Powerful Speech...Thank You PM Netanyahu

Proud Tiger

Everybody won't agree and I doubt anyone questions how I feel. So be it. To each his own opinion. I think he nailed it.

My wife grew up in California no one would accuse her of being a hard line conservative. All she said after the speech was "I wish we had a leader like that."

Amen.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very glad we do not. If we did, we would be in a war based on the dubious claims of an administration, not facts supported by real intelligence.

Netanyahu nailed.

He's the adult in the room, in stark contrast to the absent children.

I am very glad we do not. If we did, we would be in a war based on the dubious claims of an administration, not facts supported by real intelligence.

So, not exactly uncharted territory for us.

Everybody won't agree and I doubt anyone questions how I feel. So be it. To each his own opinion. I think he nailed it.

My wife grew up in California no one would accuse her of being a hard line conservative. All she said after the speech was "I wish we had a leader like that."

Amen.

Amen and Amen

I have Jewish Ancestors on my Mother's side. (I am Baptist by choice/ a Christian by the Grace of God) I am a bit biased. Just FYI.

I find it nothing short of hilarious irony that the people who seemingly are arguing that Iran should be given a clear path to creating nuclear bombs are the exact same people who argue that I do not have the right to own a pistol to protect my family.

Netanyahu made a very compelling case and when he did slightly exaggerate the case, I view that as erring on the side of caution rather than expediency. Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world and has been linked to sponsorship of Al Qaeda. Those people can only trusted at our own peril. An unintended consequence of a nuclear armed Iran is a nuclear arms race in the middle east. Hey, Im sure thats something ALL democrats can get behind but individual ownership of a pistol is strictly verboten..a'ight?

Apparently, some people have very short memories. Or maybe they can't learn from experience.

Amen.

There are no hard lined conservatives in California? :laugh:

Man you live in a simple world! I almost envy you for it. ;D

Apparently, some people have very short memories. Or maybe they can't learn from experience.

Yeah, we can all refer back Iran's commitment to honesty and their sterling record of not stonewalling or even kicking out agents of the IAEA when they get a bit too close to revealing undeclared nuclear operations. Iranians can definitely be trusted to always be above board and forthright and tell the truth w/o equivocation....LOL

I find it nothing short of hilarious irony that the people who seemingly are arguing that Iran should be given a clear path to creating nuclear bombs are the exact same people who argue that I do not have the right to own a pistol to protect my family.

Netanyahu made a very compelling case and when he did slightly exaggerate the case, I view that as erring on the side of caution rather than expediency. Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world and has been linked to sponsorship of Al Qaeda. Those people can only trusted at our own peril. An unintended consequence of a nuclear armed Iran is a nuclear arms race in the middle east. Hey, Im sure thats something ALL democrats can get behind but individual ownership of a pistol is strictly verboten..a'ight?

you "slightly" exaggerated the first paragraph.

The problem with this whole circus, besides the obvious fact that no viable solutions/alternatives were offered up by Netanyahu, is that he has completely politicized the relationship between the US and Israel ... one far too important for such games.

But back to the point, Bibi doesn't like the current approach ... ok, so what's his counter plan?

Well put from the opposition leader (Isaac Herzog) ...

"The painful truth is that after all the applause, Netanyahu is alone and Israel is isolated, and the negotiations will continue without Israel's input. The speech sabotaged Israel's relations with the US. It will not change the view of the administration, only deepen the rift with our strategic ally."

http://www.jpost.com...Congress-392813

Wow. Brian Williams and Bill O Reilly think you're exaggerating.

They aren't enriching uranium at anywhere near the levels necessary for even a single substandard nuke. Some of us have grown tired of seeing sons, daughters, and friends shipped off to die fighting imaginary hobgoblins for dubious causes. It happens.

I'm for zero restrictions on gun ownership, and I'm for peace. There's 310 million people in this country, and we don't all fit into one of two boxes.

No I didn't.

The problem with this whole circus, besides the obvious fact that no viable solutions/alternatives were offered up by Netanyahu, is that he has completely politicized the relationship between the US and Israel ... one far too important for such games.

But back to the point, Bibi doesn't like the current approach ... ok, so what's his counter plan?

You know, I think it's valid to debate how this speech came to be and the breach of protocol it was. I think it's valid to challenge Bibi to offer a better detailed plan. And I don't think it's unreasonable to point out that regardless whether you think Bibi is right or not that the speech definitely has politicized the US-Israel relationship in a way that wasn't needed.

But that said, I have to say I agree with Bibi in this regard: I believe the Iranians are not negotiating in good faith, and that any deal likely to be struck under the framework the Obama administration is using would be a bad one. They can't be trusted and will continue to attempt to develop a weapon secretly no matter what and will just use lessened sanctions to buy time to do so. I cannot understand how Obama thinks they won't.

Granted, I don't have a detailed alternative. But I don't think being able to see the problems in one 'solution' is contingent upon having another plan to offer right now.

They aren't enriching uranium at anywhere near the levels necessary for even a single substandard nuke. Some of us have grown tired of seeing sons, daughters, and friends shipped off to die fighting imaginary hobgoblins for dubious causes. It happens.

I'm for zero restrictions on gun ownership, and I'm for peace. There's 310 million people in this country, and we don't all fit into one of two boxes.

Everyone understands that but their Supreme Leader has publicly stated that their ambition is to have 190,000 centrifuges. Obama's tried and failed diplomatic strategy of preemptive capitulation is NOT how to deal with Iranian negotiators...they'll eat his lunch.

Another foreigner coming to America & doing a job no one wants .

That's Netanyahu.

But that said, I have to say I agree with Bibi in this regard: I believe the Iranians are not negotiating in good faith, and that any deal likely to be struck under the framework the Obama administration is using would be a bad one. They can't be trusted and will continue to attempt to develop a weapon secretly no matter what and will just use lessened sanctions to buy time to do so. I cannot understand how Obama thinks they won't.

Completely fair POV. Of course, that belief pretty much leaves us with our hands tied. In other words, if you don' think we have a partner to negotiate with, then what options do we have? You essentially end up advocating for a military-based enforcement approach. Not sure that gets us to a better place ...

Everyone understands that but their Supreme Leader has publicly stated that their ambition is to have 190,000 centrifuges. Obama's tried and failed diplomatic strategy of preemptive capitulation is NOT how to deal with Iranian negotiators...they'll eat his lunch.

This sort of post is getting tiresome. Yeah, yeah, yeah we get it already: Obama incompetent, negotiation bad.

How about outlining the strategy ex-negotiation?

History (not "religion") teaches us all that it is a losing effort to be on the opposite side of Israel.......

Completely fair POV. Of course, that belief pretty much leaves us with our hands tied. In other words, if you don' think we have a partner to negotiate with, then what options do we have? You essentially end up advocating for a military-based enforcement approach. Not sure that gets us to a better place ...

Maybe it doesn't. But if he's right, does it matter that you're left with the lesser of two bad options? It just is what it is and we have to move from what is true rather than what we wish it was.

No I didn't.

you're right. You greatly exaggerated.

Archived