Woman plans to marry her father

TitanTiger

LOVE is LOVE! ;)

No, that is not so.

Just quoting what I've see since the ruling on Friday. ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE is LOVE! ;)

No, that is not so.

Just quoting what I've see since the ruling on Friday. ;)

Sorry, I thought you were endorsing and perpetuating the message.

I just don't get people. Folks just keep getting weirder and weirder by the day. You got girls wanting to marry their fathers, 'free love' polyamorists where 2 dudes and 3 women all live together and bed-hop, open "marriages", otherkin, transsexuals, transabled, transracial.

I'm pretty sure some segment of the population has had those same proclivities since the beginning of time. Morally correct or not by whatever standard, it's hardly new. And I see no reason to believe the percentage of the population with such feelings has changed significantly over the millennia.

If we suddenly outlawed traditional heterosexuality between consenting adults, I don't think that would have any effect on the number of humans with heterosexual orientation or desires. If we suddenly legalized any and every form of sexual bonding between consenting adults, I don't think that would have any substantial effect on the percentage who were homosexual, bisexual, transsexual, or drawn to incest, polyamory, open relationships, etc. I don't believe legislating sexual mores can change innate sexuality or psychological orientation.

Hence my lack of panic or sudden appall.

I just don't get people. Folks just keep getting weirder and weirder by the day. You got girls wanting to marry their fathers, 'free love' polyamorists where 2 dudes and 3 women all live together and bed-hop, open "marriages", otherkin, transsexuals, transabled, transracial.

I'm pretty sure some segment of the population has had those same proclivities since the beginning of time. Morally correct or not by whatever standard, it's hardly new. And I see no reason to believe the percentage of the population with such feelings has changed significantly over the millennia.

If we suddenly outlawed traditional heterosexuality between consenting adults, I don't think that would have any effect on the number of humans with heterosexual orientation or desires. If we suddenly legalized any and every form of sexual bonding between consenting adults, I don't think that would have any substantial effect on the percentage who were homosexual, bisexual, transsexual, or drawn to incest, polyamory, open relationships, etc. I don't believe legislating sexual mores can change innate sexuality or psychological orientation.

exactly

I'm not panicking. It's mostly observation. We used to have a common moral vocabulary that had the wherewithal to call something for what it was - weird, deviant, perverted, strange, etc. And we used to be able to say without fear of being considered mean or unkind that such people need help and to be set on a better path. Even if we didn't nose into what they did privately and took a passive stance on things done out of the public eye, we certainly didn't start positively affirming it - enshrining it as good and just another choice among equal other choices.

Now everyone has to be assured of their okayness lest they feel 'judged.'

Conservative sarcasm is suddenly, fear, panic and the world is burning. Damn, I need one of you libbies to send me your playbook. ;D

This is wacked up. However i refuse to let it raise my blood pressure. It doesn't happen that much, I hope.

YET

You think there's going to be a sudden rash of incest in this country?

IDK. What prevents it? Morality is kind of out the window by many accounts. And then of course there is the law......wait!

Our instinctual revulsion tends to play a role.

Apparently, 78 is unaware of such instincts. :dunno:

Conservative sarcasm is suddenly, fear, panic and the world is burning. Damn, I need one of you libbies to send me your playbook. ;D

Actually, the Leftists are the ones who perfected the chicken little routine.

'Save the world before it's too late:' Robert Redford addresses UN urging leaders to take immediate action on climate change

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3144089/Save-world-s-late-Robert-Redford-addresses-urging-leaders-immediate-action-climate-change.html#ixzz3eabIA4a6

This is wacked up. However i refuse to let it raise my blood pressure. It doesn't happen that much, I hope.

YET

You think there's going to be a sudden rash of incest in this country?

IDK. What prevents it? Morality is kind of out the window by many accounts. And then of course there is the law......wait!

Our instinctual revulsion tends to play a role.

Apparently, 78 is unaware of such instincts. :dunno:

You got me Homey. I had no clue. :-\

Actually, the Leftists are the ones who perfected the chicken little routine.

'Save the world before it's too late:' Robert Redford addresses UN urging leaders to take immediate action on climate change

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3eabIA4a6

Said the 'Behind The Curve' poster child. :rolleyes:

Climate change is still a debate. Climate change is happening, but there is no proof that it is man-made. But it is the leftists, who say, that global warming is happening, men are causing it and we’ve got to do something to avert some catastrophic something happening. That it's a done deal. Science is never settled.

Probably need to follow the money or an agenda. Most of the big climate change people that get on media have one of the two,even the scientists.

All these, hollywood alarmist(dont have to be just hollywood, see AL GORE), if they really believe we are killing ourselves/human kind, why don't they sell all their mansions, big cars, jets, flying, etc... they produce a much larger carbon footprint than most people would in a lifetime. But whats good for everyone else shouldn't apply to them right, much like our government does (doesn't matter which party). The gov't just wants to push it so they can bring on more taxes or dictate how companies operate.

I personally believe man-made global warming, oh wait, I mean climate change is so small of a percentage that it doesn't make a difference. But I am not saying I am 100% correct and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong and needs to be quite and follow what I say. I believe that big yellow ball in the sky has much more to do with climate change. And just because I believe this doesn't mean I have my head in the sand or behind the curve.

Climate change is still a debate. Climate change is happening, but there is no proof that it is man-made. But it is the leftists, who say, that global warming is happening, men are causing it and we’ve got to do something to avert some catastrophic something happening. That it's a done deal. Science is never settled.

Probably need to follow the money or an agenda. Most of the big climate change people that get on media have one of the two,even the scientists.

All these, hollywood alarmist(dont have to be just hollywood, see AL GORE), if they really believe we are killing ourselves/human kind, why don't they sell all their mansions, big cars, jets, flying, etc... they produce a much larger carbon footprint than most people would in a lifetime. But whats good for everyone else shouldn't apply to them right, much like our government does (doesn't matter which party). The gov't just wants to push it so they can bring on more taxes or dictate how companies operate.

I personally believe man-made global warming, oh wait, I mean climate change is so small of a percentage that it doesn't make a difference. But I am not saying I am 100% correct and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong and needs to be quite and follow what I say. I believe that big yellow ball in the sky has much more to do with climate change. And just because I believe this doesn't mean I have my head in the sand or behind the curve.

I pretty much stopped at "AL GORE"......

But it's comforting to know that you personally reject what the (global) scientific community tells us. I am sure you know better than they do. :-\

Archived