Staff Changes

fredst

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, it is not going to CLT. Please get this out of your mind. Gus has too much riding on this hire, and has likely been given the OK from Jacobs to spend well over $1,000.000.00 to hire an established DC that has a lot of experience under his belt.

Steele will likely be the one when all is said and done. I think LSU will counter offer up to 1.5 million and maybe not even that amount. We will likely have to pay Steele 1.6 million to get him.

If this falls through, offer Vennables $2,000,000 per year on a guaranteed 3 year contract unless he leaves on his on accord. Watch his defense dismantle Okie. Another DC that would come if we offered him 1.3 million would be Dave Aranda.

Hell I want Shannon. Great recruiter, proven DC, high character guy. what's the problem?

Hey Cole! Did you have a great Christmas? I do like Shannon very much. I say lets offer Vennables or Aranda from Wisc. and offer them enough to get them Auburn bound.

I'm doing good brother and yeah great Christmas I got a ps4 lol. Hope you and your family had a great one. I'd like those guys as well. Vennables will probably start getting some HC interest soon I bet

One things seems clear. Gus is sticking with the multiple scheme 3-4; 4-3 that muschamp installed. Both guys he has pursued Steele and FSU guy run this system. This narrows the field in my opinion.

One things seems clear. Gus is sticking with the multiple scheme 3-4; 4-3 that muschamp installed. Both guys he has pursued Steele and FSU guy run this system. This narrows the field in my opinion.

That would be nice ....actually hiring someone who was part of a bigger picture and not just another one or two year fix....

It's Kevin Steele, Malzahn has confirmed. Don't have a link but saw on Twitter.

Not everything you read on Twitter is true. Needs to come from Malzahn, Jacobs, Auburn Football, etc.

Maleah's said it in the press conference

It's Kevin Steele, Malzahn has confirmed. Don't have a link but saw on Twitter.

Not everything you read on Twitter is true. Needs to come from Malzahn, Jacobs, Auburn Football, etc.

Such is why links are needed. Thanks.

I don't watch Malzahn pressers, so I wasn't expecting him to be named today after the bowl game.

They better at the least keep him on staff

Agreed. WDE says 50/50. If we lose LT it will be another cluster by our ptb, AD, gus, or whoever is responsible.

I don't think any of us (myself included) are jumping up and down, but it's not the type of hire that's a cause for panic (see: Loeffler--I just about went pale when I learned that he went 0-16 at Detroit).

this is the best that we can do?....i'm sick to my stomach, but the good thing is that this will probably seal the deal with coach doublebubble and his future.....hell, i'd rather have my neighbor, who knows very little about football, be the new DC.....he wouldn't be much of a coach, but he does have a nice herd of goats....thats right, i'd rather have a goatherder for DC than kevin steele

That's nice

I'm quickly coming around to the George Costanza method on tombigbee's posts and opinions. I look at whatever his inclination or take on something is and deliberately choose the opposite.

You're in good company...reminds me of "Father Ted"'s sarcastic priest episode...great Irish humor. It's nice to rediscover how to "manage ignore preferences"... ;-)

this is the best that we can do?....i'm sick to my stomach, but the good thing is that this will probably seal the deal with coach doublebubble and his future.....hell, i'd rather have my neighbor, who knows very little about football, be the new DC.....he wouldn't be much of a coach, but he does have a nice herd of goats....thats right, i'd rather have a goatherder for DC than kevin steele

That's nice

I'm quickly coming around to the George Costanza method on tombigbee's posts and opinions. I look at whatever his inclination or take on something is and deliberately choose the opposite.

You're in good company...reminds me of "Father Ted"'s sarcastic priest episode...great Irish humor. It's nice to rediscover how to "manage ignore preferences"... ;-)

I decided to give everyone a breather from tombigbee's ceaseless negativity.

That's nice

Good call. Thanks.

That's nice

Owe you a drink.

That's nice

Far be it from me to question your judgement on moderating this forum but that specific post of bigbee's is funny as hell I dont care who you are! :Sing:

Next best news to DC hire and fabulous bowl performance. Thank you, TT, for sending tt on vacation.

That's nice

136135437510974841.GIF

That's nice

Far be it from me to question your judgement on moderating this forum but that specific post of bigbee's is funny as hell I dont care who you are! :Sing:/>

I wish I were that easily amused, it was just another one of his stupid, negative, useles posts to me.

Archived