2015 Media Guide Cover

RunInRed

Yep, seems like shortly after kindergarten and sometime before playboy.... :no:/> most learnt to not judge a book by it's cover.

The entire thread is specifically about the book's cover. The word "cover" is in the subject heading.

OK....so stay on the subject and tell us what you think about the cover....and is there any reason the cover of a media guide should be so important?

If you don't think the cover of a media guide is important enough for people to have opinions about it, then maybe you should complain to the person who started a thread on it on a website that exists for the sole purpose of people offering their opinions on things. Or, ya know, not click on and post in said thread.

By the way, various Auburn beat guys and bloggers were dissecting this before we were here, so chimes isn't the only person taking it seriously.

But sure, I'll get y'all back on topic. If they are gonna put the coaches on the cover, they sure picked some terrible photos. Lashlee looks like a poor man's Dabo Swinney in that photo. Muschamp, who is one of the most photographable coaches in football, looks like he decided to see if he can still fit in his favorite sweats from high school. Gus's pic is fine. The graphics are boring. The colors are fine. It doesn't make much of an impression on me.

Yep, seems like shortly after kindergarten and sometime before playboy.... :no:/> most learnt to not judge a book by it's cover.

The entire thread is specifically about the book's cover. The word "cover" is in the subject heading.

OK....so stay on the subject and tell us what you think about the cover....and is there any reason the cover of a media guide should be so important?

If you don't think the cover of a media guide is important enough for people to have opinions about it, then maybe you should complain to the person who started a thread on it on a website that exists for the sole purpose of people offering their opinions on things. Or, ya know, not click on and post in said thread.

By the way, various Auburn beat guys and bloggers were dissecting this before we were here, so chimes isn't the only person taking it seriously.

Much appreciated.

Alabama has the most iconic coach in the game right now and he's nowhere to be found on their media guide. You know who is? The players...seniors to be more specific. God I hate that team but their media department absolutely destroys ours on a regular basis.

All the media guide covers are pretty bad, if you ask me. But I clicked on your comparison link and saw Bama's cover this year. Do you seriously like those glamour shots? I think they look ridiculous. The one that was actually coolest, to me, was Arky's, with the pic of their entire starting OL. It's not the greatest picture, but they sure are staying on brand message.

Back to our cover, I basically agree with those saying that the coaches are our brand at this point. However, I also agree that the cover is not perfect, unless the whole point is for CGM to stand out.

I also don't get why the words, especially the word LARGEST, dwarf the largest video board in college football on the inside cover. Why make it look so damn small?!

Alabama has the most iconic coach in the game right now and he's nowhere to be found on their media guide. You know who is? The players...seniors to be more specific. God I hate that team but their media department absolutely destroys ours on a regular basis.

All the media guide covers are pretty bad, if you ask me. But I clicked on your comparison link and saw Bama's cover this year. Do you seriously like those glamour shots? I think they look ridiculous. The one that was actually coolest, to me, was Arky's, with the pic of their entire starting OL. It's not the greatest picture, but they sure are staying on brand message.

Back to our cover, I basically agree with those saying that the coaches are our brand at this point. However, I also agree that the cover is not perfect, unless the whole point is for CGM to stand out.

I also don't get why the words, especially the word LARGEST, dwarf the largest video board in college football on the inside cover. Why make it look so damn small?!

I did like Alabama's and agree that Arkansas had the best cover. I think if we were to follow a template it'd be Alabama's. Multiple covers with different groups of seniors/stars. Are y'all really telling me that you'd rather see a huge shot of the side of Gus' head, Rhett freaking Lashlee and a disheveled Muschamp gracing the cover than multiple covers featuring Jeremy Johnson with Duke Williams or Lawson with Cowart or Roc with Jovon or J. Jones with Ford etc...?

And to those who said we don't have any well known players and "our coaches are our brand"...seriously? Outside of Ohio State we probably have a more star studded roster than anyone in the country. Jeremy Johnson is a pre season heisman candidate. J. Jones and Duke are both preseason All SEC. We have 2 senior linebackers who could end up being some of the best in the country. Stars all over both lines. Y'all ever heard of Saban, Richt, Miles, Sumlin...etc? Those coaches are just as much, if not more, of a brand than our coaches and they're nowhere to be found. That argument is baseless and lazy.

And to those saying it's just a media guide, I agree. It's just a media guide. The only reason I'm posting so much about it is because I'm constantly being forced to defend my stance that it's a crappy media guide cover. In the big picture, it is not a big deal. I just get tired of our media/propaganda dept crapping the bed on a regular basis.

I hate the Bama cover, but not because it has players on it. That's fine. The pink clouds surrounding them make it look like the cover of a bodice-ripper. With Fabio as Coach Nick Saban .... LOL

Blueridge knows why

#Sayless

I don't care who they stick on the the front or back. At the end of the day it's just a media guide and all that matters is on the field. My point was only would be nice if the media was a little creative but hey....no big deal. Just win!!!

Archived