Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

It's not race card crap to be honest. Places do things like this to influence who comes into/is allowed into the establishment. I have seen first hand from a "behind the scenes" viewpoint in cities all over the country do this. I know, I know I'm some random message board guy so take it how you may.

You've seen the inner workings of racist nightclubs all over the country? That's extremely unlikely. And if so, you're likely either the problem or the race baiter. I Used to see a lot of inner workings of night clubs around Bham and never saw any of it (other than dress code which isn't racist...it's about not letting in thugs of any color).

Lol the problem or the race baiter? I work in entertainment I get hired at clubs and similar type venues. I don't frequent them for fun nor do I look for trouble in them.

You dont have to agree with me I was just stating from my own personal experiences.

I particularly liked the if you seen it you're the problem or a race baiter...good stuff

Lol I wasn't sure where that came from

It's not race card crap to be honest. Places do things like this to influence who comes into/is allowed into the establishment. I have seen first hand from a "behind the scenes" viewpoint in cities all over the country do this. I know, I know I'm some random message board guy so take it how you may.

Bro I don't think you know what you're doing here

Just stating I didn't think it was a race card issue but Duke just acting like an idiot

To provide some context, cole gets accused of playing the race card, so he's suggesting you just disturbed a hornet's nest.

Ah gotcha haha thanks for filling me in. This is a funny place but I still love it or I wouldn't waste so much time here haha

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what happened to make etheridge say now that I know what REALLY happened I'd have done the same thing

Well, we have heard Skybar's version of the story, and he has likely heard Duke's version. And I'm guessing they're 2 very different versions. And we don't yet know if either are true.

Wonder what happened to make etheridge say now that I know what REALLY happened I'd have done the same thing

Well, we have heard Skybar's version of the story, and he has likely heard Duke's version. And I'm guessing they're 2 very different versions. And we don't yet know if either are true.

Yeah. By the wording of his statement he seemed pretty sure that what he heard was the the story that was the truth

This is a funny place but I still love it or I wouldn't waste so much time here haha

Well said, Tiger, as usual. Hah.

Just trying to get my post count up to your level sir! 4k!

wonder if he was taking Gus's side?

From what I gathered he was taking both. He said if be was Duke he'd done the same thing, then ended it saying he stands behind coach's decision as well. (Paraphrased a bit)

From what I gathered he was taking both. He said if be was Duke he'd done the same thing, then ended it saying he stands behind coach's decision as well. (Paraphrased a bit)

In other words, the mistake was made when he walked into the place.

duke used up all his " benefits of doubt" already. It's like the attendance policy most of us have at work. We get five emergency vacation days, with no questions asked, then you can be fired on your sixth unexcused absence. It really doesn't matter that your car broke down or you got the flu to push yourself out the door. It's the first nine or ten times you were hung over or decided to go fishing instead of going to work that you are being judged on.

You've seen the inner workings of racist nightclubs all over the country? That's extremely unlikely. And if so, you're likely either the problem or the race baiter. I Used to see a lot of inner workings of night clubs around Bham and never saw any of it (other than dress code which isn't racist...it's about not letting in thugs of any color).

Lol the problem or the race baiter? I work in entertainment I get hired at clubs and similar types of venues. I don't frequent them for fun nor do I look for trouble in them.

You dont have to agree with me I was just stating from my own personal experiences.

Ok. Maybe you're not a problem causer or race baiter. I apologize for implying that. What I meant to imply is that if you claim to see racism everywhere you go, it's usually a false perception of someone looking for a reason to claim racism. If it happens once in a blue moon, it may be true racism. If it's happening to you all the time, then it's likely being sought out. I assume you are not seeking it out yourself but maybe witnessing others seeking it out. I've been in clubs/bars all over and never once seen an intentionally racist policy. The policies are not to keep certain races out but to keep certain elements of all races out. I'm seriously doubting banning sunglasses in a club is meant to keep black people out. I've never noticed a large contingent of mostly black crowds wearing sunglasses in a bar. Again I am not implying that you yourself are looking for racism, but maybe witnessing the type of people that are. Sorry for the confusion. Hope that clarified it a little better.

duke used up all his " benefits of doubt" already. It's like the attendance policy most of us have at work. We get five emergency vacation days, with no questions asked, then you can be fired on your sixth unexcused absence. It really doesn't matter that your car broke down or you got the flu to push yourself out the door. It's the first nine or ten times you were hung over or decided to go fishing instead of going to work that you are being judged on.

Lol. I understand how you feel. I'm not trying to give anybody the benefit of doubt about anything. I would like to know what REALLY happened. Every time I speak about an idea about what happened it seems you take that as something else.

Lol the problem or the race baiter? I work in entertainment I get hired at clubs and similar types of venues. I don't frequent them for fun nor do I look for trouble in them.

Ok. Maybe you're not a problem causer or race baiter. I apologize for implying that. What I meant to imply is that if you claim to see racism everywhere you go, it's usually a false perception of someone looking for a reason to claim racism. If it happens once in a blue moon, it may be true racism. If it's happening to you all the time, then it's likely being sought out. I assume you are not seeking it out yourself but maybe witnessing others seeking it out. I've been in clubs/bars all over and never once seen an intentionally racist policy. The policies are not to keep certain races out but to keep certain elements of all races out. I'm seriously doubting banning sunglasses in a club is meant to keep black people out. I've never noticed a large contingent of mostly black crowds wearing sunglasses in a bar. Again I am not implying that you yourself are looking for racism, but maybe witnessing the type of people that are. Sorry for the confusion. Hope that clarified it a little better.

That's fair man no hard feelings. I meant from the establishment's POV. I personally have performed (noting this part because we directly interact with the staff at the venues) at some places that will allow sneakers but not Jordan brand sneakers. And it would be at a hip-hop show, go figure. Things like that was what I was alluding to. I understand that they want to keep certain elements of all races out, as a troublemaker can be any shape, size, and color but some places put rules in place that just seem like they are generalizing. I was just saying the idea isn't THAT far fetched that bars will have certain rules in place. Not all places obviously, just some I personally have encountered. I'd probably say there are more places that don't have these types of things going on by far. But the club scene is a weird dark underworld (more now than ever before) and I understand places wanting to monitor it closely but sometimes the rules seem like there's another underlying message. IDK about the sunglasses part but as far as Duke goes if what is reported is true, in that he punched 4 people and one of them being a regular patron, then his ass should've been kicked out immediately.

That's fair man no hard feelings. I meant from the establishment's POV. I personally have performed (noting this part because we directly interact with the staff at the venues) at some places that will allow sneakers but not Jordan brand sneakers. And it would be at a hip-hop show, go figure. Things like that was what I was alluding to. I understand that they want to keep certain elements of all races out, as a troublemaker can be any shape, size, and color but some places put rules in place that just seem like they are generalizing. I was just saying the idea isn't THAT far fetched that bars will have certain rules in place. Not all places obviously, just some I personally have encountered. I'd probably say there are more places that don't have these types of things going on by far. But the club scene is a weird dark underworld (more now than ever before) and I understand places wanting to monitor it closely but sometimes the rules seem like there's another underlying message. IDK about the sunglasses part but as far as Duke goes if what is reported is true, in that he punched 4 people and one of them being a regular patron, then his ass should've been kicked out immediately.

And by your point, keeping out Jordan's at a hip hop show certainly isn't based on race. I'd guess a certain crowd is big on Jordan's there or people maybe are getting robbed of their Jordan's? Hard to explain that one. Sure there are general rules and some rules apply more to certain races than others, but that doesn't necesssarily make the rule racist. I'm sure there some that are towards all races somewhere, but they are the exception not the rule. You seemed to imply that racism at clubs is rampant which I have obviously had very different experiences.

That said, the DW incident seemed to have little to do with race and more to do with entitlement IYAM.

And by your point, keeping out Jordan's at a hip hop show certainly isn't based on race. I'd guess a certain crowd is big on Jordan's there or people maybe are getting robbed of their Jordan's? Hard to explain that one. Sure there are general rules and some rules apply more to certain races than others, but that doesn't necesssarily make the rule racist. I'm sure there some that are towards all races somewhere, but they are the exception not the rule. You seemed to imply that racism at clubs is rampant which I have obviously had very different experiences.

That said, the DW incident seemed to have little to do with race and more to do with entitlement IYAM.

I didn't mean to imply it was rampant, but meant to say no matter the location it still happens. That is my fault. But yes we definitely agree on the Duke thing

Not sure how much of this story has come out, but I have a friend that is a bouncer at skybar. This is literally what he said on Facebook:

"It was (a bar fight) actually instigated by Duke. Has been just about every time he's gotten in trouble so far. While I was working at the bar, he started a huge fight at sky after his first game that got the whole team banned for about half the season. Duke is actually one of the most arrogant, indecent people I've probably ever met."

Not sure how much of this story has come out, but I have a friend that is a bouncer at skybar. This is literally what he said on Facebook:

"It was (a bar fight) actually instigated by Duke. Has been just about every time he's gotten in trouble so far. While I was working at the bar, he started a huge fight at sky after his first game that got the whole team banned for about half the season. Duke is actually one of the most arrogant, indecent people I've probably ever met."

And this surprises...........No one!

Yikes

Lol. I understand how you feel. I'm not trying to give anybody the benefit of doubt about anything. I would like to know what REALLY happened. Every time I speak about an idea about what happened it seems you take that as something else.

yes me too, out of curiousity we all would like to know the whole story. but if it seems he was justified (which punching 4 people is hard to justify), people will start to claim Auburn mistreated this poor kid who was defending himself or his friends by making him the scapegoat for the bad season. that is why i reiterate, not just to you but anyone reading, that he painted himself into a corner and used up all his second chances. I totally understand and support Gus but if Gus had not dismissed him but suspended him for a week and put him under lockdown the rest of the year i would have supported that too. I mean you have put up with this for 18 months or more, what is 2 more. But us not knowing is probably best for us. If you remove your best offensive player you desperately need, then you would think he had no choice.

I suspect that Gus had to do what he told Duke he was going to do the last time he got in trouble (in August). I assume Gus told Duke that he was on his last chance; and, if he got in trouble again, he was out. If that (or something to that effect) was the agreement between him and Duke, he had no choice but to follow through.

Skybar bouncers have a reputation for being jackasses in general. To everyone.

This. I was a bouncer at a downtown Auburn bar while in school. All the bouncers around town knew each other. We'd routinely let guys from other bars in without paying cover and give them cheap drinks throughout the night and, obviously, they'd return the favor. The skybar bouncers were the only guys who didn't reciprocate. The bartenders were ,generally speaking, fine but the bouncers were TPOS.

... And where can I find THIS account? Note I'm interested because ZE is a high character guy IMHO.

This. I was a bouncer at a downtown Auburn bar while in school. All the bouncers around town knew each other. We'd routinely let guys from other bars in without paying cover and give them cheap drinks throughout the night and, obviously, they'd return the favor. The skybar bouncers were the only guys who didn't reciprocate. The bartenders were ,generally speaking, fine but the bouncers were TPOS.

My friend from high school and roommate during part of my college experience pretty much said the same thing. Although I think he bounced at the highlands and skybar. Pretty sure they were owned by the same people. I was also friends with a girl that helped them with accounting part time. Also knew a guy that bounced at the Tigress.

Chimes were you in school during the early 2000s

Edit*** I got skybar and Deweys mixed up. Skybar used to be Bodegas? I can't remember now. These places change names so much.

Perhaps they were carefully watched? Maybe someone at skybar got canned for it. As a side note, entering a bar without paying cover is technically stealing. It seems silly to call someone trash for actually following the rules...

Either way, I've known this guy for several years. He is probably one of the most laid back bouncers I've even known.

yes me too, out of curiousity we all would like to know the whole story. but if it seems he was justified (which punching 4 people is hard to justify), people will start to claim Auburn mistreated this poor kid who was defending himself or his friends by making him the scapegoat for the bad season. that is why i reiterate, not just to you but anyone reading, that he painted himself into a corner and used up all his second chances. I totally understand and support Gus but if Gus had not dismissed him but suspended him for a week and put him under lockdown the rest of the year i would have supported that too. I mean you have put up with this for 18 months or more, what is 2 more. But us not knowing is probably best for us. If you remove your best offensive player you desperately need, then you would think he had no choice.

That's the intrigue of it to me. If he punched four people what happened that someone, a high character guy mind you, would say they would have had a similar reaction. Only scenario I can come up with is maybe whoever he was with was treated bad or maybe even punched and duke ran in to defend. That could explain why some are saying he instigated it because from afar he started fighting. Thus leading to the damn hate that it happened because defending a friend is noble but he doesn't have anymore strikes to give.....that's a theory

But I still stand beside the why are you at a club with two strikes theory. People are jealous. That in itself is a threat

Archived