Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

Apparently, Dampeer took a shot to the jaw that was bad enough for him to need to be checked out at the hospital.Hard to call that inadvertant. This thing just doesn't stop.

inadvertant was a misused word. You are correct, it was probably intended for him. But going by the story, the reason for the rampage and x was not a bouncer I just wondered why he would punch his teammate when he is getting tossed from a bar for dress code violation. Maybe he flips crazy and punches everyone in his way regardless of why they are in his way? In no way excusing him.

Nope. The Dampeer punch happened a few minutes later, down the street.

damn. What else do you know. Pm me

You sound like a reporter trying to get information. You were wanting names and examples of what went on with a former WR or you didn't believe his story. So are you a reporter or a big gossip hound? We all know the outcome, Duke got in his x number of fights, and in the last straw hit a teammate and was let go from the team. What more do you need to know? His entourage? The style and color of the clothes he was wearing? Who the bouncers were he hit?

Same reason Hard Knocks is a popular show. People want to know about the inner workings of the program. I don't see what the big deal is. It's interesting stuff. Like aujeff said, if it bothers you that much that someone else wants to know more about it you are welcome to just go read the basic al.com articles that are published that give you the bottom line and cookie cutter quotes from those interviewed. Why are you displeased with someone else's incentive to learn more about an intriguing situation that, quite frankly, isn't a common occurrence. I mean our most talented offensive player just went on a punching rampage (lol) it's natural to want to know what the heck was going on IMO

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Dampeer took a shot to the jaw that was bad enough for him to need to be checked out at the hospital.Hard to call that inadvertant. This thing just doesn't stop.

inadvertant was a misused word. You are correct, it was probably intended for him. But going by the story, the reason for the rampage and x was not a bouncer I just wondered why he would punch his teammate when he is getting tossed from a bar for dress code violation. Maybe he flips crazy and punches everyone in his way regardless of why they are in his way? In no way excusing him.

FWIW that's not the case from what I've heard. My understanding is it was at the next practice which makes more sense considering when he went to the hospital. Also from what I'm hearing that practice had more to do with him getting kicked off the team than the bar incident.

I may not be reading this right but are you saying someone broke XD's jaw because there a disagreement on whether Duke should've been kicked off the team? Again, I'm having trouble understanding your last sentence.

FWIW that's not the case from what I've heard. My understanding is it was at the next practice which makes more sense considering when he went to the hospital. Also from what I'm hearing that practice had more to do with him getting kicked off the team than the bar incident.

I may not be reading this right but are you saying someone broke XD's jaw because there a disagreement on whether Duke should've been kicked off the team? Again, I'm having trouble understanding your last sentence.

No I'm saying from what I've been told XD didn't get hit as part of the Bar brawl. Duke did hit him but it was at the next practice.

Sorry if that was a bit vague. Trying to not run too afoul of the rumor policy by just addressing the stuff we know happened and commenting on the location.

No I'm saying from what I've been told XD didn't get hit as part of the Bar brawl. Duke did hit him but it was at the next practice.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe Duke should've gotten into boxing? This is one of those moments where I'm laughing at how insane all of this is but it turns into crying

damn. What else do you know. Pm me

You sound like a reporter trying to get information. You were wanting names and examples of what went on with a former WR or you didn't believe his story. So are you a reporter or a big gossip hound? We all know the outcome, Duke got in his x number of fights, and in the last straw hit a teammate and was let go from the team. What more do you need to know? His entourage? The style and color of the clothes he was wearing? Who the bouncers were he hit?

you are here because you don't really care do you? No not curious at all and not very perceptive either . Bye

If Duke was truly a cancer to the team and Duke struck Dampeer in practice, then I would have expected the whole football team to rush to Dampeers side and Duke get his butt kicked.

If Duke was truly a cancer to the team and Duke struck Dampeer in practice, then I would have expected the whole football team to rush to Dampeers side and Duke get his butt kicked.

Let's just say that punch didn't come without consequences and I don't mean getting kicked off the team.

Let's just say that punch didn't come without consequences and I don't mean getting kicked off the team.

wow

Reminds me of weegs in that thread I started...a couple of weeks ago

I told you not to beat up weegs like that but you just didn't listen.

SMH

Good. We are down a center now so I hope it was a good one.

i was listening to a birmingham radio station this morning and they were blabbing about the situation ... random morning show on a music station ... and has a different version spouted in regards to XD. I started to share it (since 1,000's of people heard it which takes it out of the rumor category in my book), but it isn't similar to what is discussed in the last 2 pages. It combines with a previous rumor that relates to a previous teammate.

I just gotta laugh. I now believe that Duke is the Boogieman.

i was listening to a birmingham radio station this morning and they were blabbing about the situation ... random morning show on a music station ... and has a different version spouted in regards to XD. I started to share it (since 1,000's of people heard it which takes it out of the rumor category in my book), but it isn't similar to what is discussed in the last 2 pages. It combines with a previous rumor that relates to a previous teammate.

I just gotta laugh. I now believe that Duke is the Boogieman.

He's not the boogiman, he's the anit-Christ. Get it right ;D

Good. We are down a center now so I hope it was a good one.

is XD out?

Am I the only one sensing unreliable information flying around?

hardly any info here is "reliable". i sift through and settle on what makes sense. not sure im there yet but interested.

hardly any info here is "reliable". i sift through and settle on what makes sense. not sure im there yet but interested.

I know. I was being a silly willy. I do love how some put it out there like fact when you know it came from a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or moreth (I made a word!) person story.

Here is a pretty good article explaining the events at the bar. Evidently Tony Stevens and Shon Coleman were both there and both tried to calm down Duke. The article does not mention XD so evidently his jaw did not get broke at the bar.

Here is a pretty good article explaining the events at the bar. Evidently Tony Stevens and Shon Coleman were both there and both tried to calm down Duke. The article does not mention XD so evidently his jaw did not get broke at the bar.

I'd say that paints a very descriptive picture there and answers a lot of questions.

I know. I was being a silly willy. I do love how some put it out there like fact when you know it came from a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or moreth (I made a word!) person story.

according to the latest story, there is more unreliable info than most of us realiized. Hell I'm starting to think he may have been kicked off the team before gus even knew about the bar scuffle.w

according to the latest story, there is more unreliable info than most of us realiized. Hell I'm starting to think he may have been kicked off the team before gus even knew about the bar scuffle.w

One thing Gus is good at is keeping a tight lid on things.

Not the first time this has happen at Auburn. My best friend was a senior running back at AU on a blind date and the blind date was Phil Gargis x girlfriend.

Long story short Gargis shows up at the All American Inn and sucker punches my friend. I go to get his ass at the Inn to take to the hospital with a broken jaw and we head back to our apartment. Once I got him in bed I head to Sewell Hall to seek out sob Gargis lucky for me I run into Spence McCracken who had already graduated. He settle me down, thank god cause Gargis would have killed me in a fight. So old Spence went to see Shug and Shug told him to handle it the old way. The entire off. linemen showed up at Gargis room and took him for a ride.

I will leave the rest of the story for your imagination but sob Gargis had no bruises or marks on him and could play the following weekend.

Grew up with PGs oldest, Apple doesn't fall far...

I'd say that paints a very descriptive picture there and answers a lot of questions.

It sure does. The depiction given in that article doesn't even remotely resemble the way the I had it made out to be in my mind (I wasn't there so I don't know why I would pretend to know what happened, LOL).

It sure does. The depiction given in that article doesn't even remotely resemble the way the I had it made out to be in my mind (I wasn't there so I don't know why I would pretend to know what happened, LOL).

The first news item was a basic sports hack story from al.com....no research....saw that Duke hit 4 people in a bar dispute.....and off he went with his story....."4 people plus Duke...must have almost been a riot...but rampage sounds better and is sure the attract the bammers who look for anything Auburn related"...."none of them care about the details or even about accuracy...just important that I'm the first one with the story to get hits on my article"

Not to minimize the event....but when did any of the al.com hacks worry about getting the details right?

So how and where did the jaw get broken?

Archived