The Perfect Storm just hit us!

TigerfanKM

Well the storm just got more perfect with Duke being gone.

Not that he has done anything for us this year. He has been in the doghouse since the bowl game. Rumors last year was he wasn't a team player. I'm surprised he didn't go to the draft after last year.

Not that he has done anything for us this year. He has been in the doghouse since the bowl game. Rumors last year was he wasn't a team player. I'm surprised he didn't go to the draft after last year.

He should have but

Well, if he wasn't a team player, that may have been part of the "locker room rumors" that had the team players upset. Maybe now they can play as a team and not worry about a prima donna attitude. Hopefully an improved locker room attitude will result in improved performance on the field. Me personally, would love to see Melvin Ray used more in the Duke role and I think he has the right work ethic to be as successful as Duke was last year.

Let's look at some history:

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2013 SEC Champs & NC Game

2014 8-5

2015 ?

If history keeps repeating, we should only win 1 more game this year. But next year.....

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! :laugh:/>

That pattern is still better than UGA's 10-2, 10-2, 10-2 IMO.

Not sure they went exactly 10-2 the past 3 years but they seem to always hover around that and get no type of championship for racking up all those wins.

UGA

2010: 6-7

2011: 10-4

2012: 12-2

2013: 8-5

2014: 10-3

I liked our Championship runs but, other than in 2010 starting a RS freshman QB, UGA hasn't won less than 8 games since 1996. I would love that kind of consistency

Let's go play in the SEC East then..

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

If history keeps repeating, we should only win 1 more game this year. But next year.....

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! :laugh:

Not sure they went exactly 10-2 the past 3 years but they seem to always hover around that and get no type of championship for racking up all those wins.

UGA

I liked our Championship runs but, other than in 2010 starting a RS freshman QB, UGA hasn't won less than 8 games since 1996. I would love that kind of consistency

The consistency under Tubs for the most part was fun. We felt we could win every game we played. But the inconsistent era starting with Chiz onward it feels like the championship seasons are amazing and the duds are amazingly terrible. But the championships will forever be there and is the sole reason to play the game. I never thought I'd see a national championship at AU as I was growing up to be honest and I'd gladly trade an awful season for a championship in the grand scheme of things. JMO though. I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting consistency, who doesn't love consistently good teams? I just think it's worth it in the long run to trade a crappy year for a championship year when looking at the big picture.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

UGA

Let's go play in the SEC East then..

You can have it in the west too. Look no further than across the state.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! :laugh:

UGA

The consistency under Tubs for the most part was fun. We felt we could win every game we played. But the inconsistent era starting with Chiz onward it feels like the championship seasons are amazing and the duds are amazingly terrible. But the championships will forever be there and is the sole reason to play the game. I never thought I'd see a national championship at AU as I was growing up to be honest and I'd gladly trade an awful season for a championship in the grand scheme of things. JMO though. I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting consistency, who doesn't love consistently good teams? I just think it's worth it in the long run to trade a crappy year for a championship year when looking at the big picture.

I'm saying we should be able to have both. It just makes sense that if you are winning more consistently then your chance of a championship improve.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

UGA

I'm saying we should be able to have both. It just makes sense that if you are winning more consistently then your chance of a championship improve.

Without a doubt. But unfortunately we haven't been able to do that so I was just approaching it from an either/or standpoint.

2010 National Champs

2011 8-5

2012 3-9

2014 8-5

2015 ?

Factor in a coaching change according to your logic.

Archived