Redevelopment of Toomers Corner (City of Auburn)

autigeremt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So obviously this area will have freshly paved roads, but will they continue that down each of the 4 roads?

That concrete they just poured is only a substrate for the pavers to follow. This is a preferred method for installing large detailed pavers that will prevent the typical movement due to freeze/thaw that would occur with a earth laid paver system.

So obviously this area will have freshly paved roads, but will they continue that down each of the 4 roads?

That concrete they just poured is only a substrate for the pavers to follow. This is a preferred method for installing large detailed pavers that will prevent the typical movement due to freeze/thaw that would occur with a earth laid paver system.

I'm talking about each way down Magnolia and each way down College. I think they should repave those roads completely.

I'm talking about each way down Magnolia and each way down College. I think they should repave those roads completely.

Why? just for aesthetics?

Last time I was in town there was nothing structurally wrong with those streets.

Last time I was in town there was nothing structurally wrong with those streets.

Yes, to make it look better as well as make downtown more friendly to people wanting to walk around. It is going to be nice.

I hope all of this will be done in. Our first home game is just around the corner.

The intersection itself will be done.

Yes, to make it look better as well as make downtown more friendly to people wanting to walk around. It is going to be nice.

Rhetorical...

Yes, the project will beautify the area. I imagine the construction fencing serves as the project limits and no additional paving of the approaching streets beyond that.

Rhetorical...

Yes, the project will beautify the area. I imagine the construction fencing serves as the project limits and no additional paving of the approaching streets beyond that.

Not necessarily. The project might be phased and the limits change as work progresses. I'm sure the City of Auburn wants to minimize the economical impacts when possible. It doesn't have to be concrete either. They could resurface the existing asphalt and do that in a manner to keep traffic moving.

Rhetorical...

Not necessarily. The project might be phased and the limits change as work progresses. I'm sure the City of Auburn wants to minimize the economical impacts when possible. It doesn't have to be concrete either. They could resurface the existing asphalt and do that in a manner to keep traffic moving.

This. I think that it will all be done in piece projects.

Rhetorical...

The project isn't phased. It only includes the current work in and adjacent to the intersection itself. As far as the roadway surfacing, it includes pervious pavers (over concrete substrate which you already mentioned) within the intersection along with pavers for the crosswalks. Approaching legs up to the crosswalks will receive asphalt wearing course.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but logan is asking about whether or not asphalt paving operations will take place beyond the immediate vicinity of the intersection. It's impossible to know for sure without knowing the Downtown Master Plan planned by the City of Auburn, but I would venture to guess that the answer to his question is no. As I stated earlier, College & Magnolia have no significant structural deficiencies to warrant rehabilitation. Slaping a fresh coat of superpave asphaltic pavement & fresh thermoplastic striping sure does dress things up, but it's also rather expensive. It's more likely that only further sidewalk improvements happen along College & Magnolia in the near future.

That's a fairly crappy asphaltic tack application job that guy is doing, especially on a milled surface.

You took the words right out of my mouth, VT.

:no::P

That's a fairly crappy asphaltic tack application job that guy is doing, especially on a milled surface.

Almost certainly the low bidder.....what do you expect ? :dunno:/>

BUT...thanks to everyone for the progress reports....

Archived