong and head into spring.

We've got to get that edge, that determination to be great each game, each half, each play. Physical and mental toughness and resolve are key ingredients we need to compete as we want next year.

Can we have a seperate section for the cry babies. The team had a problem and Gus went out a couple of weeks ago and did a great job by starting to fix the problem. With our Off. scoring as many points as they did we should have had a much better record. The problem was the Def. so Gus fires CEJ and hires one of the best DC's in the country. Before you give up on next year give him a shot. If what Gus has done in the last couple of weeks isn't good enough I'm not sure what you expect. Don't forget we were in the NC game just last year and came within an eyelash of winning.

Actually 8-5 could have very easily ..... No fumble at ole miss and penalty at usc for having two #1 on the field at same time and we could have been 6-7.

I'm thankful for what we needed up with.

Just dissapointed in the fact we regressed.

Archived