Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Saw The Band in 1970 in Atl, Taj in a really small venue in Ft Laud and Little Feat in West Palm Beach. A little side story on Taj the venue was a really really same jazz place and he just showed up. I knew his music, actually had a few albums, but had no idea he was any where in So. Fl.

Also Gregg Allman did the same thing in North Palm Beach one night just showed up drunk as hell at this bar and started playing

I love stories like these.

Been spinning the hell out of Stapleton's album and the more recent Shakes album. Good to see them represented. Didn't realize Stapleton was so adept at bluegrass, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Saw Ricky Skaggs and Marty Stuart at Merlefest, both put on incredible shows.

Shocks, I'm going to enjoy reliving your beer party, or at least the soundtrack, at my desk today. Awesome stuff!

And just so I don't show up empty handed:

Yep, Jack and Third Man are so damn prolific and creative, it's almost scary...

Love the Dead Weather and truthfully, just about everything he's done. Lazaretto is a great record too...

Yep, Jack and Third Man are so damn prolific and creative, it's almost scary...

Love the Dead Weather and truthfully, just about everything he's done. Lazaretto is a great record too...

Couldn't agree more. I was so glad to see him after he'd had a chance to build up his repertoire with the White Stripes, the Raconteurs, Dead Weather and his own solo album (I saw him before Lazaretto came out). And then, like you said, there are all the things he and Third Man have done with other artists, the Cold Mountain soundtrack... "almost scary", indeed.

And only because you mentioned biscuits :)

Edited by McLoofus

Would love to see a double bill with these guys and Dead Weather:

Loved the music, loved the vid....the vocal? Not so much.....Will have to see some other work....even some of my favorite artists have the sporadic piece, I like less than others.

Oh, you just reminded me- ever heard of a band named Halestorm? Don't know the lead singer's name or how long she'll be able to sing the way she does without damaging the pipes, but man, she's got some unique abilities. Actually heard them on the radio driving through Nashville. Not my style of music, normally, but her voice definitely gave me pause.

I have heard them......she may go all out and scream/screech occasionally, not like a lot of male black metal singers who have voices with a 10 year life span....lol.....

A few people can do that long term, not many.\

Really enjoy Daryl's House and watched that episode. Outstanding!

Music City Roots has some great performers. Now, obviously it is rather genre specific, but they have some screaming talent most of the time...Saw Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch not too long ago. They too are very definitive of style, killer songwriters though.

Music City Roots has some great performers. Now, obviously it is rather genre specific, but they have some screaming talent most of the time...Saw Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch not too long ago. They too are very definitive of style, killer songwriters though.

Oh, don't get me started on those two. Have gotten to see them a few times. Really, really enjoy their work. 'Hell Among the Yearlings' is one of the most perfectly conceived and composed albums I've ever heard.