Racism. What are You Doing About It?

Weegle777

That's not close to being mentioned anywhere in this thread but if racism comes up that sure is where you will take it. Sorry if you feel a type of way that white people in this country have more extensive hate rap sheet than others in this country. I don't blame you for not wanting to acknowledge it....it is what it is though

The first thing that you should stop doing is referring to anyone with lighter colored skin as "white people". It is an all-inclusive racially charged term. My skin is olive colored, not white.

What is your point? Would you consider yourself to be caucasian?

Nope. I don't know my ancestral origin.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, we can't be allowed to just see everyone as "people" , because that would eliminate the concept of pride in one's heritage, ( what ever the hell that's suppose to mean ) , but if we DO point out differences, black, asian, latino, THEN that makes us racist.

It's a no win scenario.

That's not close to being mentioned anywhere in this thread but if racism comes up that sure is where you will take it. Sorry if you feel a type of way that white people in this country have more extensive hate rap sheet than others in this country. I don't blame you for not wanting to acknowledge it....it is what it is though

The first thing that you should stop doing is referring to anyone with lighter colored skin as "white people". It is an all-inclusive racially charged term. My skin is olive colored, not white.

Yeah ok

See, we can't be allowed to just see everyone as "people" , because that would eliminate the concept of pride in one's heritage, ( what ever the hell that's suppose to mean ) , but if we DO point out differences, black, asian, latino, THEN that makes us racist.

It's a no win scenario.

Responding to who?

It's a no win scenario.

Responding to who?

PT's post, which is directly above mine. But also just a general comment as well.

You don't know what pride of one's heritage means? And when have you been accused of being racist for pointing out a difference?

Weegle777....back to your question in your OP......what do you think the answer is? Looks to me like the thread has deteriorated into a a racial discussion rather than what we are doing about racism. Wonder why?

You don't know what pride of one's heritage means? And when have you been accused of being racist for pointing out a difference?

Taking credit for things you had no role in seems pretty silly. And again, I was speaking in a general sense. This whole bull**** talk about "race" is pointless.

We're all just folk. Not latino people, not black people, not white people, not gay people, just... people.

Weegle777....back to your question in your OP......what do you think the answer is? Looks to me like the thread has deteriorated into a a racial discussion rather than what we are doing about racism. Wonder why?

Read the thread. You wouldn't have to wonder. I'm just surprised you didn't start it

Raptor.....even bammers? :dunno:

They were people before they jointed that inbred cult, so yes.

Taking credit for things you had no role in seems pretty silly. And again, I was speaking in a general sense. This whole bull**** talk about "race" is pointless.

We're all just folk. Not latino people, not black people, not white people, not gay people, just... people.

Don't understand the first part but I agree whole heartedly with your second part. Hence me saying everybody should be treated the same

I figured that it would. I believe the answer is to get our faces out of news websites that are nothing more than propaganda machines, stop watching network news which does the same, get out of the house and start being social again (get to know our neighbors, talk to people in grocery stores, etc.), stop listening to people that promote division, be an example, stop teaching children that we are all different because of the millimeter of pigmented skin that we all have, and just love people for who they are. These things have the potential to change our culture if people would just do them.

But, the problem is that too many people in this country don't want this, because this country is filled with people who have to have a cause to protest for, who constantly preach that others are oppressed, and constantly complain that they are being held down by others when there are TONS of resources out there for education and skills building if those that complain would just put forth a little effort.

I would suggest today people who actually are victims of racism has racism itself to blame as more of a cause of division than a protest against racism....Smh. And when someone demands equality doesn't equate to asking for a handout. I've never asked anybody for anything but I demand to be treated like any other man

If I could understand that sentence I may or may not agree.

You're doing your usual, don't lie you know you wouldn't agree. You're in a hole mode

If I could understand that sentence I may or may not agree.

You're doing your usual, don't lie you know you wouldn't agree. You're in a hole mode

Exactly! When you deny there is a problem or, wish to ignore the problem or, you point to the racism of those who are the oppressed,,,,,,

I would suggest today people who actually are victims of racism has racism itself to blame as more of a cause of division than a protest against racism....Smh. And when someone demands equality doesn't equate to asking for a handout. I've never asked anybody for anything but I demand to be treated like any other man

Ok. Then instead of further promotion of division by blaming racism, why not rise above it and succeed? Take Rosa Parks. She refused to be defined by a skin color. She rose above the hate and became a successful woman.

Yeah that's easy for you to say but there are people who's name we don't know that was killed for less. Like I said it easy for people who don't get persecuted to sit back and say take a little more. I don't want my children to have to experience what I've went through, I'd rather they experience life the way I saw some friends in private school and friends that went to Bob Jones experience it...

Then what do you want? If I say, try to be an example, you say, "you don't know what we go through." If I say, "racism isn't that big of a deal." You say, "you need to do more!" This proves my point. It's ALL about a cause and desiring no solution because the crutch would go away and no one could be blamed.

Archived