Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

Per Al.com

Duke and JJ were roommates...wasn't aware if true. May be some of the issues with JJ as well? Sure would explain a lot.

I've wondered that.

Well, maybe we've cracked the case?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pretty good article explaining the events at the bar. Evidently Tony Stevens and Shon Coleman were both there and both tried to calm down Duke. The article does not mention XD so evidently his jaw did not get broke at the bar.

I'd say that paints a very descriptive picture there and answers a lot of questions.

It sure does. The depiction given in that article doesn't even remotely resemble the way the I had it made out to be in my mind (I wasn't there so I don't know why I would pretend to know what happened, LOL).

The first news item was a basic sports hack story from al.com....no research....saw that Duke hit 4 people in a bar dispute.....and off he went with his story....."4 people plus Duke...must have almost been a riot...but rampage sounds better and is sure the attract the bammers who look for anything Auburn related"...."none of them care about the details or even about accuracy...just important that I'm the first one with the story to get hits on my article"

Not to minimize the event....but when did any of the al.com hacks worry about getting the details right?

An inaccurate story written about an auburn player by a UAT leaning newspaper, makes perfect sense.

Here is a pretty good article explaining the events at the bar. Evidently Tony Stevens and Shon Coleman were both there and both tried to calm down Duke. The article does not mention XD so evidently his jaw did not get broke at the bar.

So how and where did the jaw get broken?

The theory of some is that it got broke at practice in a separate incident involving Duke.

I'd say that paints a very descriptive picture there and answers a lot of questions.

It sure does. The depiction given in that article doesn't even remotely resemble the way the I had it made out to be in my mind (I wasn't there so I don't know why I would pretend to know what happened, LOL).

The first news item was a basic sports hack story from al.com....no research....saw that Duke hit 4 people in a bar dispute.....and off he went with his story....."4 people plus Duke...must have almost been a riot...but rampage sounds better and is sure the attract the bammers who look for anything Auburn related"...."none of them care about the details or even about accuracy...just important that I'm the first one with the story to get hits on my article"

Not to minimize the event....but when did any of the al.com hacks worry about getting the details right?

An inaccurate story written about an auburn player by a UAT leaning newspaper, makes perfect sense.

while inaccurate, it wasn't so far off that it trashed a good man's name. To me the latest story is just as bad.

That article really didn't sound like anything too bad happened...

yes the bar incident was not too bad, but add to that he dwcked a teammate at practice the next day and you have a madman. If this was any other player or even if duke don't hit x we would not have heard about it.

The theory of some is that it got broke at practice in a separate incident involving Duke.

So the bar incident may have nothing to do with the dismissal. A fight on Sunday or Monday resulted in Dampier's jaw being broke and Williams is kicked off the team Monday night?

Doesn't matter how it sounds. He was put under strict rules that he was not to be getting in trouble. He did, so he's gone.

I think the meaning was that there were no weapons or drugs or crablegs involved - no actual crimes to report in the original story. I don't think anyone is second-guessing the decision to drop him from the team.

Doesn't matter how it sounds. He was put under strict rules that he was not to be getting in trouble. He did, so he's gone.

I think the meaning was that there were no weapons or drugs or crablegs involved - no actual crimes to report in the original story. I don't think anyone is second-guessing the decision to drop him from the team.

I didn't read the recent article, but I did read here or elsewhere that one of the people he hit said they wouldn't press charges as long as the football team punished him. So he likely could have been charged with assault by at least one person, IIRC.

This. I'm relieved for Duke's sake it wasn't more. I know it was foolish and his last strike but the talk made it sound like he went all Rhonda Rousey on some dudes at a bar.

I didn't read the recent article, but I did read here or elsewhere that one of the people he hit said they wouldn't press charges as long as the football team punished him. So he likely could have been charged with assault by at least one person, IIRC.

the bar owner says police were not even called. Said he threw a couple punches no damage.

the bar owner says police were not even called. Said he threw a couple punches no damage.

yeah, it sounded more like flailing than anything.

Yeah, well, OK. Read the most recent article - an interview with the manager of the club. The interview with the club owner(?) made it seem that no one on the staff was injured and that they didn't think it was a big deal. I doubt they would have pressed charges if nobody was injured and there was no property damage. Fistfights are not uncommon and this is not a major AU blackeye, just another distraction for a team that sucks right now and doesn't need any distractions.

This. I'm relieved for Duke's sake it wasn't more. I know it was foolish and his last strike but the talk made it sound like he went all Rhonda Rousey on some dudes at a bar.

More like Rampage Jackson...

So the bar incident may have nothing to do with the dismissal. A fight on Sunday or Monday resulted in Dampier's jaw being broke and Williams is kicked off the team Monday night?

That very well could be it. Or it could be a combination of both.

Rhonda would make Rampage look like an idiot *shrug*

Your employer needs to give you a drug test.

30uwv81.jpg

Your employer needs to give you a drug test.

Florida's board of education doesn't have the money for those kind of test. Clearly I do jest though.

Does anyone know if his jaw was actually broken?

i think that is an assumption. He was checked out but that is all i got out of the flurry of info. I suspect he is ok.

while inaccurate, it wasn't so far off that it trashed a good man's name. To me the latest story is just as bad.

what good man's name was trashed? or did I misinterpret your comment?

Might not have been a "rampage" as noted, was about as bad....but drunk in a bar at 2 in the morning and having to be asked to leave twice, plus a bit of pushing and shoving with the owner and patrons. JMO but one episode of that type should have been enough to boot him...and the guys with him need to answer some questions too. .and the police not making a record of the event....sounds like the stuff we read about FSU and Bama....

Might not have been a "rampage" as noted, was about as bad....but drunk in a bar at 2 in the morning and having to be asked to leave twice, plus a bit of pushing and shoving with the owner and patrons. JMO but one episode of that type should have been enough to boot him...and the guys with him need to answer some questions too. .and the police not making a record of the event....sounds like the stuff we read about FSU and Bama....

Yes. I mean it didn't miss by that much.

how can the police make a record of an event that they were not even dispatched too? did u read the article?

Archived