Woman plans to marry her father

TitanTiger

This is wacked up. However i refuse to let it raise my blood pressure. It doesn't happen that much, I hope.

YET

You think there's going to be a sudden rash of incest in this country?

IDK. What prevents it? Morality is kind of out the window by many accounts. And then of course there is the law......wait!

Our instinctual revulsion tends to play a role.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Jersey actually, Quietfan, and only on a technicality.

I was going on this, https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Nick_Saban : "Saban was born in Fairmont, West Virginia,"

But then, Wikipedia...? I wouldn't vouch for its accuracy any more than I would swear to a single sentence out of Nicky's mouth. ;):big:

This is wacked up. However i refuse to let it raise my blood pressure. It doesn't happen that much, I hope.

YET

You think there's going to be a sudden rash of incest in this country?

IDK. What prevents it? Morality is kind of out the window by many accounts. And then of course there is the law......wait!

Our instinctual revulsion tends to play a role.

Indeed!

Ok Ben, the question has to be asked. Why do you know so much about incest laws across the country? (I promise, nothing impled by this question)

No offense taken. I'm a decent Google jockey and this isn't the first time we've discussed this case.

So, this is the next conservative bogeyman, I presume? Rampant incest as a direct result of two consenting adults being allowed to file joint tax returns? I wonder how we're going to get around to solving actual problems with all these imaginary ones to occupy our time.

So, this is the next conservative bogeyman, I presume? Rampant incest as a direct result of two consenting adults being allowed to file joint tax returns? I wonder how we're going to get around to solving actual problems with all these imaginary ones to occupy our time.

Just so we're clear, you see no problem in a daughter marrying her father , correct?

Just so we're clear, you see no problem in a daughter marrying her father , correct?

Negatory. I have more faith in my fellow man than to expect this to become an epidemic, or anything close.

I think he sees the same problem every one with a functioning brain sees. He is not blaming same-sex marriage for inbreeding.

I don't know about "bogeyman", but I do think it's just another example of a slavish devotion to our sexual appetites. Just another example of the current moral philosophy where consent is the sole criterion of the good.

I don't know about "bogeyman", but I do think it's just another example of a slavish devotion to our sexual appetites. Just another example of the current moral philosophy where consent is the sole criterion of the good.

America isn't a nation of libertines. Heck, we libertarians aren't even libertines, at least not most of us. I don't think its suddenly become acceptable by large swaths of people to engage in risky and/or deviant behavior. The optimist in me thinks- perhaps- wishfully- that instead we're coming to a societal understanding that moral suasion and social ostracism are perhaps better ways of convincing others than laws, at least to the extent that such behavior is harming no one else.

Negatory. I have more faith in my fellow man than to expect this to become an epidemic, or anything close.

So what defines an epidemic ? 10? 50 ? 1000 such unions ?

As long as it stays in single digits, that's cool ?

Perhaps you are more "liberal" than you know? Or at least, more big government than you care to believe.

More likely, you have stumbled upon a paradox that reveals ideological idiocy.

So why would this be an epidemic, even it did say reach into 10k numbers? Who gets to choose its gross or wrong, moral, immoral? It's two people who love each other and want to be married. They should have equal rights. I don't see how that is not just as valid as two men getting married. No matter if it was just 2 people or 10,000. So if only 2 people were gay, you don't think they should be able to marry?

(need a sarcasim emoji) Duh... the gov't decides, just like taxes. How much is a "fair share"? 10%? 50% ? 90%?

I need a shower after reading this. :slapfh:/>

...in rubbing alcohol.

I just don't get people. Folks just keep getting weirder and weirder by the day. You got girls wanting to marry their fathers, 'free love' polyamorists where 2 dudes and 3 women all live together and bed-hop, open "marriages", otherkin, transsexuals, transabled, transracial.

It's like there's a whole segment of society consumed with the desire to be their own special snowflake by any means possible.

I need a shower after reading this. :slapfh:/>

...in rubbing alcohol.

I just don't get people. Folks just keep getting weirder and weirder by the day. You got girls wanting to marry their fathers, 'free love' polyamorists where 2 dudes and 3 women all live together and bed-hop, open "marriages", otherkin, transsexuals, transabled, transracial.

It's like there's a whole segment of society consumed with the desire to be their own special snowflake by any means possible.

Amen. And compounded daily...

THE WORLD IS ON FIRE! THE WORLD IS ON FIRE!

This here country is a regular Sadam an Gumoru.

Well, I didn't say that either. Some of the stuff like "otherkin" is morally neutral (to an extent), just strange. It's just that it feels like society is losing its mind.

Archived