Men vs. Vanderbilt - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again. They're making everything. We're making nothing.

I see your point, but in my opinion they're also taking some pretty reckless shots. Even with the high percentage/point blank shots in the first half, there were a lot of circus-style releases instead of your prototypical shooting motions. Would have liked to see them at least try to get Vandy in the air and go up hard to draw an easy foul/possible and-1 situation.

Harris another offensive rebound and is fouled. shooting 2. 1st no good. 2nd no good....fighting for rebound, controlled by Auburn and Granger with a THREE. 66-48

Granger fouled..shooting double bonus .1st no good. 2nd no good. That was a violation on New Williams and they either missed it or chose not to call it.

Canty witha drive and he's fouled. shooting 2. 1st no good. 2nd good.. another violation by Williams that wasn't called. 73-55

Well ... We apparently played the second half fairly even. Sounds like new got some solid minutes. That's a positive ... I think.

We also scored more in the second half than the first. I'll take whatever positives I can find at this point.

I wish someone could explain why Auburn couldn't throw one in the ocean from the FT line. Actually, it's not just this year's team but for the past few years AU missed out on about 15 points a game.

I wish someone could explain why Auburn couldn't throw one in the ocean from the FT line. Actually, it's not just this year's team but for the past few years AU missed out on about 15 points a game.

It's unreal.

When was the last time AU beat Vandy in BB?

Pearl said it in the post-game: he can't focus on winning right now because it's just almost too difficult with all the injuries. It's really unbelievable how unfortunate we've been this year thus far. He said we've just got to focus on getting better. Becoming better basketball players and playing as a team. We'll see how the story of the season shapes up, but keep being patient. They're playing hard. They just have had some terrible, terrible luck.

Take what we can get until thing get better on health front. Bless these guys.....this program is cursed.

Pearl said it in the post-game: he can't focus on winning right now because it's just almost too difficult with all the injuries. It's really unbelievable how unfortunate we've been this year thus far. He said we've just got to focus on getting better. Becoming better basketball players and playing as a team. We'll see how the story of the season shapes up, but keep being patient. They're playing hard. They just have had some terrible, terrible luck.

This would make sense if fundamentals were improving. However....:..............,...

I currently can't find more than 3 or 4 total SEC wins on the schedule, and it may take a miracle to get to four. Try again next year (just like we've said for the last 10 years). I hate that I'm this pessimistic about this team, but this season is already over unless we get some injured guys back quickly.

Fundamentals aren't going to improve during a season. Basketball iq, chemistry, and overall conditioning should improve but fundamentals no

Archived