Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

Al.com has come out with 2-3 more stories saying our back up center was hit by Duke and other stories which are very nastily slanted. WHEN WILL AUBURN REALIZE WHAT PART AL.COM MEDIA HAS IN THIS STATE AND BAR THEN FROM CAMPUS EVENTS? They are nothing but a REC mouthpiece and have become very slack about reporting truthful stories.

i only see one story. How is it slanted?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kids need to learn that wearing sunglasses at night is dumb, so I support the rule.

Oops, my age is showing lol

showing my age too

Artist: Corey Hart

Not the first time this has happen at Auburn. My best friend was a senior running back at AU on a blind date and the blind date was Phil Gargis x girlfriend.

Long story short Gargis shows up at the All American Inn and sucker punches my friend. I go to get his ass at the Inn to take to the hospital with a broken jaw and we head back to our apartment. Once I got him in bed I head to Sewell Hall to seek out sob Gargis lucky for me I run into Spence McCracken who had already graduated. He settle me down, thank god cause Gargis would have killed me in a fight. So old Spence went to see Shug and Shug told him to handle it the old way. The entire off. linemen showed up at Gargis room and took him for a ride.

I will leave the rest of the story for your imagination but sob Gargis had no bruises or marks on him and could play the following weekend.

kids need to learn that wearing sunglasses at night is dumb, so I support the rule.

Oops, my age is showing lol

showing my age too

Artist: Corey Hart

Day late on that reference, friend.

sorry, on my phone trying to catch up on my reading tonight. Was busy today.

Now that the reports came out that Dampeer was one of the four that got punched by Duke, I could not care less if he gets a chance in free agency or not. If he does get a shot, I'm going to have to remember the BS he put his team through when he was given too many chances already.

Yep, heard the Dampeer part early Tuesday from somebody that is really close to a lot of former players. Sammie, Nick, Quan etc. didn't want to post that then due to the "rumor policy" thing we have here, but yea can't really defend duke in this situation.

Now that the reports came out that Dampeer was one of the four that got punched by Duke, I could not care less if he gets a chance in free agency or not. If he does get a shot, I'm going to have to remember the BS he put his team through when he was given too many chances already.

Yep, heard the Dampeer part early Tuesday from somebody that is really close to a lot of former players. Sammie, Nick, Quan etc. didn't want to post that then due to the "rumor policy" thing we have here, but yea can't really defend duke in this situation.

So you're cool with Sammie, Nick and Quan?! Nice!

Apparently, Dampeer took a shot to the jaw that was bad enough for him to need to be checked out at the hospital.Hard to call that inadvertant. This thing just doesn't stop.

Apparently, Dampeer took a shot to the jaw that was bad enough for him to need to be checked out at the hospital.Hard to call that inadvertant. This thing just doesn't stop.

I'm sure there a couple folks here who will say that Dampier had it coming....bullying or something....meanwhile the only real question is why it took Gus so long to deal with him.

I'm sure there a couple folks here who will say that Dampier had it coming....bullying or something....meanwhile the only real question is why it took Gus so long to deal with him.

I agree.

wde

In actuality NOBODY has said or even implied that duke should be in trouble. There are just some who wants it to be said it doesn't matter what happened no questions should be asked you should be happy he's kicked off!

Well actually I got to thinking about it. iT Would be impossible to ban them anyway. Alabama Media(al.com owner) owns all the newspapers and al.com) so they are controllers of all things BAMA in the state of Alabama news wise.

Why ban them now just because AU is a crapfest? Two months ago they were singing our praises weren't they?

Praising JJ as a heisman hopeful, the hiring of Will Muschamp and that he would make an immediate and noticeable impact on the defense, praising Duke's return as a potential All American that would lead to wonderful things for JJ and the Gus Bus. They projected AU to win the SEC and make a playoff team. EVERYTHING was sunshine and rainbows 2 months ago in the local and national media for Auburn Football and we ALL loved the glowing reviews and national attention we were getting.

Now that we have a sh!tshow on our hands we want the Alabama media banned? :gofig:

I REALLY hate it for the guy and hope he can get his stuff together one day. It just seems that at the rate this story is going he is lucky he's only kicked off the team and not in jail for assault.

Well actually I got to thinking about it. iT Would be impossible to ban them anyway. Alabama Media(al.com owner) owns all the newspapers and al.com) so they are controllers of all things BAMA in the state of Alabama news wise.

Why ban them now just because AU is a crapfest? Two months ago they were singing our praises weren't they?

Praising JJ as a heisman hopeful, the hiring of Will Muschamp and that he would make an immediate and noticeable impact on the defense, praising Duke's return as a potential All American that would lead to wonderful things for JJ and the Gus Bus. They projected AU to win the SEC and make a playoff team. EVERYTHING was sunshine and rainbows 2 months ago in the local and national media for Auburn Football and we ALL loved the glowing reviews and national attention we were getting.

Now that we have a sh!tshow on our hands we want the Alabama media banned? :gofig:/>

Good post. Painful, but still good.

What's the wreck? He got in some fights and now is off the team....to the guys who went to Auburn you didn't see or hear about football players fighting? You have to take in account what social media does now as well. It opens up ALL skeletons in the closet

What's the wreck? He got in some fights and now is off the team....to the guys who went to Auburn you didn't see or hear about football players fighting? You have to take in account what social media does now as well. It opens up ALL skeletons in the closet

Isn't it funny when folks congregate to overreact to something, then overreact to each others' overreactions, then blame that something for causing drama?

See also: Every tweet from every recruit ever.

inadvertant was a misused word. You are correct, it was probably intended for him. But going by the story, the reason for the rampage and x was not a bouncer I just wondered why he would punch his teammate when he is getting tossed from a bar for dress code violation. Maybe he flips crazy and punches everyone in his way regardless of why they are in his way? In no way excusing him.

Well, most folks do- or should- realize that this is nothing new. Not like players haven't gotten in trouble for fighting or all kind of other things since basically forever. You used to could cover stuff up so much more easily than now. It's a new time though, is what it is. Fact is he was on a zero tolerance policy and that would have gotten him kicked off the team in any era.

inadvertant was a misused word. You are correct, it was probably intended for him. But going by the story, the reason for the rampage and x was not a bouncer I just wondered why he would punch his teammate when he is getting tossed from a bar for dress code violation. Maybe he flips crazy and punches everyone in his way regardless of why they are in his way? In no way excusing him.

Nope. The Dampeer punch happened a few minutes later, down the street.

damn. What else do you know. Pm me

You sound like a reporter trying to get information. You were wanting names and examples of what went on with a former WR or you didn't believe his story. So are you a reporter or a big gossip hound? We all know the outcome, Duke got in his x number of fights, and in the last straw hit a teammate and was let go from the team. What more do you need to know? His entourage? The style and color of the clothes he was wearing? Who the bouncers were he hit?

You sound like a reporter trying to get information. You were wanting names and examples of what went on with a former WR or you didn't believe his story. So are you a reporter or a big gossip hound? We all know the outcome, Duke got in his x number of fights, and in the last straw hit a teammate and was let go from the team. What more do you need to know? His entourage? The style and color of the clothes he was wearing? Who the bouncers were he hit?

Well obviously Dampeer didnt inadvertently get hit if he got hit minutes later and down the street. That kind of information not only clears up the muddy waters a bit but it is also relevant to the "Duke is Dismissed" thread. If you don't like the subject matter, your favorite thread is just a few clicks away.

FWIW that's not the case from what I've heard. My understanding is it was at the next practice which makes more sense considering when he went to the hospital. Also from what I'm hearing that practice had more to do with him getting kicked off the team than the bar incident.

Archived