Did anyone notice this?

vatz22au

Seemed like everytime an auburn player was under a pile, their eyes would be poked...Carnell first, Mix second...and some others. Is this why ALOT more players on auburn's team were wearing visors this game?? I heard it had to do with something about some past VTech game where this was also a problem.

Hell Mix had a visor and STILL GOT POKED IN THE EYES....now cmon guys, you cant do that by accident....

Just really ticked me off to see my players gettin cheap shots like that :angry:

Yeah I have always like Virginia Techs coach But those were just some cheap shots! I guess they were trying to find some way to win but it sure didn't work!!!!!!!

WDE!

13-0

Nation Champions baby!

I especially liked where Courtney Taylor caught that long pass...right pass the Vtech DB....and he slapped Taylor...then got back up, and pushed him. What kind of trash is that crap???? Does this db slap and push every player who catches a pass on him?

I agree that the refs did not control the "post play" contact well enough. Regarding the eye troubles, the type of turf on which they were playing is softened by millions of small rubber pellets. When my son played on similar turf in a Jr. High game in the fall, he had the pellets get in his eyes twice.

The eye protectors help keep it out of the players' eyes, but some still get it in their eyes, especially when tackled face down. Linemen often have quite a bit of problem with it when they end up on the bottom of piles.

But yes, it was a hard fought and at times dirty game.

But AU won! War Eagle

On one play I saw a VT player clearly grab and twist Ronnie Browns leg after he was down. RB jumped up and got in the officials face for not doing anything. Very dirty play on the part of VT which reflects poorly on Beamer, whom I respected.

I saw time after time where a VT player used the helmet of one of our guys to push himself up off the ground.

And the cheap shot on Anthony Mix when he was clearly out of bounds, yet the refs did nothing...come on...VT officially lost all my respect...

Yea but the Very Moment we try to do something like that, which we don't, the Refs would've thrown the yeller hanky......That Long Haired, Cheap Shot, Piece of Crap....Number 1 did it on every other play, should've been thrown out.....I guess if we didn't complete a Long pass on him or Long run he wouldn't have done it.....Glad he was still on the field, HAHAHA.....Poking the Eyes, Twisting of Legs, Punching of our guys Heads....and The Spear by who else No. 1....Shows how much Class, or Lackthereof, that Coach Beam has installed into his players. It was almost like....Guys, if they get a big play on ya Punch, Poke, Twist, Step on their hands, Spear 'em....try to take 'em out, so we can win.....Didn't work Hokies, we are the Victors. Also, it seamed like the Refs would get mad at our guys for pointing all this stuff out for them....Anyway, WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

Penalize the Big 10 refs. I know the white hat was retiring after this game.

Heck, they have instant replay.

Those refs didn't even call a personal foul.

Punching in the head, poking in the eyes

Some of the players didn't have any class

Randall had alot of class

Archived