Men vs. UAB - game thread

WarTiger

The most impressive thing about last night to me is experience level. UAB ended last year with a run in the NCAA tourney and returned 11 guys from that team that were all used to playing together. In Auburns case, we had a total of around 3 or 4 guys on the court that were here last year, and usually oy 1 or two of them at a time (and sometimes none).

We just took a team that had never played a competitive game together, missing 4 guards for the game and beat a team full of veterans fresh of an NCAA run. I know we can't predict a season off of 1 game but when this team grows into a team, I see no reason not to think we can't make the NCAAs this year. Of course a lot can happen between now and then, but right now I see the best team Auburn has put on the court since Chris Porter was making highlight reels.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win last night. I think we could struggle against bigger lineups this year, Dunans will be the key on mismatches with his quickness. Cant and Dunans were the best players on the court. The inside presence of Spencer was great to see, could develop into a good one. Once Brown, Williams and Taj return that second unit will improve greatly. Granger was a disappointment, on most offensive possessions he just stood in the same spot he took almost all of his shots from. Lang looks to be a week or 2 from getting his legs back from injury. Harris and Bowers gotta continue to work on chemistry and boxing out on the defensive glass. These are minor things against a quality opponent. The improved free throw shooting won the game. I hate the new rules.

I couldn't figure out what the score was at the end. i'm pretty sure it said on the screen it was 76-73 but I knew we weren't up by that much.

Their on screen graphic was not working correctly all night, even in the women's game. The clock was rarely right on the screen and the shot clock wasn't either. The score was jacked at the end for sure. They tried to fix it but added a point to Auburn instead of uab and made it worse.

I couldn't figure out what the score was at the end. i'm pretty sure it said on the screen it was 76-73 but I knew we weren't up by that much.

Their on screen graphic was not working correctly all night, even in the women's game. The clock was rarely right on the screen and the shot clock wasn't either. The score was jacked at the end for sure. They tried to fix it but added a point to Auburn instead of uab and made it worse.

Ah okay. I thought we were up by two, so if I knew we were only up by one I would have really been sweating. Now I'm kinda glad it was messed up haha.

Forgot to check the stats...how many 3s did CimeonB take/hit?

Archived