Powerful Speech...Thank You PM Netanyahu

Proud Tiger

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raptor......did you or David get that list of faux patriots?

Naw. Not yet. I guess someone is busy w/ duties, at Ice Station Zebra.

Raptor....think these pics are of things that were paid for by faux taxpayers that have a favorable rating of Israel and Netanyahu?

A decent discussion of the Netanyahu speech hijacked.

Well put from the opposition leader (Isaac Herzog) ...

"The painful truth is that after all the applause, Netanyahu is alone and Israel is isolated, and the negotiations will continue without Israel's input. The speech sabotaged Israel's relations with the US. It will not change the view of the administration, only deepen the rift with our strategic ally."

http://www.jpost.com...Congress-392813

Rob, Bebe's job is to protect the Israeli people. He is out numbered and out gunned and will soon have to look at fighting a war by lobbing nukes. that is a war where so many die so fast it will take the world's breath away. In the past, every time i can remember we negotiated with Iran, we have gotten the shaft.

As for damaging the relationship with the Obama Administration, it is most obvious from the incredibly shabby back door treatment Netanyahu has gotten from Obama that our relationship could not be worse. IMHO, Bebe could be letting the world see that Israel is about to take out the Iranian problem because no one else has the guts to do it.

You can't be serious. :-\

As for damaging the relationship with the Obama Administration, it is most obvious from the incredibly shabby back door treatment Netanyahu has gotten from Obama that our relationship could not be worse. IMHO, Bebe could be letting the world see that Israel is about to take out the Iranian problem because no one else has the guts to do it.

There's no possible way to describe it as anything other than shabby.

Seriously, stop being such a brown nosing shill for Obama.

There's no possible way to describe it as anything other than shabby.

Seriously, stop being such a brown nosing shill for Obama.

You are delusional. No one in their right mind would say that Obama is the one treating Netanyahu shabbily.

He deliberately ignored our sensible policy of not entertaining foreign heads of state just before an election. And he deliberately arranged for the visit with Boehner - using a state secretary with GOP ties - without notifying Obama. And this was specifically to weigh in against Obama's efforts to seek a negotiated solution. Boehner, for his purpose, simply wanted to attack Obama.

Obama should have refused to let him in the country.

"The painful truth is that after all the applause, Netanyahu is alone and Israel is isolated, and the negotiations will continue without Israel's input. The speech sabotaged Israel's relations with the US. It will not change the view of the administration, only deepen the rift with our strategic ally."

Rob, Bebe's job is to protect the Israeli people. He is out numbered and out gunned and will soon have to look at fighting a war by lobbing nukes. that is a war where so many die so fast it will take the world's breath away. In the past, every time i can remember we negotiated with Iran, we have gotten the shaft.

Absurd and insane.

Got to love all these faux patriots. They couldn't care less about Israel but they are a useful tool to bash the President. Meanwhile our actions speak a very different tune.

I was watching FOX earlier. I had to laugh at the lead-in for The Factor, "Did Netanyahu's Speech Embarrass the President"? Really Bill? That is the significance?

Like you said faux patriots.

But that said, I have to say I agree with Bibi in this regard: I believe the Iranians are not negotiating in good faith, and that any deal likely to be struck under the framework the Obama administration is using would be a bad one. They can't be trusted and will continue to attempt to develop a weapon secretly no matter what and will just use lessened sanctions to buy time to do so. I cannot understand how Obama thinks they won't.

Completely fair POV. Of course, that belief pretty much leaves us with our hands tied. In other words, if you don' think we have a partner to negotiate with, then what options do we have? You essentially end up advocating for a military-based enforcement approach. Not sure that gets us to a better place ...

Maybe it doesn't. But if he's right, does it matter that you're left with the lesser of two bad options? It just is what it is and we have to move from what is true rather than what we wish it was.

Reimpose the sanctions that Obama lifted and make new stronger ones.

Why?

They were working.

How so?

MDM4AU......yep. My mistake earlier. But Iran is supporting terrorism all over the place.

I have trouble keeping up with the buggers. ;)

You are delusional. No one in their right mind would say that Obama is the one treating Netanyahu shabbily.

He deliberately ignored our sensible policy of not entertaining foreign heads of state just before an election. And he deliberately arranged for the visit with Boehner - using a state secretary with GOP ties - without notifying Obama. And this was specifically to weigh in against Obama's efforts to seek a negotiated solution. Boehner, for his purpose, simply wanted to attack Obama.

Obama should have refused to let him in the country.

Senile old troll. Nothing else.

Reports: Netanyahu 'Humiliated' by Obama Snub

For a head of government to visit the White House and not pose for photographers is rare. For a key ally to be left to his own devices while the President withdraws to have dinner in private was, until this week, unheard of. Yet that is how Benjamin Netanyahu was treated by President Obama on Tuesday night, according to Israeli reports on a trip viewed in Jerusalem as a humiliation.

After failing to extract a written promise of concessions on settlements, Obama walked out of his meeting with Netanyahu but invited him to stay at the White House, consult with advisers and “let me know if there is anything new”, a U.S. congressman, who spoke to the Prime Minister, said.

“It was awful,” the congressman said. One Israeli newspaper called the meeting “a hazing in stages”, poisoned by such mistrust that the Israeli delegation eventually left rather than risk being eavesdropped on a White House telephone line. Another said that the Prime Minister had received “the treatment reserved for the President of Equatorial Guinea”.

Left to talk among themselves Netanyahu and his aides retreated to the Roosevelt Room. He spent a further half-hour with Obama and extended his stay for a day of emergency talks to try to restart peace negotiations. However, he left last night with no official statement from either side. He returned to Israelyesterday isolated after what Israeli media have called a White House ambush for which he is largely to blame.

Sources said that Netanyahu failed to impress Obama with a flow chart purporting to show that he was not responsible for the timing of announcements of new settlement projects in east Jerusalem. Obama was said to be livid when such an announcement derailed the visit to Israel by Joe Biden, the Vice-President, this month and his anger towards Israel does not appear to have cooled.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, cast doubt on minor details in Israeli accounts of the meeting but did not deny claims that it amounted to a dressing down for the Prime Minister, whose refusal to freeze settlements is seen in Washington as the main barrier to resuming peace talks

Barry is a petulant, amateur, spoiled little man-child compared to many of the other world leaders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/7521220/Obama-snubbed-Netanyahu-for-dinner-with-Michelle-and-the-girls-Israelis-claim.html

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2012/10/19/obama-israel/

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2010/May/Obama-Extends-Invitation-to-Netanyahu/

http://www.njdc.org/media/entry/hubbubaboutasnub051010

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/05/netanyahu-to-be-let-in-through.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/pm-netanyahu-gets-the-back-door-by-obama-again-ps-give-up-your-country

http://nypost.com/2010/03/26/obama-dumped-netanyahu-for-private-dinner/

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/29/white-house-is-so-mad-about-chickens-comment-theyre-not-even-investigating-it/

Lets see, keeping the Israeli Head of State waiting while you have a private dinner, the "chicken****" Scandal, the back door problems...yea, it couldnt get much worse.

MDM4AU......yep. My mistake earlier. But Iran is supporting terrorism all over the place.

Gee, you come across as such an expert! :-\

I guess I saw the speech today differently - I saw a close ally basically begging America to be a world leader again. We have been absent for a while now and you have Russia, China ,Iran among others trying to fill the void.

Gee, you come across as such an expert! :-\

lol

I guess I saw the speech today differently - I saw a close ally basically begging America to be a world leader again. We have been absent for a while now and you have Russia, China ,Iran among others trying to fill the void.

Yes...I went back and read Churchill's 1946 Cold War speech delivered in America. The speech was delivered to a war weary America; certainly not one that wanted to fight the Russians...not one that even wanted to confront them. It was delivered by our staunchest ally; one who had identified Hitler's tyranny long before anyone else...and who wanted to avoid war. He points out that war with Hitler had been avoidable; had we only acted with courage at the time. Stalin denounced the speech as "war mongering". This is my favorite part of the speech and the most prescient:

"From what I have seen of our Russian friends and Allies during the war, I am convinced that there is nothing they admire so much as strength, and there is nothing for which they have less respect than for weakness, especially military weakness....I do not believe that Soviet Russia desires war. What they desire is the fruits of war and the indefinite expansion of their power and doctrines...Our difficulties and dangers will not be removed by closing our eyes to them. They will not be removed by mere waiting to see what happens; not will they be removed by a policy of appeasement."

Churchill was dead on in his assessment of the tyranny the world faced; much closer to his doorstep. He did not advocate war, he advocated strength.

I listened to the full Netanyahu speech. He was respectful and praised the President and the Country. He called out multiple instances where the President had supported Israel; 3 that had not been made public. He pointed out the obvious; much in the same way Churchill had prior to WW2; of Iran's intentions and their growing a control of their region. His line regarding Iran and Isis "the enemy of my enemy is my enemy" will be used for some time to come. This brings absolute clarity to the situation faced in Iraq. He laid-out in simple language the current terms of the deal on the table with Iran...and it is like negotiating for Bergdahl and with Castro just on a larger more dangerous scale.

Not one time did he incite war. He was very thoughtful...if Iran walks from the right deal; keep sanctions on and let them walk. They'll be back. They need us more than we need them. And this was the best part:

"Now we're being told that the alternative to this bad deal is war. That's just not true. The alternative to this bad deal is a much better deal"

His basic message was there's no sense of urgency to make a bad deal. Use your leverage and get a good deal. This path would be more difficult....take longer...but the lessons of history are unmistakable.

I would encourage the naysayers to read the transcript. Half of the assertions in the 3 threads related to this have nothing to do with what he actually said or proposes He made a case for strength; he proposed a simple plan for long term peace.

You see Russia and Iran as trying to be what?

Using military force or sanctions has NEVER made anyone a "world leader". Past, present, or future. Yes might and power can be used to control but that is not how I define a "leader" of the FREE WORLD. (extreme emphasis on free)

In my view a "leader" would not have needed another countries prime minister to speak to "his" peers in congress. Who is leading who? This is how I saw this speech.

Netanyahu's favorable rating in the U.S.improves. Nearly twice as many Americans approve of him as disapprove.....45% to 24% according to Gallup poll. Even Dems evenly split at 31%.

http://www.gallup.co..._campaign=tiles

i am proud that He spoke to Congress. We need more Men and Leaders like Him in our World!!!

Netanyahu's favorable rating in the U.S.improves. Nearly twice as many Americans approve of him as disapprove.....45% to 24% according to Gallup poll. Even Dems evenly split at 31%.

http://www.gallup.co..._campaign=tiles

i am proud that He spoke to Congress. We need more Men and Leaders like Him in our World!!!

Yes, yes we do.

Archived