2016 4* ILB Rahshaun Smith

aucanucktiger

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to think we would win his services over maryland.....

surprisingly, the last 7 CBs name Maryland, which has me thinking what????

Other teams are not waiting around to get those 4 & 5 * guys. What are we waiting for.

For Mikey to give Lance and Will his approval on who to recruit. He should be calling you later this week.

^^This^^

Every year I tell 'em what four LB's to sign, every year we're lucky if they get even one. They've already messed up on two this year. Good help is hard to find these days, so what's a poor boy to do?

Two? Lamar is the only one I can think of. The kid from TN was going there once his brother was hired. Not much you can do about that.

You might've answered this elsewhere, but do you think we're legitimately still in it for this guy?

Oh ya. We are very much in it.

He is not from Florida. He transferred to IMG from a high school in Baltimore. So it isn't an anomaly that he is showing interest in his state's school. Much like Diggs did which has been pointed out.

He is not from Florida. He transferred to IMG from a high school in Baltimore. So it isn't an anomaly that he is showing interest in his state's school. Much like Diggs did which has been pointed out.

That's interesting. He's certainly got an educated opinion on attending school far from home.

Can't believe #1 ILB would become a Terp.

It's happened before, and to us...Stefon Diggs!

and how has that worked out for him? Went from being a hight touted WR prospect to a relatively irrelevant player in the B1G, although still probably the best player on Maryland's team.

and how has that worked out for him? Went from being a hight touted WR prospect to a relatively irrelevant player in the B1G, although still probably the best player on Maryland's team.

Well he's on a NFL roster (Vikings) so it worked well I assume. Now you could try to argue a higher draft status, but thats not confirmable. There have been high recruiting prospects that signed with us that didn't accomplish what SD did (Trovon Reed).

He was injury prone and I remember that he served a small suspension for whatever reason. He still did fairly well though. I doubt his collegiate career made him regret not coming to Auburn.

Well he's on a NFL roster (Vikings) so it worked well I assume. Now you could try to argue a higher draft status, but thats not confirmable. There have been high recruiting prospects that signed with us that didn't accomplish what SD did (Trovon Reed).

TR is in NFL training camp as a CB.

He was injury prone and I remember that he served a small suspension for whatever reason. He still did fairly well though. I doubt his collegiate career made him regret not coming to Auburn.

I just think it is usually best to go to a high profile school where you can garner the most attention and play against the best talent CFB has to offer, unless a recruit plans on doing something other than the NFL, then which case going to a school with the best education should be high on the list of priorities.

I just think it is usually best to go to a high profile school where you can garner the most attention and play against the best talent CFB has to offer, unless a recruit plans on doing something other than the NFL, then which case going to a school with the best education should be high on the list of priorities.

I think the importance of playing for his home state school just carried more weight for him than all the other good reasons not to play for Maryland. Some players make it work regardless though. Remember Larry Fitzgerald at Pittsburgh?

I think the importance of playing for his home state school just carried more weight for him than all the other good reasons not to play for Maryland. Some players make it work regardless though. Remember Larry Fitzgerald at Pittsburgh?

Yea, he was pretty good.

Yea, he was pretty good.

Understatement of the year.

We have done well in the past with flipping commits from Clemson to the right team. Auburn is light years better than Clemson. We should be able to raid their commits with ease.

Archived