Auburn vs Orange Bowl winner talk

vatz22au

I got this by email from a buddy on some several "pay site" boards and decided to pass on the rumor to y'all just incase it hasnt been known. I found it very interesting, but again, only rumor.

"..there is a rumor catching steam that Fed-Ex is trying to setup an "Auburn

vs OB winner" game. Gateway tried the same thing last year without luck,

but here's the kicker, Fed-Ex is proposing that all proceeds from this game

go to Tsunami relief. Some of the 'usual' characters on the forum I belong

to say to watch the game tonight for some mention of it, that there is some

smoke to this story but not sure if either OU or USC will sign up to it

(highly doubtful). They say AU 'higher ups' are really pressing for it...

I don't put much into but it has caused quite a stir in "auburn nation".."

Why won't they agree to it, BCS will award their MNC tonite after the game. Therefore, the winner has their MNC title. Plus it would be great for publicity and show the class of the two teams providing this support for the Tsunami effort.

There was a corollary to this about a Tsunami Victims Fund.

Even if offered, if I was Carroll, I would not accept.

He just blew OU completely out of the state of Florida.

Won't happen after a blowout after tonight. Carrol is not going to take the chance of having to be called co-champs again. The reason Gateway did not get their game last year had nothing to do with the either LSU or USC not wanting to do it or not. It was because the NCAA would not sanction the game. They will not do it this year either. That makes too much sense and gets too close to the "plus one" system.

They don't want none of us...we can play with them anyway. Va Tech had a chance to beat them in week one. When neither team was on all cylinders....

I agree that Carroll would not agree but I would love for the game to be offered and have him publicly turn it down.

good idea but the University of Spoiled Children will not do this for the victims of the tsunami, they would be too afraid of losing their coveted so called "undisputed" NC.

NOTHING EVER CHANGES.

After the '57 season when Auburn shared the MNC with Ohio State (Ohio State had the UPI poll which did not recognize teams on probation), the rumor got started that there was a movement underway to have AU-OSU play a game.

For charity, since Auburn couldn't benefit from bowl proceeds. Now here we are again.

Strange how things come up over and over.

good idea but the University of Spoiled Children will not do this for the victims of the tsunami, they would be too afraid of losing their coveted so called "undisputed" NC.

136419[/snapback]

Do you guys realy think the BCS would let that game take place? No way they will ever let any system that works take over the failure they have created... :rolleyes:

And I realy dought USC fears Auburn or any other team... ;)

I respect what Auburn has done this year....but do not be so bold as to think you strike fear in any team.. :hail::hail::hail::hail::rollin:

136419[/snapback]

Do you guys realy think the BCS would let that game take place? No way they will ever let any system that works take over the failure they have created... :rolleyes:

I respect what Auburn has done this year....but do not be so bold as to think you strike fear in any team.. :hail::hail::hail::hail::rollin:

136431[/snapback]

Thank you for your one wonderful post..........Oh! I forgot you were there. You may go now!

136419[/snapback]

136431[/snapback]

Thank you for your one wonderful post..........Oh! I forgot you were there. You may go now!

136435[/snapback]

Sorry if that came off as a flame.....I agree Auburn would have given USC a better game..I agree Auburn should have got a shot...I just do not agree that USC is scared to play any team...Great year!!! Auburn's 13-0 season should not be played down..It is remarkable..... :cheers:

If USC and Auburn were going to share the title then I could see it maybe happening but USC would never do this now.

Carroll stating on TV how "this is how the BCS set it up"

Right....this comes after you hated it last year.

Hypocrite

It seems like everybody who watched the National Championship wants another game, even the sportswriters. In his blog during the game, Dennis Dodd at CBSsportsline.com made the coment after the 4th USC touchdown

"Someone send a bus for Auburn so we can make this a game."

Baseless Internet Rumor...

1) I agree that there is no reason for USC to accept such a challenge & don't see them doing so.

2) Any such arrangement would have to clear PAC-10, SEC, and NCAA officials, which would take forever (when do the respective governing bodies of those groups meet next anyway?) By the time this cleared PAC-10, SEC, and NCAA approval--with all the politics involved--it would already be next season, or at least spring training. I think by then the coaches would say "Forget it--I've got a new season to prepare for.." At the very least, it couldn't be arranged in time to avoid interfering with last minute recruiting & Signing Day. And most of the seniors with NFL ambitions would have signed with agents and start draft talks...

The only thing is I see happening in the next year or two is possibly a "Four + 1" Championship game, and even that is bucking some big money politics that wants things like they are. However, if "4+1" or something like that does happen in the next year or two, the 2004 Tigers will live on in national memory as "the team the broke the BCS" for much longer than any national title would be remembered

136419[/snapback]

136431[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

We O W N Football in this STATE. I can promise you there is a lot of fear in the halls of the AD @ uat! ! ! :moon:

So now the rumors fly high! USC would never have the balls to play us. Junior Rosegreen made a public statement to ESPN after the Sugar bowl that Auburn would play the OB winner "anytime, anywhere, on any field". USC didn't pick up that challenge because they are too scared they will loose and show a big disgrace.

Fear of what Auburn going 7-5 next year....Nobody has a fear of Auburn..just like nobody fears any other SEC school...My god you act like it's a gun fight... :wacko:

You want to pull the punches..well I got one for ya!!!

USC will start the next season #1 Auburn won't start in the top 15.

Why..well until you have more than 1 season with 10 wins you will get no respect fro the media...

Now I tried to give some congrats but I see this board is full of no class jerks...Bye :nopity:

Archived