Redevelopment of Toomers Corner (City of Auburn)

autigeremt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the Tiger Paw?!? I guess I thought it was going to be part of the inlaid brick in the middle of the intersection.

Where's the Tiger Paw?!? I guess I thought it was going to be part of the inlaid brick in the middle of the intersection.

As did I. Surely it won't be as small as what they bordered if they do lay it.

I'm sure they will "carve" the Tiger Paw out of the middle section lighter paver section and then backfill with the darker paver. ...

54fe0d8161e77.image.jpg

Those poor businesses! I have half a mind to drive to Auburn, climb over some barriers and through some dirt just to buy a Toomer's lemonade.

They will benefit in the long run. Summers in Auburn are their slow time anyway.

It really looks nice. But, at the pace this brick paver crew has been working, they are going to be hard pressed to complete the center then get 3 more crosswalks and 3 corners finished by August 17th. I noticed for the first time their boss man was out there almost the entire day pushing them.

I'd be willing to bet they finish ... ;)/>

Haha, I don't think they have a choice other than to finish on time but note the phrase "at the pace....crew has been working." But, they're going to have to pick up the pace to do it which is why big boss man was out there yesterday.

Notice that essentially nothing has been done this morning and it's 9:30 local. They got in some kind of dispute with another crew working close by and they walked off. This paver crew is special, lol.

Ooops, it's time for an early lunch, lol. I guess we will start laying some pavers after lunch. It's going to be close to finish by 8/17. But I just saw big boss man down there again.

So far we have:

1 cross walk- 100% finished

1 center section- 80% finished

to go:

1 tiger paw- 0% finished (cut pattern, remove beige cuts, install dark bricks between paws)

3 cross walks- 0% finished

3 intersection corners- 0% finished (the 3 combined are bigger than the center section)

Haha thanks and it worked on Aubietron so who knows. ;)

probably about time to remind someone of the penalty or liquidated damages clause in the contract.....

Archived