Staff Changes

fredst

Well, 8:30pm and I am going to try and get about 3 hours of sleep before waking for a midnight kickoff. Going to focus on the game and put the DC search to the side for a day. I am sure things will heat up tomorrow.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if Thompson was going to be the choice he'd have been announced long before now. There was no reason not to do it that way, and lost of potential positives.

^^This. The longer we wait just to announce Thompson screams to the world "we got turned down by everyone and this is what we found at the bottom of the barrel".

The same goes if we hire Roof or even Allen to a lesser extent at this point.

wde

No, it's not the same at all. Thompson has been on staff here and naming him would have been a simple, easy step at any point in the process. Looking at it from any angle, if Thompson were a candidate he'd already have the job.

Anybody that thinks we need to hang our heads in shame over whatever outside guy is eventually hired is just looking for something to whine about.

Anyone think Chip Kelly would try a shot at being the DC?!

I hear Michelle Obama wants the position....

Good lord, no! We could never afford the travel expenses! :)

Tons of talk that Steele is our guy. Based on what's out there this is an impressive hire. Interesting he would leave LSU for AU.

Tons of talk that Steele is our guy. Based on what's out there this is an impressive hire. Interesting he would leave LSU for AU.

I believe it was probably a mutual agreement between Steele and Miles. This is the only way LSU would be able to keep Orgeron.

I believe it was probably a mutual agreement between Steele and Miles. This is the only way LSU would be able to keep Orgeron.

Has Orgeron been a DC before?

Has Orgeron been a DC before?

I don't believe so but he was HC at Ole Miss (did crappy job there) and interim HC at USC (did a decent job while interim). For whatever that's worth.

Heard AU getting slammed on Sirius XM today over "the job that nobody wants"....alleging that one Big10 DC has turned us down three times now...and general sense of the discussion was......why would anyone take a job where the primary measure of success is beating bama? Who wants that to be the way their performance is evaluated ?

Heard AU getting slammed on Sirius XM today over "the job that nobody wants"....alleging that one Big10 DC has turned us down three times now...and general sense of the discussion was......why would anyone take a job where the primary measure of success is beating bama? Who wants that to be the way their performance is evaluated ?

Responding to the XM guy(s) and not you: this is the first time we've had any trouble with a hire in Gus's tenure. Heck, we had splash hire after splash hire when Chizik was here. If they want to mock our lack of continuity, by all means they should have at it. But a LOT of talented guys have wanted to work at Auburn.

Responding to the XM guy(s) and not you: this is the first time we've had any trouble with a hire in Gus's tenure. Heck, we had splash hire after splash hire when Chizik was here. If they want to mock our lack of continuity, by all means they should have at it. But a LOT of talented guys have wanted to work at Auburn.

agree...but what's different this time? I can think of several things and I bet you can too.

Archived