Prayers needed

Ranger12

Yesterday, our family got some bad news that schocked us all. My 20 year old cousin was found dead in his vehicle in the Decatur Wal-Mart parking lot where He was meeting some friends the night before to get a hunting license. He was a young man that had turned his life around. He had just recently joined the Army and was on holiday leave after just graduating basic. He was about to start his infantry training after the first of the year and was considering applying for Ranger school if he qualified. He just came home this past Thursday and was upbeat and had alot of pride in what he was now doing. The police do not think it was foul play and going by what we know and the fact that his friends said his attitude was positive earlier that night, it's not looking like he did something to himself either. Right now, it looks as if something unnatural may have caused it. Please pray for his folks and the rest of the family and pray that we find out what happened real soon.

Thanks guys. I just got off the phone with my mother and she said that a couple of his friends have now said that he told them that he did not feel right when they were eating dinner at Applebees earlier that night. Unfortunately, all anybody can do at this time is just speculate. I have had to deal with close deaths before, but the reason for death was known right away. This is heard having to wait to know what happened, especially for somebody so young to just pass away like that.

Prayers sent, How are you rerlated to the Pirtles?

133065[/snapback]

Justin is my first cousin. My dad and his mom are brother and sister. I figured you knew about it and who it was. Did your wife teach him at Austin?

Just as an FYI in case you did not know yet, visitation is going to be Wednesday 6-9 at Roselawn and the funeral will be at Calvary Assembly at 2 pm Thursday. My father and George Sawyer are going to be officiating over the service. Shelia, Gary, and Fallon are really struggling bad. Dad is having to do alot of the funeral arrangments because Gary and Shelia are just about refusing to deal with any of that. Can't say I would not be the same way if it was one of mine. It hurts everytime I think about it, but that is nothing compared to the hurt they are going through. I don't know if I can even begin to imagine the pain they are going through to lose a child that way and that young.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family as well.

I, too, cannot imagine how I would deal with a loss of one of my own.

We still have no answer on why he died. Nothing showed up on the first tests. It could take up to a year to get any results back on the detailed toxicology tests they will do. So far, it looks like there may have been some sort of health issue that as not diagnosed.

The funeral was today and he was laid to rest with full military honors. One of his drill instructors, who happened to be a Ranger :D , spoke at the service. His battalion CO was also there along with his two recruiters. The funeral detail the Army provided was a typical well oil machined and they did not budge in the extremely cold weather. Afterwards, at the post-funeral family gathering, my aunt and uncle were in great spirits. They said they were happy that God gave them the honor of being his parents and it gave them peace that God took him home at a time that they were the proudest of him. Please continue to remember them in your prayers in the next coming weeks as that awful emptiness starts to set in.

Archived