Men vs. Vanderbilt - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perimeter D is about communication and hustle. At the beginning of the year I totally understood about weak communication but this far into the season I would have expected the communication issue to have been resolved. Now you have to blame it on the players. With our injuries it would be understandable as players get tired that opponents would get more open three's in second half as players get tired but in first quarter there is no excuse for not getting into shooters space.

AU was 13th in the SEC in FT shooing today. Should get to 14th after tonight. Haven't hit a FT yet.

we are 3-6 tonight

I do like New Williams though. Is he having to play before he's 100% because of our lack of depth or did he get healed up? Anyone know?

AU was 13th in the SEC in FT shooing today. Should get to 14th after tonight. Haven't hit a FT yet.

we are 3-6 tonight

Yep. My bad. Forgot Harris completed a 3 point play.

AU just throwing stuff at the rim. It's just terrible basketball. Not sure how a Pearl coached team can have devolved into something this undiciplined and ugly. It's not basketball.

Just not going to be our year. Too thin. Too hurt.

Injuries hurting us in game and in practice. It's going to be another rough season.

I do like New Williams though. Is he having to play before he's 100% because of our lack of depth or did he get healed up? Anyone know?

Doesn't look to be favoring the knee and he's not wearing a brace.

Just don't see the heart. Not saying they quit they just don't look like a team that thinks they can win. Maybe it's a confidence thing. Who knows. I just don't see where we are gonna be much better this year than years past when it comes to Ws and Ls.

we are 3-6 tonight

50% is not acceptable

Guys this isn't flow or Vandy beating us or anything. We haven't made a shot. We've had wide open looks. Bottom line before anything else is this: you can't expect to make every shot you take, but if you are a division 1 college athlete, you've got to hit some shots, it just has to happen. And nothing is falling. NOTHING. Layups, jumpers, 3s, absolutely nothing. We're not getting beat physically or with effort, we just are AWFUL at shooting tonight. It's AWFUL. And it's frustrating because it seems to be something different that we do wrong every game.

Just don't see the heart. Not saying they quit they just don't look like a team that thinks they can win. Maybe it's a confidence thing. Who knows. I just don't see where we are gonna be much better this year than years past when it comes to Ws and Ls.

Well...when your key players are hurt and your floor guys are scattered with freshman this is what you get.

Vandys ball movement is killing us and we aren't moving it in a manner that forces the D to be worried

It's probably completely ignorant of me to second guess Bruce, but I think the balls to the wall approach has to stop. Bruce needs to slow the game down for these guys on offense. There are occasional good looks, but most are wild shots in hopes they get fouled (even though they are avoiding contact) or hurried attempts to catch the defense napping which aren't falling. Just need to limit Vandy possessions and keep from getting blown out by 50 and completely deflating the team.

Vandys ball movement is killing us and we aren't moving it in a manner that forces the D to be worried

i don't think it's killing us. I think the fact that we've made no shots is killing us.

yep....one of the worst shooting nights I've seen.

Archived