2016 4* ILB Rahshaun Smith

aucanucktiger

To be fair, the role Cas played wasn't there prior to Muschamp.

True but the role Cas played wasn't exactly in the Muschamp package as he moved Cas around as a pass rusher. I saw him rushing from inside and outside even when Lawson was in playing the role as DE with hand up who could rush or play coverage. Muschamp or Lawson adjusted Defense when they saw what they had with Cas. My point was Cas had skills that needed to be used and they found a way to do it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely true that Ellis said in 2014 that McKinzy was his best pass rusher, but he never really adjusted his alignment to take advantage of that skill, even with our anemic pass rush. Cass should've been given the opportunity to rush more often even dating back to VanGorder. One of Muschamp's best skills is adjusting to his talent. That's why we were running a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 at the end of the season. It wasn't ideal, but Ford at Nickel with Frost, Williams, and McKinzy all on the field was our best personnel grouping. So, more often than not, that's what we used.

Tre Williams was the best LB on the team by the end of the year. If he continues to develop as he has his first two seasons, he's going to be very, very good. The "if" is mostly in his court because I very seriously doubt Thompson is going anywhere (no matter who the DC is)... so Tre is going to have pretty consistent position coaching, which was always Tuberville's strategy to have continuity. Change coordinators, even systems, but keep position coaches in place.

True but the role Cas played wasn't exactly in the Muschamp package as he moved Cas around as a pass rusher. I saw him rushing from inside and outside even when Lawson was in playing the role as DE with hand up who could rush or play coverage. Muschamp or Lawson adjusted Defense when they saw what they had with Cas. My point was Cas had skills that needed to be used and they found a way to do it.

Watch Cass be an awesome linebacker if drafted by a team that runs a 3-4....

Watch Cass be an awesome linebacker if drafted by a team that runs a 3-4....

No doubt Cas has some skills on the right team he could be a player on the wrong team he might be a special team player for a year or two and then be gone. Cas has strengths and weaknesses as do most players. He needs to be on a team where his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Sad thing is I heard all in, saw orange and got excited for Auburn... Til I remembered the Dabo stole our thing.

Tre Threat, he's our man... if he can't do it?

Literally... no one can.

LOL

I now has sadz.

I guess it's about time to run a 5-1-5 defense lol

Well dang. I hope SC only gets 1 and 2 * commits.

They just added Calvin Ridley's brother Cavin (WR) today too. A lot of the Alabama guys said he was a lock. With the recruiters they have on staff I doubt that'll happen

Well dang. I hope SC only gets 1 and 2 * commits.

They just added Calvin Ridley's brother Cavin (WR) today too. A lot of the Alabama guys said he was a lock. With the recruiters they have on staff I doubt that'll happen

yes they did

Sad thing is I heard all in, saw orange and got excited for Auburn... Til I remembered the Dabo stole our thing.

Actually....CGC stole it from Dabo. The "All In" started in 2009 at Clemson. Just saying.

Archived