Men vs. UAB - game thread

WarTiger

Unreal. We just beat a conference champion second round tourney team that returned 11 players while missing 4 players. Just get New Williams in this mix and we may just be a scary team in Pearls second year. I'll say it again...UNREAL!!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like UAB will be great again this year. Every time Auburn started to pull away they would come storming back and even took the lead. Kudos to AU for coming back and finishing the game. Lang is clutch. He seems to hit those threes with a minute left in the game.

Wonderful! I just cannot believe though that this state game was not on tv!! I found freaking Clay Chalkville high school football vs Homewood on channel 220.....smh seriously??!!

Wonderful! I just cannot believe though that this state game was not on tv!! I found freaking Clay Chalkville high school football vs Homewood on channel 220.....smh seriously??!!

You can probably blame ESPN for that, not any local programming.

Auburn's Bruce Pearl: "We had a great college basketball environment tonight. Our crowd delivered. The crowd was phenomenal."

Auburn's Bruce Pearl on 75-74 victory: "Wins like that last all year long because UAB is going to have a great year."

Auburn's Bruce Pearl on Horace Spencer's block in final seconds: "If he's not on floor, they score and win the game." Instead, Auburn 75-74

@AUGoldMine

CTvym5vWsAA9twb.jpg

via @bennettphoto

I couldn't figure out what the score was at the end. i'm pretty sure it said on the screen it was 76-73 but I knew we weren't up by that much.

I couldn't figure out what the score was at the end. i'm pretty sure it said on the screen it was 76-73 but I knew we weren't up by that much.

Yep. If you had sound working (it was in and out for some) they said it was 75-74 but whoever was doing the score for ESPN was lost. UAB makes that last basket and we lose. Horace is a freaking game changer!!!

What a game. I think we have a chance to be pretty solid this year...and just wait until we have the full stable of guys. I hope we can get some ball handlers back soon when Canty is not on the floor. I like that Harris can make plays though

You can probably blame ESPN for that, not any local programming.

I can understand it, the worst part of the local programming is...that they had that game on tv on a night when Hoover & Vestavia Hills played each other...wow lame! >.>

Awesome game and even better to get the win! There is a lot to like about this team. Canty, Dunans, Spencer and Harris all look like some really solid players. All are going to play big roles for this team as the year goes on. Can't wait to see the team when it is full strength. We didn't press a whole lot and I figure that was because we were so short on guards. Loved how the team lost the lead late and still came back and got the victory. This is going to be a fun team to watch this year as they get more use to playing together and get everyone back.

Archived